Just believe.

Rob12

Reaction score
I had a moment of clarity today, and it hit me like a truck.

This team has given me two straight Owl appearances, and won one. We were the better team last year, but we gave it away.

My faith in this team has somehow wavered this season. At 2-4, it's easy to see why. Most everyone is writing us off. We've led in the fourth quarter in all six games, and have given wins away. It's not pretty, and this season may end up being quite the letdown.

But the worst part of this season for me was being at the Carolina game and hearing the boo birds at CenturyLink. That was probably the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Seattle sports fan. We lost, we gave it up, and it sucked. But hearing the boos really struck a bad nerve with me, and for the first time in a very long time, I was absolutely ashamed. I can't imagine what the players felt hearing the "12's" boo their team, rather than getting rabid and cheering them in the worst of times.

Sherman was asked why fans shouldn't panic about the team's 2-4 start.

"Because we know who we are," he said. "Obviously they don't if they're concerned. Sometimes you've got to treat the fans and some of the critics just the same because they don't know any better. They see what they see. They hear what they hear, and sometimes it's easy to pass judgment.

"It's no problem with being concerned and things like that, but if all is lost for them, they're probably the only ones giving up faith. The guys in this building feel the same way as they always have."

Dick Sherman, rightfully calling us out.

How did we get so weak? So the team is struggling, so what? Do we really think this team is sunk? This group of guys, that strives on being the underdogs? Do we really think they can't win eight of the next 10, or win out completely? In my heart of hearts, I believe that that is exactly what they will do.

But booing? If anyone here at .NET let out a boo last Sunday, you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not a better fan than you, and this isn't what this is about. But if you booed this group of players, you should be ashamed of yourself. They don't deserve that.

Why don't we know who these guys are? Backs against the wall. Earl and Sherm say that's right where they need to be. I'm with Tical in the belief that this playoff run that will transpire the rest of the way will be epic. And if it doesn't end with a celebration in Santa Clara in February, so what? But I am fully expecting that to still happen, because I believe in the Seahawks and what they can accomplish.

Believe, have faith. Let this team find themselves again.

We're winning this week. And the week after. And the week after that.

SEA...

Don't give up hope. This is still the most talented roster in the NFL. And they're backed into a corner now. And the rest of the NFL should be scared ********.

Go Hawks.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
I love Richard Sherman for calling out the 12's.

I really do. Best part of my day.

Embarrassing, but at the same time great.

They've got something to prove now and I love that about this team.

Gear up for a wild ride.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":k0dtkt6c said:
lol go find a woman

Happily married with three young sons, all Hawk fans.

Thanks though, Chief. Nice addition to the thread.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
He knows what a lot of us see. They are having a tough time and can get through it with playing with fire and correcting some mistakes. This season is far from over and Seattle has the talent to do it. Now they just need to.

If people want to give up, let them. It's their prerogative.
However, these are the ones that are being called out. Good for him.

No one is saying not to have opinions about your team. Just don't give up until there is no other option. I don't care if people say that whatever I think has no outcome on games. I am sending positive energy to SC this week!! I even broke out my Superbowl Tatupu jersey I haven't worn since the 2010 NO playoff game!!

GO HAWKS!!

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":25zgzn0y said:
He knows what a lot of us see. They are having a tough time and can get through it with playing with fire and correcting some mistakes. This season is far from over and Seattle has the talent to do it. Now they just need to.

If people want to give up, let them. It's their prerogative.
However, these are the ones that are being called out. Good for him.

No one is saying not to have opinions about your team. Just don't give up until there is no other option. I don't care if people say that whatever I think has no outcome on games. I am sending positive energy to SC this week!! I even broke out my Superbowl Tatupu jersey I haven't worn since the 2010 NO playoff game!!

GO HAWKS!!

I love that he's calling the 12's out. He's questioning their intelligence, and he's in full on 'you're like everyone else' mode.

Those boos really were pathetic.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Rob12":2xzefkxa said:
ilikedlargent":2xzefkxa said:
lol go find a woman

That makes this a much sadder circumstance actually.
Why are writing love letters to twenty something jocks that will never read this and don't care about your existence?

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3lddohxx said:
Rob12":3lddohxx said:
ilikedlargent":3lddohxx said:
lol go find a woman

Why are writing love letters to twenty something jocks that will never read this and don't care about your existence?

I'm not writing this to them. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I take it.

Thank you for adding nothing.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I like the post Rob12. So you now believe the team can get past the "fractured" locker room you wrote about yesterday?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":7azt3mt5 said:
Rob12":7azt3mt5 said:
ilikedlargent":7azt3mt5 said:
lol go find a woman

I know you are new around here and may be trying to figure our this fan forum thing... but this is like the third kind of these posts I have seen from you. Are you going to provide substance at some point? Anything to do with football or the games?

This is a fan forum. Fan is short for fanatic. We don't need the philosophical life coach psychobabble, dude. Chill. People are passionate about the Seahawks, which should have been obvious when you registered for a forum called SEAHAWKS.NET. I know, weird.

If you want to espouse about the dangers of being infatuated with professional athletes, I'm sure there are plenty of places where people might be interested in hearing your two cents about it. That isn't here.

