Which game will you be most interested in Sunday?

ivotuk

Reaction score
For me, it's the Rams (4 - 3) at Vikings (5 - 2) game (Fox at 09:00AM)

I've loved Todd Gurley since Georgia put him on kick off returns and he ran one back for a TD. I was impressed with him before that, but that showed a whole different side of his abilities.

I thought that I would hate it that he's on a division rival, but I think that's a good thing for the following reasons:

1. It makes our run defense better. You always want your division to be tough, because it makes your team tougher. The goal is to win SuperB Owls, and you don't win those if you're from a weak division.

2. I get to see Gurley twice a year.

3. It makes your secondary better because this guy breaks through the main line and makes long runs. If you're secondary doesn't have their act together, it's a touchdown.

4. It's better when other teams fear your division. And if you hold Todd Gurley to under 100 yards, those teams are going to fear you.

So I can't wait to see the Old Guard versus the New Guard. I expect Gurley to give Peterson respect. Either way, it will be fun to watch 2 of the best, 1 of which will be on the field most of the game. Double the fun!

And I like "Old School Football." Where they run the ball and put a great defense on the field. Who does that? 2 teams in the NFCW do.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1nuht3qe said:
Packers v. Panthers and Rams v. Vikes

:13:

Though Rams vs. Vikings interests me more, of course, because the Rams are a half game ahead of us in the division, and it's an opportunity to scout two future opponents.

I'm also curious to see how Teddy Bridgewater handles that Rams DL. He has a little Russell Wilson in him with his ability to elude the pressure and make plays. I will be rooting for the Vikings to win.

Atlanta@San Francisco and Denver@Indianapolis will be interesting for the schadenfreude.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am interested in Packers vs Panthers - it will be interesting to see if the Panthers can give Rodgers trouble like the Broncos did. Seahawks gave his some resistance when Bennett was jumping offsides but his performance last week was like the one last year against the Bills (though Nelson dropping that sure TD didn't help much).

Rams v Vikes since the Seahawks will be fighting both of these teams for playoff seeding if they cannot win the division.

Raiders v Steelers - The Raiders have a nice young team worth keeping an eye on. Looking to see how Ben progresses as he shakes the rust off. Steelers offense clicking by the time they get here is not something I look forward to, especially since Keith Butler seems to have that defense playing at a high level.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
drdiags":3f4aqds4 said:
Raiders v Steelers - The Raiders have a nice young team worth keeping an eye on. Looking to see how Ben progresses as he shakes the rust off. Steelers offense clicking by the time they get here is not something I look forward to, especially since Keith Butler seems to have that defense playing at a high level.

That's the 5th game I will be keeping an eye on.

:snack:

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
drdiags":1l4g2e8s said:
I am interested in Packers vs Panthers - it will be interesting to see if the Panthers can give Rodgers trouble like the Broncos did. Seahawks gave his some resistance when Bennett was jumping offsides but his performance last week was like the one last year against the Bills (though Nelson dropping that sure TD didn't help much).

Rams v Vikes since the Seahawks will be fighting both of these teams for playoff seeding if they cannot win the division.

Great points doc. I think Denver demonstrated just how important Jordy Nelson is to that Green Bay offense. Mike McCarthy was keeping it alive with smoke and mirrors, but the Denver Defense wasn't going to be fooled. It's like they peeled back the curtain and said "Look at this! There's nothing here!"

And Eddie Lacy isn't that great. Green Bay really needs to find a better running back or else it's always going to be on Rodger's arm.

I see us beating both the Rams and the Vikings so I see this game for entertainment value, and to see if the Vikes have any success slowing down Gurley.

