Beast Back !!!

Rocket

Reaction score
Per ESPN, "Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch is back at the team's practice facility. Lynch is rehabbing from surgery associated with a sports hernia injury. Pete Carroll has already ruled him out for Sunday's game against the Ravens."

raisethe3

Reaction score
Hopefully he'll be fresh for the playoff run. :th2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
raisethe3":2m7jesh0 said:
Hopefully he'll be fresh for the playoff run. :th2thumbs:
Three games to get him up to speed, assuming he's ready next week. ;)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
So awkward question. Does Rawls back up a healthy beast or did beast just get wally pipped? Cant argue T Rawls been more productive this year then beast was when he played.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Why look for problems before they actually present themselves?

Like all things Seahawks competing for playing time is how it works, and if the coaches think ML can't beat out Rawls then Rawls will be the starter. Tough to sit ML when he punishes opponents with his running style but then again productivity is what is important.

Either case, the team will have some real strength coming off the bench once ML is fully healthy.

Seymour

Reaction score
gowazzu02":316kvcez said:
So awkward question. Does Rawls back up a healthy beast or did beast just get wally pipped? Cant argue T Rawls been more productive this year then beast was when he played.

Good question. We are about to find out if "always compete" is more than lip service. Rawls has eliminated the question on who is more productive for this season.

TwilightError

Reaction score
It means that the team can survive a Rawls injury. I dont see it becoming a distraction.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seymour":1s4wm0yw said:
gowazzu02":1s4wm0yw said:

Good question. We are about to find out if "always compete" is more than lip service. Rawls has eliminated the question on who is more productive for this season.

They proved that always compete was real a long time ago.

A

Anonymous

Damn, I thought this was a thread about ribs.

Properly prepared beast-back is delicious.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
This is good news. If Rawls gets hurt or starts to hit a wall over the next four weeks then you have Lynch working his way back and possibly being ready for the playoffs (or the Cardnial game). If Rawls stays healthy and doesn't hit any wall then you have a nice 1-2-3 punch with Lynch, Rawls and Jackson for the remainder of the season.

On top of this season, you have a better gague of who to keep next year if Rawls continues to play at a high level. Right now, I see Lynch coming back as a good thing, no downside to adding a probowl RB to a team hitting it's stride. I just hope he knows the snaps will be divided up a bit more than before he got hurt, Rawls has earned the extra reps.

Seymour

Reaction score
Basis4day":1in29gzh said:
Seymour":1in29gzh said:
gowazzu02":1in29gzh said:

Agree on that in most cases. This year though, how does one explain Williams and Nowak starting then getting completely put to shame by their 'backups"?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This trains rollin', so I don't think Pete messes with the current offensive chemistry...........even if in 2-3 weeks Lynch is back.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Seymour":1h7nqwse said:
Basis4day":1h7nqwse said:
Seymour":1h7nqwse said:
gowazzu02":1h7nqwse said:

Agree on that in most cases. This year though, how does one explain Williams and Nowak starting then getting completely put to shame by their 'backups"?

All we see is the onfield production. The competition starts in OTA's and mini camp. It's possible Nowak was working his tail off and Lewis assumed he was untouchable and didn't work as hard.

We don't really have all the info.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3cak702x said:
This trains rollin', so I don't think Pete messes with the current offensive chemistry...........even if in 2-3 weeks Lynch is back.

Disagree. If Lynch is healthy he becomes the starter, but will only keep that position if he's productive.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":2l8wljca said:
Sgt. Largent":2l8wljca said:

Disagree. If Lynch is healthy he becomes the starter, but will only keep that position if he's productive.

IMO he hasn't really been healthy all year, and I don't think he's going to be 100% healthy for the rest of the year.

Thus my opinion, and why Pete will continue to be coy about Lynch.

If we go deep into the playoffs? Then you might see Lynch get some reps, but if we continue to win and this offense continues to kick ass? No way Pete upsets that dynamic by trying to put Lynch back in. I just don't see how that happens.

DJrmb

Reaction score
While I love Lynch for what he's done as a Seahawk in the past this is not then and Rawls has been much more productive so far this year. I'm not making the case at this point to sit Lynch for Rawls, but I do think you need to continue that transition as Rawls clearly is the future. The last thing we should do is throw Lynch into a starting "feature back" role where he gets 18-25 carries a game immediately. Out of respect for the player and his role in the locker room you name Lynch the starter, yes, but the carries should reflect that he's Slowly being worked back in, with an understanding that he will compete for more touches. Let the more productive back get the majority of the carries.

Should be fun to watch these two get after it!
:snack:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seymour":22fh599n said:
Basis4day":22fh599n said:
Seymour":22fh599n said:
gowazzu02":22fh599n said:

Both those players ended up getting replaced. That is the essence of always compete.
You're assuming both players were getting outplayed earlier in the year in practice, meetings, and games.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":8uhzmh19 said:
StoneCold":8uhzmh19 said:
Sgt. Largent":8uhzmh19 said:

IMO he hasn't really been healthy all year, and I don't think he's going to be 100% healthy for the rest of the year.

Thus my opinion, and why Pete will continue to be coy about Lynch.

If we go deep into the playoffs? Then you might see Lynch get some reps, but if we continue to win and this offense continues to kick ass? No way Pete upsets that dynamic by trying to put Lynch back in. I just don't see how that happens.

Agree that he hasn't been 100%, but if he is do you start him then?

Seymour

Reaction score
Basis4day":1b3ox15x said:
Both those players ended up getting replaced. That is the essence of always compete.
You're assuming both players were getting outplayed earlier in the year in practice, meetings, and games.

Yes, true I am. I am also assuming the "questionable effort" comment from Thomas was pointed toward Williams who continued to look and play like a complete liability (ie---kept his job)

When there is that much difference in play and chemistry, it doesn't just show up when the lights are on IMO.

All that aside, this case with Lynch and the former face of the franchise is different, and depending on how Lynch and his mom receive it, it could get ugly if mis-handled.