Lockette has Surgery to repair ligament damage

TLD0550

Reaction score
anyone else hear he has a disk issue? I've seen tweets of clearing tests for a concussion, and just having a sore neck!? Regardless get well soon 83.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Sherms mom posted prayers for HIS SURGERY. She wouldn't reply when we asked WHAT surgery.

Rocket

Reaction score
allegedly a herniated disc... yuck.
Allegedly from Momma Sherman's Facebook page, so I'm as credible as most sports bloggers.

King Dog

Reaction score
Seems odd to me that he would have surgery in Dallas instead of back in Seattle with doctors the Hawks trust.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
King Dog":27gierz1 said:
Seems odd to me that he would have surgery in Dallas instead of back in Seattle with doctors the Hawks trust.
If it is a back problem then transporting him back to Seattle might have made things worse. I am sure the Cowboys have doctors locally that they go to. Maybe even the same doctor Romo went to.

In the end this is all speculation (but fun to do).

ringless

Reaction score
I really hope everything works out well for the guy.

That was one of the most unsettling injuries I have ever seen in football. When you are no longer in your body, and appear to be out for as long as he was you realize it's all for a game and entertainment. But that person has a life to live, and a family that is watching and unable to do anything to help. His life is likely forever changed. Mentally and physically that hit has and will have an impact in some way on his life everyday.

I shed a few tears because it was such a sad moment. I was even more upset that the replay was shown several times.

I hope that he can recover from this all. I hope he reconsiders playing football because of the seriousness of that specific injury and knowing what could happen moving forward if it happened again. I am so happy to hear that he has full function of his body parts. A lucky man in that sense

Basis4day

Reaction score
King Dog":vmjfg5nu said:

He shouldn't be flying.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A herniated disk, if true, would put him out for the rest of the season. Unfortunately, I am an expert on back surgery, having had 4 of them. An X-Ray of my spine looks like a horror show. But they can do wonders now and for someone young and as in good as shape as Ricardo is, I would expect to see him back next season, blowing people up in revenge for missing time :D

But then again, it may be nothing. LIstening last night I heard that the "scans were negative" on his spine. So it could be something minor.

sutz

Reaction score
Scary weird. I remember thinking the original hit didn't look that bad, the kind you see most every game.

But when he hit the ground and just lay there motionless, that was scary. Was good to see him moving his extremities as they carted him off. Hope all is well with him for the long run.

gcolby

Reaction score
Contrary to what Heath said post game "it was an unfortunate bang-bang play" he had Lockett lined up targeted and had ALL DAY to lay a big clean hit on the numbers but he chose to go head shot. If NFL does not levy a big fine its total BS just like its BS catch rules.

When Chancellor blows guys up its at the numbers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't know, but that sure looked like that play was set up to take Ricardo out. One guy is coming out of nowhere, across the field aimed at Ricardo, the other guy is holding him up, and right before the "Torpedo" gets there, he pushes Ricardo in that direction then hauls ass out of the picture.

I could be wrong, but it sure looked that way.

God Bless you Ricardo Lockette, speedy recovery!

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Not to sound callous, but if Lockette will be out for several weeks, it would make sense for the Hawks to IR him and have Richardson take his roster spot as they need to drop someone anyway to put Richardson on the roster. Plus, if there is any back complications, better to let Lockette recover.

Exittium

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":8exgtjxx said:
Not to sound callous, but if Lockette will be out for several weeks, it would make sense for the Hawks to IR him and have Richardson take his roster spot as they need to drop someone anyway to put Richardson on the roster. Plus, if there is any back complications, better to let Lockette recover.

In all honesty after yesterday I almost think that would be the best thing they could do.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/661235922592120832[/tweet]

Exittium

Reaction score
Guess they wont have to do anything for Richardson then. Its a shame, but its part of the job and I hope the Kid gets better and comes back even better. In the mean time Next Man Up!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Dang. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Special Teams takes a major hit too. Lockette is an important piece of that group and he has a lot of friends in that locker room. He's going to be missed.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ae37ac8e6c6c795fd508ec7c688a74af.jpg

Exittium

Reaction score
Their asses better be playing with bigger chips and fire now.

Latest posts