Praying for Lockette and his family

DJrmb

Reaction score
I know a lot of you are probably already on this in the game day thread but I also wanted to post here for those of us that aren't on there. I am praying for Lockette and his family. I hope he is well and makes a fast recovery, not for the Seahawks but for himself and for his family. I could only imagine if my child was injured like that playing a sport and not responsive for so long. I'd be a mess.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Good news. Ed Werder reports that he has no spine issues- walking and moving well. Has a concussion and will go through concussion protocol. Looks like best case scenario from what we originally saw.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glad he's got full movement. That one sure looked scary. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Rflagg

Reaction score
lukerguy":1ikoek3r said:
Good news. Ed Werder reports that he has no spine issues- walking and moving well. Has a concussion and will go through concussion protocol. Looks like best case scenario from what we originally saw.
Thank God that was scary as heck.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
hgwellz12":ijwd8pll said:
Werd.
I have a son on the way and it's looking like baseball (yuck) if he's athletic.

Wrestling. Toughest sport he will ever participate in but teaches many life lessons. Humility, hard work/rewards, discipline.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
That was just difficult to watch. Helmet to helmet hit. He wasn't moving for long time. Some of the reports during the game mentioned that he may just have a concussion. If so, thank God it wasn't worse. Thoughts and prayers to Lockette and his family.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
don't pray but hope he is okay...Be surprised to se him back again this year but you never know!

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/660986830909640704[/tweet]

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Thoughts are with Lockette of course, but I am really disappointed with a number of the Cowboys team for starting s@#@ while Lockette was being put on a stretcher! Dez Bryant on the sidelines running his mouth the whole time! Sickening!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness it wasn't anything too serious. We all hope he can make a nice recovery. Our prayers do go out to him and his family.

On a side note, idk if Dez Bryant was mouthing off to him when he was down, but it sure looked that way

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3m03lahi said:
Thoughts are with Lockette of course, but I am really disappointed with a number of the Cowboys team for starting s@#@ while Lockette was being put on a stretcher! Dez Bryant on the sidelines running his mouth the whole time! Sickening!

To be fair, I think Bryant was questioning one of our hot heads about trying to start stuff when we had a guy knocked out on the turf. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought I saw.

potatohead

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":5odefiry said:

Not trying to defend Bryant but you have no idea what he was talking about. He could have been telling one of his teammates to cut it out. I thought Dallas handled the whole thing pretty well, they even had Cassell take a knee the last play, they certainly didn't have to.

drdiags

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":oeqzydpw said:

Would be interesting to find out why Dez responded like he did. It could have been that the Boys felt it was payback for the Lee hit by Tate. I thought it was a clean hit looking at the replay, Lockette seemed to pull a hammy right before getting light up. He saw the guy coming and looked to have lowered his head.

Anyway, glad to hear Lockette is moving his limbs and hopefully the concussion can be recovered from soon. I think it all was heat of the moment. Our guys got emotional after the hit but many of the Cowboys players remember the Tate hit. I say give them a pass, but that is just me. Doesn't make it right but grudges can go a long time. Cowboys have played the Seahawks tough since that game when Lee got his lights turned off.