So the Hawks aren't great, but the NFC isn't either

FLhawkfan

Reaction score
No doubt the Hawks are having a down year, but so is the rest of the NFC (Green Bay excepted). NFC teams with a better record than us:

Packers, Falcons: 5-0
Panthers: 4-0
Cards: 4-1
Giants: 3-2

I still feel good about our playoff chances.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
We could still very well make the play offs, but we can only lose 2-3 more games and the way we have been playing that's going to be difficult.

justafan

Reaction score
There is a lot of football left.You can never tell what the landscape will look like in 6 or 7 weeks.
Some teams will be healthy, some wont.Some will be slumping at the wrong time and some will be playing at their peak.

The last few years we have been playing better at the end.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Goal is getting to 5-3 at the half way point, if we go 5-3 in the 2nd half of the season thats 10-6 which most likely gets you a wild card at least.

If we get to 5-3, a big win against ARZ on prime time could get us going on another run like last year

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Crizilla":39gozbzb said:
Goal is getting to 5-3 at the half way point, if we go 5-3 in the 2nd half of the season thats 10-6 which most likely gets you a wild card at least.

If we get to 5-3, a big win against ARZ on prime time could get us going on another run like last year

I like the 5-3 goal but I think we at least have to shoot for 11-5.

RussB

Reaction score
Hawks are fine they are just still figuring things out. Alot of teams can start undefeated then finish badly. its not how you start, its how you finish

ringless

Reaction score
This might be a year that 9-7 gets you into the playoffs depending on how the NFC South Shapes up

RW92

Reaction score
FLhawkfan":clus4vjn said:
No doubt the Hawks are having a down year, but so is the rest of the NFC (Green Bay excepted). NFC teams with a better record than us:

Packers, Falcons: 5-0
Panthers: 4-0
Cards: 4-1
Giants: 3-2

I still feel good about our playoff chances.

Keep the faith. Hopefully our team will rise to the occasion and return to the Super Bowl. The most important thing is we must continue to improve with our offensive line, and hopefully our defense will start to get off the field on 3rd down. If we start to do this along with getting Jimmy Graham involved maybe we will find some magic come Thanksgiving.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
2Cool4School":27k5h0lj said:
Hawks are fine they are just still figuring things out. Alot of teams can start undefeated then finish badly. its not how you start, its how you finish

Ya...how many people here would like to go 16-0 make the superbowl and then lose like the Pats..not me

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm still liking our chances. This team has a lot of parallels with the 2012 team.

Both teams started slowly due to a new OL learning to work together. 2012 Wilson was also still finding his way.

This team has a better defense, and better skill position players. We also have better depth. 2012 we got sunk in the playoffs in Atlanta once we lost Clemons, now we could withstand that loss.

If we end up on a similar seasonal arc like in 2012, we will get a deep playoff run. We have better talent and depth. We very well could be the team no one wants to play at the end of the season.

Also of note: The Cardinals are two games ahead of us. We still get to play them twice. Even if we both win all our remaining games, if we win both head to head games, we win the tie breaker. Also, AZ has yet to play GB, and the way both of them are playing, both will likely need to win that game.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What some of you guys forget is that:

Falcons and Panthers are in a weak division and will play weaker schedules. One team will win that division and second one might end up with 10-11 wins.
Vikings will play weaker schedule than us. Outside of GB, the rest of their division might be a walk in the park for them (Bears and Lions twice).
Giants, Cowboys and Eagles also have weaker opponents, as they will face the likes of Jacksonville, Houston, Tennessee , Tampa, Saints,... etc. Meaning, their second placed team could also win more games ...

NFC West will beat up each other (Rams, 49ers and cardinals are not easy games, as we know), but Cardinals have the advantage. We are going to have to sweep the Cardinals and 49ers ...

I don't see how 9 NFC wins makes it into the playoff as Wild Card. I would argue that 10-11 wins might not be enough to get you into the playoffs.