Bittersweet Symphony

zelter

Reaction score
I know some of you will be happy but I missed hearing Bittersweet Symphony during the intros.
After years of associating the song with the Seahawks it didn't seem the same not hearing it
Crazy Train seems so overused
Oh well life goes on

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Love Crazy Train and have since the Blizzard album first came out and long before it was overused. But yeah, it is overused. I have always said and will again, Seek & Destroy by Metallica is the perfect intro song, especially lyrically.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bittersweet Symphony and the Crazy Trains.

Sounds like the perfect band name for this fanbase sometimes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BSS is one of the worst songs EVER!
I don't know who's idea it was to ever associate that piece of crap with the Hawks but whomever it was should have been fired on the spot.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3sv5fv5k said:
They messed up the intros yesterday, as BSS kicked in for a half a second before the video intro played. Funny stuff.

Yea I heard that. And then I guess they didn't end up playing it after that that I recall. Interesting if that was how they decided to finally kill off that song.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zpb25xs said:
I don't know who's idea it was to ever associate that piece of crap with the Hawks but whomever it was should have been fired on the spot.
No accounting for taste.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I think it's just a weird song to use, considering the meaning of the song. They needed something more bad ass anyway.

Reaction score
Wrote a post about this during the Super Bowl. It's a ok song but to use it for a team song ur just setting ur self up for failure. I think they should change it. To use Bittersweet for the superbowl its not good. Well I guess it came true last year!

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'd rather use a lame song that no one else uses than just using one of the standard approved pep songs.

NFL Football, and MLB baseball too, is slowly turning into a weird dystopian experience with every stadium using the same songs and motivational clips.

"Welcome to this NFL stadium, loyal attendees. Prepare to become excited by the following collection of authorized sounds. Please deposit garbage in marked receptacles."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bittersweet Symphony is not a bad song...it's just not a song that fits football. When I think of songs for football... any music from the Verve wouldn't be on the list. Personally, I lean toward "Some heads are going to roll" by Judas Priest, "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Rock you like a Hurricane" by the Scorpions....but Seek and Destroy is a very good choice too.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xutvippk said:
It's probably a Paul Allen favorite.

:laugh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":2c8lj7d8 said:
Sports Hernia":2c8lj7d8 said:
No accounting for taste.
If someone's musical taste is based on liking that crap song, it's time to review that metric IMHO.
It's football not badminton.

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Pretty sure BSS was Paul Allen's choice.

I actually grew to love the intro... Simply because it I became conditioned to the song to great Seahawks games. I miss the intro, lame song and all.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nbk35zw":1cb8yn2p said:
Pretty sure BSS was Paul Allen's choice.

I actually grew to love the intro... Simply because it I became conditioned to the song to great Seahawks games. I miss the intro, lame song and all.
That's a rumor, not sure how true that is. Mr Allen is a rocker...... :th2thumbs:

Optimus25

Reaction score
After sb forty eight i was hoping sad but true would just supersede bss.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I always thought BSS was a poor choice -- not because of any lyrics, but because the music itself lacks energy. Personally, I would prefer to avoid anything with lyrics at all -- I'd just have music that has energy and intensity. If I could choose, it would be Battle Without Honor or Humanity, because I like the energy and the build-up.

[youtube]6fQuEqwQ2I4[/youtube]

TheHawkster

Reaction score
BSS was a perfect song for the Holmgren/Hasselbeck era.
Should have been retired when Hass left.

I loved the constant struggle that era gave us.
That was when the 12th Man was at full tilt.
Those defenses literally needed us and we brought it every damn week.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Love the BSS music, it's a great unique intro sound, but the song itself is rather pointless. But hey, they only play part of the song as the intro anyway. I say keep BSS as the intro song; it's a unique part of the whole experience of a Seahawks game.

Hawkfiend

Reaction score
I also dig the BSS intro, gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. I hope they bring it back.

Latest posts