Lockette has Surgery to repair ligament damage

pmedic920

Reaction score
So, in the video, PC mentions ligament AND "a disk issusue".

I refuse to speculate any further at this point. It's painfully obvious we just don't know what's going on, other than there does not appear to be any spinal cord involvement. That's a good thing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if anything hopefully the team can use this is as a motivator to win some games for their teammate

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3huclwn5 said:
into his 5th hour of surgery.. Fingers crossed..

Gregg Bell ‏@gbellseattle · 8m8 minutes ago  Renton, WA
Video: #Seahawks coach Pete Carroll detailing Ricardo Lockette's neck surgery in Dallas, going on its 5th hour https://youtu.be/j04wi-vwhlQ
Wow, 5 hours of surgery...... Yikes :(

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lukerguy":jbl7zdte said:
The golden tate hit made no contact whatsoever to his head. This made direct impact from shoulder to head...
As you avatar pic shows this. Thanks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Via the Seahawk app, sounds like he's out of surgery and things went as expected.
Also says that both Lynch and Okung stayed behind in Dallas to be with with him and offer support.

irocdave

Reaction score
Dallas fans are upset about the flag, but as mentioned, the block on RC was very similar to the one Tate put on Lee a couple years ago. Just because Lee was so focused on RW doesn't excuse him from not looking around, I think both "blocks" were legal. It appeared to me RC saw Heath at the last second and new he was going to get lit up and ducked his head. That's a natural reaction BTW. I played HS football in California against some of the better teams in the state. I loved playing on the kick off team because you could lay guys out with well timed shoulder or crown of the helmet shots as they were running full speed. As a blocker you get a second to see, react and most importantly, plant your feet and launch in to the wood be tackler. Same goes for playing D line, I knocked out a couple of fullbacks and a running back by putting the crown (right above the face mask) of my helmet right in their face mask in the hole.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Smellyman":1hbv8sie said:
I will just wait to hear from actual doctors

he probably got operated on by the best available surgeon so that will help...in Canada in the public system you can end up with a real hackjob and wait 2 years to get operated on...

HansGruber

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":27jsw6a4 said:
King Dog":27jsw6a4 said:
Seems odd to me that he would have surgery in Dallas instead of back in Seattle with doctors the Hawks trust.
If it is a back problem then transporting him back to Seattle might have made things worse. I am sure the Cowboys have doctors locally that they go to. Maybe even the same doctor Romo went to.

In the end this is all speculation (but fun to do).
Yes.

And he's at Baylor in Dallas. Why fly back? Some of the world's best in that hospital network, he's in good hands.

pmedic920

Reaction score
HansGruber":3twe13kd said:
And he's at Baylor in Dallas. Why fly back? Some of the world's best in that hospital network, he's in good hands.

I agree 100% that he's in good hands. Was going to mention the Baylor system myself but figured the Texas Haters would start spouting off.
Glad to see that you recognize that they are a good system and provide top notch care.

olyfan63

Reaction score
To me it looked like Lockette was grabbing his hamstring a couple steps before the hit, like he'd pulled a hammie.
Nothing I've seen has mentioned this. It's kind of like how Jeron Johnson blew his ACL and couldn't land properly, in extreme pain, and tried to break his fall with his arm, with disastrous results for his arm.

I've been wondering if Lockette pulled a hamstring, and was starting to pull up just a little bit, distracted by the pain, unable to brace for the blow with his legs, and got lit up as a 1-legged player, leading to being far more the "hittee" than the "hitter", leading to the injury.

Did anyone else see Lockette grab his hamstring before the hit, or is there some other explanation for that grabbing movement?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Just got released from hospital.

Here is the pic from above if you can't see it on your phone.

f99d171ae6f5090a14a38283f2d1c196.jpg

OP
OP
T

TLD0550

Reaction score
Great news!

I worried about the guy after watching his lifeless body on the turf at jerrys place!!

NYCoug

Reaction score
I honestly feel that Lockette's injury will be the turning point to the season.

He goes down as a warrior, a martyr who went down for the cause for the rest of his band of brothers. He's well-liked by his teammates because of his willingness to do the grimier things required in the game, like his blocking during the Marshawn Beast Quake 2 in Zona last year, and his great player as a gunner for this team for a little while now, as well as his outgoing personality and his trash-talking ways. So when one of the more well-liked guys on the team goes down with a serious neck injury, in a year in which he's shown great resiliency to still be a positive, outgoing person despite the final offensive play of the Super Bowl earlier this year... you have yourselves a new reason to go out and win the Super Bowl. I'm sure there are still players in that locker room who harbor resentments toward the coaching staff after XLIX who probably don't care as much about winning a ring for this staff, but hopefully this unifies all of the players in putting that stuff aside and just doing it for Ricardo.

I also have some opinions on how Ricardo's injury affects the Seahawks on the field, but that's not what this thread is about, so I'll keep those opinions to myself. Glad for him and his family that he made it out ok. It didn't look good for a minute there.