12-4? Not This Year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Something is seriously wrong with this team. It's not effort. There was effort. There were a lot of good plays on both sides of the ball, but what is it about the 4th quarter AND A LEAD where we are not finishing teams out???

It's one thing to give up leads in the 4th and lose on the road but at home? Our sacred space??

Clearly I underestimated just how fired up the Panthers were for this game. They treated this game no less than if it were in February for all the marbles. Maybe that was the difference? We didn't quite match their intensity? I don't know, this one is the hardest to swallow for me. You're up 20-7 and lose any ways. This seems to be the team's calling card this year.

Really disappointed in this team in how they are not capable of closing out games with a lead this year.

Is it a lack of mental toughness? I don't believe so. They LOOK like the champions we've known and loved over the past few years for the most part but the lack of finishing is so uncharacteristic of this team I almost think it's like some carry over curse from XLIX.

If any team is capable of rebounding and make the playoffs at 2-4 it's this team but man, the window of opportunity is ever closing by the second.

smerfy01

Reaction score
can we talk about what's killing our defense? i'll give you a hint: cary williams. count how many times he gives up a 3rd down or a big play in this game. it's been happening most of the season. it's a free play most of the time against him because he's just unable to cover people properly.

our o-line was trash, again, in the 4th quarter. we never have hot reads over the middle when we think they're gonna blitz.

we are killing ourselves with our personnel. williams and britt are the worst of the worst on both sides of the ball and if anyone needs to go it's them.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
This is a result of years of neglecting the offensive line. the past couple of years the deficiencies up front have been masked and minimized by Wilson's creativity and Marshawn's toughness. Now, though, teams have figure out how to defend Wilson's sandlot game and Marshawn is slowing down. The deficiencies up front are exposed for all to see. This is further compounded by a drop in quality on the defensive side of the ball. When the defense was playing on another level, they masked a lot of the problems. Now that they're merely average the faults are obvious. The double loss of Quinn and Norton, Jr. have really messed up the chemistry and cohesiveness of the defense.

Bottom line is this team simply isn't as good as it's been the first three seasons of the Wilson Era. A total collapse isn't the worst thing, though. If this team finishes with double digit losses and a top 10 draft pick, Carroll and Schneider will have no choice but to acknowledge the issues and address them.

White Devil

Reaction score
Right now teams are playing better at Seahawks football. This team used to thrive in the clutch situations on both sides of the ball. Now the opponents are better for the long fight. Since 2012 this team has been beating their opponents mentally and physically the entire game. They're not hitting that same level, or the level has been raised and they (so far) haven't been able to match that.

Richard has brought back the problems with getting the defense off the field on 3rd and long situations. Something that Quinn rectified when replacing Bradley calling the defense down the stretch before him.

The blame for this game falls equally on both sides of the ball.

When the offense needed to grind out a win with the ground game they fell flat. That's what has changed. Lynch is met at the line of scrimmage on almost every run. If he isn't, it's because Okung held somebody.

Gonna be a long season. But in truth, maybe that's what these guys need. Remember they haven't had a full offseason in a couple of years.

Keep fighting.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Listening to the players post game I am optimistic that they will continue to battle and at some point we will start finishing these games out. Thankfully the Cardinals lost today so we are only 2 games out of first place and we have yet to face each other yet. The players know this and you damn well know there is no quit in this football team.

The problem isn't being blown out by our opponents. The problem is we are not imposing our will for all 4 quarters, for whatever reason. The talent is still there. We talk about this being a game of inches and it is so true. A play here, a play there, and we are 4-2 not 2-4.

If we lose to the (suddenly better than expected) 49ers Thursday night, then I would say it's time to look to next season.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":3vwbtcm6 said:
Listening to the players post game I am optimistic that they will continue to battle and at some point we will start finishing these games out. Thankfully the Cardinals lost today so we are only 2 games out of first place and we have yet to face each other yet. The players know this and you damn well know there is no quit in this football team.

The problem isn't being blown out by our opponents. The problem is we are not imposing our will for all 4 quarters, for whatever reason. The talent is still there. We talk about this being a game of inches and it is so true. A play here, a play there, and we are 4-2 not 2-4.

If we lose to the (suddenly better than expected) 49ers Thursday night, then I would say it's time to look to next season.

Love the optimism man, but this team is a batted ball away from being 1-5 with two losses coming at home where we were once invincible.

We've also blown.. in order:

XLIX - 24-14 lead
Week 1 - 31-24 lead (under 4 mins to go)
Week 2 - 17-13 lead (this one, I don't fully blame the defense as Rodgers is Rodgers)
Week 4- 13-3 lead (probably should have gave up a 90 yard drive if not for Batgate)
Week 5- 24-7 lead
Today - 23-14 lead

There's something very alarming going on. The 2013/2014 Seahawks smother these teams into submission, this years team lets them come back and win.

Exittium

Reaction score
I think the Kam hold out mentally screwed the Defense. the LOB isnt so "bortherly" now. Kam cares about Kam, and I think it pissed Earl and Sherm off. And i think it messes with how the play because now they don't know if they cant trust Kam or not. So they overthink plays or under think them.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":16ihxvhe said:

no way we lose to the 49ers. We win the Thursday game get so momentum. Hopefully the other three teams keep on losing in the west and we can sneak into the lead.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3novqjbo said:
This is a result of years of neglecting the offensive line. the past couple of years the deficiencies up front have been masked and minimized by Wilson's creativity and Marshawn's toughness. Now, though, teams have figure out how to defend Wilson's sandlot game and Marshawn is slowing down. The deficiencies up front are exposed for all to see. This is further compounded by a drop in quality on the defensive side of the ball. When the defense was playing on another level, they masked a lot of the problems. Now that they're merely average the faults are obvious. The double loss of Quinn and Norton, Jr. have really messed up the chemistry and cohesiveness of the defense.

Bottom line is this team simply isn't as good as it's been the first three seasons of the Wilson Era. A total collapse isn't the worst thing, though. If this team finishes with double digit losses and a top 10 draft pick, Carroll and Schneider will have no choice but to acknowledge the issues and address them.

I wouldn't mind the bold happening, changes need to be made.

A long time coming now.

marko358

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3bowmawc said:
SeatownJay":3bowmawc said:

I wouldn't mind the bold happening, changes need to be made.

A long time coming now.
Also get a much easier schedule next year.

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeah Pete needs a strong signal this cute crap on the OL was a pipe dream.

Rocket

Reaction score
Rocket":1dflu0du said:
Bigpumpkin":1dflu0du said:
Lose to the Niners....surely you jest.
That'd make me puke up blood.
Really. It would.
Please no.

If we lose to the ninnies we should then Suck for Luck, or whomever the best O-line kid is.

But... please, no.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/655898542209282048[/tweet]

Latest posts