Beast Back !!!

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jqfi1om said:
McGruff":2jqfi1om said:
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that when Beast retires we are going to find out that he was a lot like Terrell Davis . . . A great back, but also a product of the system. Rawls may be like Foster or Holmes . . . Or he may be like Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Mike Bell, Rueben Droughns, etc. A plug and play back that fits the system.

Lynch has been successful in multiple systems, going all the way back to college. So I have to disagree, in fact his running style transcends any system...........and IS what sets him apart from just another system back.

IMO what's given him success in Seattle has more to do with he found a coach, city and team that allowed him to be himself, which has created a good environment for him to succeed, far more than this zone blocking system.

Have we really dropped the zone blocking scheme? Is our running attack run differently with Rawls?

Also under Pete we have always been an almost 50/50 pass to run, and even over these last 3 weeks we still are. I think it's a false assumption that we force the ball to any one player. Even the Harvin debacle, had those plays worked, would have become just the way he got his touches, and we'd still be a 50/50 run pass team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
StoneCold":2jahv318 said:
Sgt. Largent":2jahv318 said:
McGruff":2jahv318 said:
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that when Beast retires we are going to find out that he was a lot like Terrell Davis . . . A great back, but also a product of the system. Rawls may be like Foster or Holmes . . . Or he may be like Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Mike Bell, Rueben Droughns, etc. A plug and play back that fits the system.

Lynch has been successful in multiple systems, going all the way back to college. So I have to disagree, in fact his running style transcends any system...........and IS what sets him apart from just another system back.

IMO what's given him success in Seattle has more to do with he found a coach, city and team that allowed him to be himself, which has created a good environment for him to succeed, far more than this zone blocking system.

Have we really dropped the zone blocking scheme? Is our running attack run differently with Rawls?

Also under Pete we have always been an almost 50/50 pass to run, and even over these last 3 weeks we still are. I think it's a false assumption that we force the ball to any one player. Even the Harvin debacle, had those plays worked, would have become just the way he got his touches, and we'd still be a 50/50 run pass team.

It's not different with Rawls, but he hits the hole quicker so he's been more effective than Lynch who needs that seconds for the hole to open up before picking his cutback lane..............thus why he's been less effective when our line play is poor.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see a healthy Lynch being OK with having his carries drastically cut or Pete not playing him because our offense is on fire without him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Funny, I'm kinda done with Lynch. Let the Rawls era begin.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Dang. Unfortunately there is no RB controversy now that Rawls is done. We need Lynch to come back and be his old self.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Lynch, who had surgery on an abdominal injury two week ago, is week-to-week, according to coach Pete Carroll.
"It's a day-to-day thing that really will be week-to-week," Carroll said. "Not this week for sure. We'll see what happens next week."

http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footba ... r-surgery/

Hopefully, we get BEAST MODE back against St. Louis and Arizona.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What a fantastic story for Lynch if he can suit up in the final weeks of the season and get back to full strength in time for our road tour to SB50.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
“We’ll see how Marshawn does,’’ Carroll said. “ He was back in rehabbing with us.We’ll see where he is. He’s got a chance to get back. It’s all about getting back in shape and getting right.

“I don’t know what the timetable is at this point. Our trainers can’t tell yet. But that will be the next thing we will look to see how that works out.’’

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... vs-ravens/

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Lynch behind this new and improved line.

Unless the line is still rubbish and that was all Rawls this last month, which it may have been...