Kind of funny (Rodgers and Wilson 2015)

Laloosh

Reaction score
YTuYdTy

http://pfref.com/tiny/VgcWC

Don't go reading anything into this. I just thought it was wildly unexpected and funny.

Here is what they're doing on 3rd down. Something that I thought would read like a Russell Wilson obituary.

MKAmfLO

1st down they look very similar as well. Where does Russell fall off pretty big in the passing game (aside from the red zone)? 2nd down. Russell's attempts, completion percentage, etc look fine but his Y/A drop off significantly on 2nd down. Might have to spend some time on this one looking at the all 22 next week.

9PStwdK

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
What exactly are we supposed to be taking note of? Some stats are similar, some stats aren't?

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":3g3ycho3 said:
What exactly are we supposed to be taking note of? Some stats are similar, some stats aren't?

Thatguy1

Don't be that guy. It's just a thread, man... Pretty obvious what I was saying.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Laloosh":32zubsgh said:
SeaToTheHawks":32zubsgh said:

Thatguy1

Don't be that guy. It's just a thread, man... Pretty obvious what I was saying.

Uh, no, it wasn't. Your post didn't have all the extra stuff at first, just the top photo, which didn't really show much other than the fact that some stats are similar and some aren't. Thus, I asked.

Rocket

Reaction score
I believe that this post will go down as one of the true gems of the 2015-2016 season.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Rocket":vlo2zjkh said:
I believe that this post will go down as one of the true gems of the 2015-2016 season.

And people being assholes, just for the sake of being assholes is why people don't put any effort into the site any longer. Can put me in the category of people who used to post here.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Laloosh":17rgjbkh said:
Rocket":17rgjbkh said:

And people being assholes, just for the sake of being assholes is why people don't put any effort into the site any longer. Can put me in the category of people who used to post here.

You put two players' stats side by side and said it was wildly unexpected and funny....and that's it, no elaboration...so I asked what we were supposed to be seeing in that.

randomation

Reaction score
The comp and yds are similar and third down is almost the exact same. The biggest difference appears to be the packers are taking successful shots deep on second down since that is where the difference in tds/picks must come from. Or alternatively the packers are simply more successful at converting in the redzone. Given how many people have been complaining about Russ though the similarities are interesting.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Thanks Op. Some peeps cant think for themselves. Very interesting.

Once the O-Line gets better Wilson will take less Sacks and TDs will go up especially when we can hit the long ball on a regular basis.

Graham and Wilson will likely be in more sync by seasons end.

Wilson sans his $B is outplaying his 7m 2015 salary for the most part.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":2d0nk3ro said:
Laloosh":2d0nk3ro said:
Rocket":2d0nk3ro said:

You put two players' stats side by side and said it was wildly unexpected and funny....and that's it, no elaboration...so I asked what we were supposed to be seeing in that.
It's not his fault that he has to explain everything to you. Put some effort into it.

I'm surprised by what he posted. And do find it funny as well.

And no, I won't explain it to you. Think.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The sack rate is the key stat, and that is a QB stat as much as an OL stat.

Some of that is on Wilson (but not entirely -- his OL does suck). Rodgers maintains better efficiency while getting the ball out of his hands. That's what makes him better.

I don't think Wilson's efficiency numbers stay the same if he actually starts throwing away balls on bad plays. Some of his numbers are preserved by him taking negative plays when he probably shouldn't. I would prefer him to have a Cam Newton type stat line if that meant he was actually making plays like Newton has been (albeit against lesser competition).

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
This reminded me about how most fans and pundits alike say Wison is a game manager and Luck is the next almighty. While I haven't looked in a while but the eye rolls I would get when I would tell people Wilsons overall #s were better than Luck's.

Rob12

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks,

You're why we can't have nice things around here. I knew exactly what Laloosh was doing here. Don't be so dense.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Rob12":3skhete0 said:
SeaToTheHawks,

You're why we can't have nice things around here. I knew exactly what Laloosh was doing here. Don't be so dense.

Never knew people could be so easily offended by a question.

I honestly don't know what he was posting at first. It was just the top photo at first and there was literally no elaboration. So, I asked, what we were supposed to be looking at. Pretty simple.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I must admit I am surprised at the similarities. The big difference seems to be 2nd downs, TD and sacks comparison.

titan3131

Reaction score
Do you have the ability to compare their 4th quarter stats this year? I would love to see those.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Makes me wonder what Russ could do in that offense behind their line.

DHawk

Reaction score
Pretty funny if you ask me. I think most of us get it and appreciate your posts, Laloosh.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wow. Unexpectedly similar. I would like to see their total yards compared side by side, inclusive of negative plays.
Fwiw, Loosh, you're one of the reasons I still visit this site daily.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":29fb1c5r said:
The sack rate is the key stat, and that is a QB stat as much as an OL stat.

Some of that is on Wilson (but not entirely -- his OL does suck). Rodgers maintains better efficiency while getting the ball out of his hands. That's what makes him better.

Completely agree. That's why I was surprised to see that Wilson's sack rate on 3rd down is nearly the same as Rodgers.

The only explaination I can think of is that teams are more afraid of Wilson running on 3rd down than on previous downs and it might be impacting how they rush the passer.

Latest posts