People who said game over

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":ub2rt70n said:
I'm one of those guys who never gives up, I always use the 'Fat Lady ain't singing yet' mantra; but I have to admit I thought it was over.

Was warming up my car to go play some Omaha; walked back in the house to watch the kick and couldn't believe he missed it! It was the same feeling of shock I felt at the end of the SB...except this time we were on the winning end. :th2thumbs:

Go 'Hawks!!

Exactly how I felt. Took me about 30 seconds later to scream "We won!".

Wartooth

Reaction score
I've stopped even looking at the game day thread during the game...
So much Chicken Little stuff going on in there!
I can't imagine that half of these fans would still be Hawks fans if they had to endure the 80's and 90's!
Go Hawks!
The Panthers need a pounding!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Crizilla":2pk24787 said:
It's time grow up. Sports have been around long enough to know its not over until it's OVER

Thanks for todays lesson in "How To Be A Fan 101"

:roll:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2o9fzowq said:
It wasn't just at the end. All game in the game day forum people were crying like little girls.

People quit all day in there. You know who you are.

The field goal? I don't blame people for that. But the rest of the game? Nutt up and act like you have a pair.

Tell'm Jen!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Grow up? Really? The ONLY reason I come here is to act like a child and talk smack.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3hvtn0gh said:
It wasn't just at the end. All game in the game day forum people were crying like little girls.

People quit all day in there. You know who you are.

The field goal? I don't blame people for that. But the rest of the game? Nutt up and act like you have a pair.
Actually Crizilla posted after me in one those gameday threads..I posted it wasn't won or lost till all 4 quarters was over.He posted something afterwards but it wasn't harsh towards the OP.I really wanted to post far more than what I did but that would have got me a mail message.I get why he is pissed,I don't get people quitting on the Hawks when they play a bunch of close ones and usually come out on top.I just think after that GB game last year a lesson was taught and it couldn't be any more clear-"Don't quit on the Hawks" but whatever right?It never changes :|

muxpux

Reaction score
Largent80":1txvodvt said:
Didn't any of you go to or see the 2005 Giant game?

I was at that game, and the roller coaster of emotions was intense, BUT, none of those were chip shots. Usually made, yes, but by no means are they comparable. Let's also not forget nearly 9 years ago to the day, another chip shot field goal should have knocked us out of the playoffs, only to botch the snap. There's always hope, but reality was, I was pretty down, and not very optimistic. Of course my mind was racing with the kickoff return, couple quick throws to get into FG range, but in no way did I realistically think either was going to happen. And to be honest, I was looking for a bad hold or a block as he'd been money all day. Most likely a combo of the two (decent snap and hold, but not perfect, and Sherman's near block) probably helped to create a kick that thankfully beat the odds and hooked hard and quick

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3o29fbva said:
Well considering NFL kicks 27 yards and in have like a 98.5% completion percentage, the game was over for all intents and purposes.

If anyone here thought we were winning that game when Minnesota was lining up to kick, they're liars.

No kidding. But I guess we need to grow up. :34853_doh:

BlueOne

Reaction score
Players can't give up as they are being paid millions of dollars not to. Is it really a big deal how individuals feel about the game over the course of the game? Is someone a "bad" fan because they're upset they think there team lost before the final whistle? IMO telling people they need to grow up because they aren't up to some unwritten code of proper fandom is silly.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
What I just don't understand about this mentality is that if we do end up losing - we will literally have the ENTIRE offseason to discuss the game. There is no need to start in the third quarter with nonsense especially as, if you do believe it is over, then you have very limited time to cheer for you team until next season.

I have cheered for franchises who don't even make the playoffs so just being in is a privilege that I won't waste.

Lastly, I have learned with this team that games are never over. We have enough individual playmaking talent that can explode at any time.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
You're clearly a better and more intelligent fan than me for not getting emotional about the Seahawks during the playoffs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Anyone claiming they knew we'd win or want to call other people out. YOU WERE SCARED. It's easy to act tough after the roller coaster comes to it's end. It's sad to see the "i'm a better fan than you" trend start to happen.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":1pjvb2m0 said:
Anyone claiming they knew we'd win or want to call other people out. YOU WERE SCARED. It's easy to act tough after the roller coaster comes to it's end. It's sad to see the "i'm a better fan than you" trend start to happen.

It happened in chat too...but I love those guys so I'll forgive. :D ;)