Raiders will beat the Steelers. Without Leveon Bell, the steeler O will be handicapped and forced to throw. Kahlil Mack and Charles Woodson will feast on Pig Ben's errant throws. The Jets defense is legit, yet Oakland scored 34 points. I don't see Pittsbug holding Derek Carr back for long.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Why I think we root for the Rams to beat the Vikings:

1. We can beat the Rams and catch up to them. We need Minnesota to lose two games.

2. Minnesota is the only legitimate divisional opponent to have a chance to beat GB and if Caro beats GB, we need Minnie to beat GB. But Minnie has two games on us and we can only beat them once. So while GB knocking them off helps us, it also helps GB. Better the Rams help us instead, then we are closer to controlling our own destiny.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Top 3
1. St. Louis @ Minnesota (10:00 AM) - division rival, two future opponents, wild card race, Gurley vs. Peterson, Bridgewater vs. Donald, etc.

2. Green Bay @ Carolina (10:00 AM) - NFC No. 1 seed contenders.

3. Oakland @ Pittsburgh (10:00 AM) - two old thorns in our side, would love to see the Raiders (led by Ken Norton, Malcolm Smith, etc.) win again.

And the two schadenfreude games that should be blowouts:
Atlanta @ San Francisco (1:05 PM) - two words: Blaine Gabbert.
Denver @ Indianapolis (1:25 PM) - Peyton Manning in his 40s will still be better than Andrew Luck in his prime.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I am always interested in games that help the Seahawks in the standings. Cowboys handing Eagles a loss might help keep Eagles down in the wild card picture. While we need to catch Rams, we also need Vikings to stumble in case we are playing for wild card spot, so Rams over Vikings. Not sure about Packers and Panthers. Both teams defeated us and are headed towards winning their respective divisions.

GO HAWKS!!!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Keyhawk":1q3ht4ta said:
I am always interested in games that help the Seahawks in the standings. Cowboys handing Eagles a loss might help keep Eagles down in the wild card picture. While we need to catch Rams, we also need Vikings to stumble in case we are playing for wild card spot, so Rams over Vikings. Not sure about Packers and Panthers. Both teams defeated us and are headed towards winning their respective divisions.

GO HAWKS!!!

I always preference winning the division over gaining a wild card spot, especially this early in the season. Rams could become very dangerous in the division if their defense continues playing at an elite level and they establish a dominant running game with Gurley. Especially since they already own a share of the head to head against both the Seahawks and Cardinals.

After Sunday, Rams play just three more games against teams with at least a .500 record. The Seahawks have five such games remaining, and the Cardinals have six.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Are the Sounders still playing?

JK. I'll be watching the Vikings with my purple-hearted peeps, but I'm not really clear as to who I should be rooting for. The Vikings losing would enhance our chances of that sixth wild card spot, especially since we play them in December (I'll be there), but it's always nice to see a division rival lose. A loss by the Rams would drop them to the same record as us and we get to play them too. SalishHawkFan says pull for the Rams, so I think that's what I'll do.
Ah hell, I'll probably just get drunk and not care.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":181n9rsg said:
Keyhawk":181n9rsg said:

GO HAWKS!!!

I always preference winning the division over gaining a wild card spot, especially this early in the season. Rams could become very dangerous in the division if their defense continues playing at an elite level and they establish a dominant running game with Gurley. Especially since they already own a share of the head to head against both the Seahawks and Cardinals.

After Sunday, Rams play just three more games against teams with at least a .500 record. The Seahawks have five such games remaining, and the Cardinals have six.

Good point. Rams losing to Vikings helps us for sure in the chase for the division, so yes, I would be OK with a Vikings win.

marko358

Reaction score
Rooting for Panthers over Packers. Would rather go to Charlotte in January over Lambeau Field.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Bye week gives me a chance to enjoy some football without an elevated heart rate. :)

I will be rooting for MN to beat STL for obvious reasons.

I also won't be surprised if the Panthers beat the Packers today. The Packers haven't beat a team that finished with a winning record on the road since the end of 2012 and I heard somewhere yesterday that Aaron hasn't lost back to back games since 2010 or something like that. Something has to give.

Happy Sunday.