People who said game over

Crizilla

Reaction score
It's time grow up. Sports have been around long enough to know its not over until it's OVER

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
You would figure some would learn after last years NFCCC game vs the Packers but sadly that isn't the case.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Yeah that's true and I didn't think it was over and am going nuts. But our offense still gets a boo for not getting a first down

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
A easy field goal for them when there kicker looked solid all game. I didn't give up but I was verrrry pessimistic. I had thought we had lost. I even texted my wife we will probably loose after the PI call. I would never count us out until the final whistle but I was definitely a negative Nancy there.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have no problem with people saying how they felt. The odds were stacked against us by ALOT. I have found myself thinking the game is over in similar situations in the past. Funnily enough though, yesterday, I found myself saying to my wife towards the end that it was looking bad, but kept reiterating that it wasn't over yet. Luckily I was right, because it clearly changed the way I'm feeling this morning.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Why is it so bad to be realistic? There was more than a 98% chance that the game was over before he made the kick. I don't see a problem with acknowledging that.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
A good friend of mine who is a huge Patriots fan got pissed when Kearse made that circus catch in the Super Bowl late in the 4th quarter and decided to go outside and smoke a cigarette out of frustration that his team was going to lose another Super Bowl. When he came back inside, the Patriots were lined up in the victory formation.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
fenderbender123":23a1k6jg said:
A good friend of mine who is a huge Patriots fan got pissed when Kearse made that circus catch in the Super Bowl late in the 4th quarter and decided to go outside and smoke a cigarette out of frustration that his team was going to lose another Super Bowl. When he came back inside, the Patriots were lined up in the victory formation.

And it sucks for him that he missed one of the best plays in his team's history. But I don't blame him for going outside. After Kearse made that catch, a lot of Seahawk fans assumed it was over too, only in their favor.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2le3pfot said:
Why is it so bad to be realistic? There was more than a 98% chance that the game was over before he made the kick. I don't see a problem with acknowledging that.

If these numbers are true, and 188 of 190 kicks have been made from inside that distance this season, then by my math we had we had a 1.1% chance of winning.

But shhh, this is .net. Facts are heresy. Fan > Fact

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":l3b662tw said:
HawkFan72":l3b662tw said:

If these numbers are true, and 188 of 190 kicks have been made from inside that distance this season, then by my math we had we had a 1.1% chance of winning.

There were many people who threw in the towel FAR in advance of getting to the field goal attempt. Early 3rd quarter. If I cared to go look, I'd probably also see some who gave it up late in the first half.

rain7

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":219qpr86 said:
Crizilla":219qpr86 said:
It's time grow up. Sports have been around long enough to know its not over until it's OVER

Weren't you one of the ones bemoaning our 'loss' in the gameday forum? Like in the 3rd quarter. GTHOH.
Lol

kidhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1zw9ag3g said:
HawkFan72":1zw9ag3g said:

you have to add to that 1.1% chance, because the clock wasn't down to zero on that kick there would have been time for a kick return and at least one play if not two. So although the odds were still heavily against us, it wasn't an impossibility, even if the kick had been good.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":13pvq73h said:
WindCityHawk":13pvq73h said:
HawkFan72":13pvq73h said:

There were many people who threw in the towel FAR in advance of getting to the field goal attempt. Early 3rd quarter. If I cared to go look, I'd probably also see some who gave it up late in the first half.

Well, yeah I think that's ridiculous. I just don't blame the people who gave up when Minnesota was lining up for the kick. There's a big difference, IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3e4dr7y6 said:

I was a big pile on the couch because I knew the FG was a high probability, and the 20 seconds to get a FG with no timeouts was a low one. But I waited to see how it went, and oh...my...god.

I think the overreaction is the people who gave up long before the 4th quarter. That was pretty bad.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":yo3l1dgc said:
HawkFan72":yo3l1dgc said:

I don't think that you can make a reasonable guess of the probability based on the kicks based on the distance. Not including choking in big games (particularly the playoffs) and the weather into the assumptions are big omissions.

Torc

Reaction score
I thought it was over when Kam got the bogus PI called on him. I almost didn't watch the field goal attempt, but I figured with 26 seconds left there was an outside chance that Russell could pull something off and didn't want to miss it.

Those who claim they "knew" it was going to be miss....whatever. Seeing Sherman and Bennett on their knees tells you they knew they got a miracle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well considering NFL kicks 27 yards and in have like a 98.5% completion percentage, the game was over for all intents and purposes.

If anyone here thought we were winning that game when Minnesota was lining up to kick, they're liars.