Kind of funny (Rodgers and Wilson 2015)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ARhawk":2788uzzv said:
Makes me wonder what Russ could do in that offense behind their line.

Would also be interesting to see what our line looks like with a quick throwing guy like Rodgers behind center.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kearly":99ikoo6d said:
DavidSeven":99ikoo6d said:
The sack rate is the key stat, and that is a QB stat as much as an OL stat.

Some of that is on Wilson (but not entirely -- his OL does suck). Rodgers maintains better efficiency while getting the ball out of his hands. That's what makes him better.

Completely agree. That's why I was surprised to see that Wilson's sack rate on 3rd down is nearly the same as Rodgers.

The only explaination I can think of is that teams are more afraid of Wilson running on 3rd down than on previous downs and it might be impacting how they rush the passer.

It could also be that Russell is given room to run on 3rd-and-long but gets tackled short if he tries. Just theorizing though. Not sure if removing those type of plays would have a meaningful impact on the numbers or not.

And in regard to the post above, I agree that the poor performance of the OL is making it extremely difficult to judge Wilson's play this year. Even when they are protecting him okay, it seems Russell understandably has some happy feet due to the hits he's already taken. But the overall sack rate certainly shows you why SEA's offense doesn't really look anything like GB's offense despite similar efficiency on passes thrown.

ARhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":14pcvmxk said:
ARhawk":14pcvmxk said:
Makes me wonder what Russ could do in that offense behind their line.

Would also be interesting to see what our line looks like with a quick throwing guy like Rodgers behind center.
That too

LymonHawk

Reaction score
IMO: This shows why stats are misleading, compared to what is actually happening. But here's a stat that is the only one that counts; 2-3 v. 5-0.

If anyone has watched the two of them this year and still believe RW is AR's equal...clean your tinted glasses.

Hmmm...might as well throw in another stat: AR's sex life +1, RW's sex life, 0. :stirthepot: