Remember when this team was full of players no team wanted?

cesame

Reaction score
Russell Wison - 3rd round pick: too short
Richard Sherman - 5th round pick: Not fast enough
Doug Baldwin - UDFA
Kam Chancellor - 5th round pick
Brandon Browner - CFL
KJ Wright - 4th round pick
Chris Clemons - UDFA: bounced around the league
Michael Robinson - QB to FB
Michael Bennett - UDFA
Red Bryant - 4th round pick

Pete Carroll - fired before in the NFL

I think you get the idea

This team was once full of not just a few players, but a big chunk of the roster of guys with a chip on their shoulder out to prove to the NFL that teams were wrong about them. There were so many guys that had this chip on their shoulder that the team rallied behind it and used it as HUGE motivation. Every interview or story and the guys were talking about it. They really got behind the notion that they were out to prove to everyone that not only do they deserve to play in the NFL, but that they're also better than you as well. Just a huge motivating factor.

With everyone paid, roster turnover, etc, that's just not the case anymore. That motivating factor of proving everyone wrong is gone. Now they're the favorites with a bunch of guys that are the highest paid at their position.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
You know Ive been thinking about that quite a bit. You see it in the teams demeanor where the chip on the shoulder is not there anymore. The swag we had is gone and everyone is just kind of going through the motions.

I think this season is the first with this core where there backs really are against the wall. They MUST win to keep hope, and show they are better than the record 4-5 shows right now. I'm interested to see how the team responds.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
cesame":2rzu7txc said:
Russell Wison - 3rd round pick: too short
Richard Sherman - 5th round pick: Not fast enough
Doug Baldwin - UDFA
Kam Chancellor - 5th round pick
Brandon Browner - CFL
KJ Wright - 4th round pick
Chris Clemons - UDFA: bounced around the league
Michael Robinson - QB to FB
Michael Bennett - UDFA
Red Bryant - 4th round pick

Pete Carroll - fired before in the NFL

I think you get the idea

This team was once full of not just a few players, but a big chunk of the roster of guys with a chip on their shoulder out to prove to the NFL that teams were wrong about them. There were so many guys that had this chip on their shoulder that the team rallied behind it and used it as HUGE motivation. Every interview or story and the guys were talking about it. They really got behind the notion that they were out to prove to everyone that not only do they deserve to play in the NFL, but that they're also better than you as well. Just a huge motivating factor.

With everyone paid, roster turnover, etc, that's just not the case anymore. That motivating factor of proving everyone wrong is gone. Now they're the favorites with a bunch of guys that are the highest paid at their position.

Don't kid your self. Our roster is still filled with players no one else wants. We have at least three of them starting on the offensive line. I do get what you mean about the chip though.

Seymour

Reaction score
Makes one wonder how Russells season may have gone had they not agreed on a deal this summer??