The main forum is for talking about the Seahawks, not about your hang-ups with other fans who follow them.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sherman callin out the fans? Callin us ignorant?

All we know is what we see and we see him not playing well.

He needs to thickin his skin.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I didn't take offense to what he said and liked it as well.

Seahawks will start their roll this week. Excited for the rest of the season.

beasthawk

Reaction score
Eh, people can boo without being ashamed, extreme emotions are all part of the passion. Shortly after the boo birds will be cheering like a crazy person. This thread is a bit cringey,no need to shame anyone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty sure people were booing the play calling.

The only time I saw booing was it was the fourth quarter, the offense had the ball and we had just done a 3 and out with some pretty uninspired playcalling. There was a complete lack of urgency on the part of the team, which had just blown leads, and here was the offense, blithely punting the ball back to the Panthers so they can catch up or take the lead.

Frankly, it was a boo worthy moment.

I think most of that was directed at the game management and calling, the player were just on the field. Not sure I saw a whole lot of booing of individual players but maybe I missed something.

It should be noted, however, that getting Lynch back means we can score TDs at the goal line. Without Lynch we would get right up to the goal line to squander the next set of downs and kick the FG. Our offense and QB were only scoring a single TD in per game, but for one game. Having Lynch back gave us the ability to punch it in once inside the 10.

I think the ability to turn FGs into TDs is going to be big for this team, and is being overlooked a bit. Lynch might be 'slower' but he still has his nose for the goal line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rob12":1ph7ymo0 said:
Embarrassing, but at the same time great.

Why are you embarrassed?

It's Sherman who should be embarrassed. He's garbage right now, and isn't playing anywhere near his shut down top 2 paid CB salary.

That's the beauty of being a fan, we can tell the objective truth. We don't have to toe the company line or puke up cliche after cliche to the media acting like nothing's wrong.

Sorry Richard, something's wrong...........and it's you.

Boycie

Reaction score
Rob12":1tguh9kc said:
I had a moment of clarity today, and it hit me like a truck.

This team has given me two straight Owl appearances, and won one. We were the better team last year, but we gave it away.

My faith in this team has somehow wavered this season. At 2-4, it's easy to see why. Most everyone is writing us off. We've led in the fourth quarter in all six games, and have given wins away. It's not pretty, and this season may end up being quite the letdown.

But the worst part of this season for me was being at the Carolina game and hearing the boo birds at CenturyLink. That was probably the most embarrassed I've ever been as a Seattle sports fan. We lost, we gave it up, and it sucked. But hearing the boos really struck a bad nerve with me, and for the first time in a very long time, I was absolutely ashamed. I can't imagine what the players felt hearing the "12's" boo their team, rather than getting rabid and cheering them in the worst of times.

Sherman was asked why fans shouldn't panic about the team's 2-4 start.

"Because we know who we are," he said. "Obviously they don't if they're concerned. Sometimes you've got to treat the fans and some of the critics just the same because they don't know any better. They see what they see. They hear what they hear, and sometimes it's easy to pass judgment.

"It's no problem with being concerned and things like that, but if all is lost for them, they're probably the only ones giving up faith. The guys in this building feel the same way as they always have."

Dick Sherman, rightfully calling us out.

How did we get so weak? So the team is struggling, so what? Do we really think this team is sunk? This group of guys, that strives on being the underdogs? Do we really think they can't win eight of the next 10, or win out completely? In my heart of hearts, I believe that that is exactly what they will do.

But booing? If anyone here at .NET let out a boo last Sunday, you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm not a better fan than you, and this isn't what this is about. But if you booed this group of players, you should be ashamed of yourself. They don't deserve that.

Why don't we know who these guys are? Backs against the wall. Earl and Sherm say that's right where they need to be. I'm with Tical in the belief that this playoff run that will transpire the rest of the way will be epic. And if it doesn't end with a celebration in Santa Clara in February, so what? But I am fully expecting that to still happen, because I believe in the Seahawks and what they can accomplish.

Believe, have faith. Let this team find themselves again.

We're winning this week. And the week after. And the week after that.

SEA...

Don't give up hope. This is still the most talented roster in the NFL. And they're backed into a corner now. And the rest of the NFL should be scared ********.

Go Hawks.

This group of guys, that strives on being the underdogs? That is the problem. These guys aren't the underdogs anymore. They have climbed the mountain, got to the top, and are not as hungry as they were. It's human nature. Maybe getting boo'd will give them that slighted feeling again, and they can get back to the "us against the world" mentality.

edogg23

Reaction score
Do you think the crowd should cheer and hand out participation trophies to the team? I mean come on Sherman has 0 picks this year, maybe he should realize their play on the field is nothing to be proud of right now and if they were bringing their A game, there would be no boos to be heard.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Kearly said it best. Seattle fans are really passionate.

So, do you want fans that sit on their hands and don't give you a home field advantage to be proud of? (Hello San Fransisco!). If fans are that passionate, some of them are going to voice their displeasure.

It's not like this has happened one game. People have been disgruntled with the play calling going back to last year. This is consistent and frustrating.

You have to take the good with the bad, it's not exactly how you want it all the time. Fans are going to be loud. Sometimes, their loud about being negative.