the futility of the O-line

blkhwk

Reaction score
Watching many plays over on various posts..... here is what I see with the o-line.

Britt and Nowak cannot play in space at all, technique is terrible. Many of their "whiffs" in space the offense would at least get a yard if they made contact with the second level or backside guys.

It looks like in many cases (if I knew how to link video, I would) defenders are expecting the cut block, they get their hands ready and avoid the cut and go make the play. Time to evolve Tom Cable!!!! The cut block is nothing new, average LB's and DL's are too good to consistently get chopped down with the cut block!!

Not cutting may take away the cut backs, but maybe we can at least get positive yardage on the play side!

Pass pro is a whole issue all on its own, but again bad technique. The interior three guys lunging and blowing their wad and completely missing is going to get RW killed. Again if contact were made and the OL won the individual battle, even for a second, the passing game would be miles ahead.

Oh for the days of Walter Jones, playing with great balance and quietly killing guys.........