Bittersweet Symphony

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't see why people care about lyrics that are never played, but I do agree that the BSS intro was iconic for the Holmgren/Hass era and doesn't really fit the Carroll era quite as well. The PC era really has more of a "Lose Yourself", "Let it Rock", "Stronger", etc. feel.

jonkchar

Reaction score
Come on guys, rock is so.... predictable. Although, I do get pumped whenever networks start playing grunge during Seahawks games when the Seahawks start getting momentum

nategreat

Reaction score
Put me in the "Bittersweet Symphony sucks" category. It sucks. Hard. I wouldn't listen to that song cooking dinner for my girlfriend, much less a football game.

Atradees

Reaction score
Never liked Bittersweet Symphony. Milk-toast. Kinda pansy.

[youtube]cuc6Ks9DTIo[/youtube]

But then I am a bit different.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1xk71zne said:
c_hawkbob":1xk71zne said:
Sports Hernia":1xk71zne said:
BSS is one of the worst songs EVER!
I don't know who's idea it was to ever associate that piece of crap with the Hawks but whomever it was should have been fired on the spot.
No accounting for taste.
If someone's musical taste is based on liking that crap song, it's time to review that metric IMHO.
It's football not badminton.
If someone's musical taste is "based" on liking any single son that person has an extremely narrow musical focus and needs to listen to more variety.

I personally love the song. It's got, especially as an intro, a very textured classical feel to it, kinda like Edvard Grieg's Hall of the Mountain King, and I think it's a great foundation from which to build excitement. Certainly it's not what you want leading up to the opening kickoff when the hitting's about to start, that's when you want something with a diving beat and an explosion of sound as foot strikes ball for the first time, AC/DC or Godsmack or Sevendust are much better suited to that, but the song wasn't bad at all as it was employed.

I do agree that it's use had run it's course though and it always did seem to me that a team from a city as rich in it's own music history should use a British band's song so extensively, Barracuda or Man In a Box or (my choice) Rusty Cage would be more suitable.

I just don't hate Bittersweet Symphony.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We're not gonna take it anymore.....Twisted Sister.

[youtube]4xmckWVPRaI[/youtube]

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Holy crap, what year is it? Because based on this thread, many of you are still living in 1989.

kmeleon

Reaction score
zelter":1flmp3eo said:
I know some of you will be happy but I missed hearing Bittersweet Symphony during the intros.
After years of associating the song with the Seahawks it didn't seem the same not hearing it
Crazy Train seems so overused
Oh well life goes on

Unfortunately I was stuck watching the finish of another game in PA waiting for the Hawks game to come on and missed the opening drive for each team (didn't miss much from what I understand) so I had no idea they came out to Crazy Train until this thread.....SERIOUSLY? Crazy Train? Oh god, that's the Patriots stupid intro song. Who the hell made that decision?!?! Great song before it became some sort of mainstream music for commercials, and those stupid ball deflating, practice recording cheaters..... yuck :pukeface:

Ozzy has soooo many other songs that radio stations and car companies haven't beaten into our heads like a spike over the the years. How about Mr. Crowley? How about Mr. Tinkertrain? Bark at the Moon? The Wizard? Suicide Solution (although I can see why they wouldn't play that one in rainy Seattle :shock: ), I could keep going.

Please change it :177692:

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
69 Rocked!

[youtube]9irsg1vBmq0[/youtube]

79 Rocked!

[youtube]54yye3Z0bMc[/youtube]

89 Rocked!

[youtube]TAqZb52sgpU[/youtube]

99 Rocked!

[youtube]jRGrNDV2mKc[/youtube]

2009 Rocked!

[youtube]4RQmEiNdsZ8[/youtube]

Right now rocks!

[youtube]fnMBix9Zq5o[/youtube]

If Rock's your thing it's always a good year :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have been pushing for Enter Sandman for years. The opening sequence is perfect to get the blood pumping and it builds with the drums coming in...Man, just seems so obvious of a good choice.

Never did like BSS, never will, but more importantly to me it signifies the Holmgren/Hasselbeck/Alexander/Strong Era much more than the Pete and John Era.

Let it die, Paul.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Sticking with the violin theme they could go with Viva La Vida. I was never overly fond of BSS, but the violin intro was such a stark contrast to what every other team used to get pumped up, it might have almost had a psychological effect on the other team, like, if these Seahawks can get pumped up for this, just wait until the hitting starts.

Or maybe they took a vote of the most hated song in the Locker room, and this is what the result was. Maybe Kam is seeing so much red by the time the game starts because of this song that he is inspired to separate bodies from souls. Who knows

idahohawk

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the song itself, but thought it was a pretty cool way to open the intros. At the same time, I'm not married to it. But I don't think bashing it out of pure musical taste or for the sake of change itself is needed either. Some people just can't get over their musical snobbery regardless of effect or presentation. The focus wasn't on the song itself, but highlights, teamwork, success, challenges, and of course, the 12s. But now there even some that turn their noses up at the "12s" concept too.

This success thing is overrated. We have become a bunch of ninnies.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Not a great fan of the song, but it does remind me of the Seahawks. I'd go for another song as our opener because we'd get to the point where that reminded us of Seahawks football as well, but honestly I'd be happy with hearing Bittersweet Symphony as the opener every time if it ensured I'd actually get to see the start of the game every time. Lookin' at you, CBS.

largenutz

Reaction score
TheHawkster":2ta9cyyk said:
BSS was a perfect song for the Holmgren/Hasselbeck era.
Should have been retired when Hass left.

I loved the constant struggle that era gave us.
That was when the 12th Man was at full tilt.
Those defenses literally needed us and we brought it every damn week.
I love this^^^
So true...I don't get to go to many games anymore but when I have the energy was down... But I remember all those false starts and really feeling like I (WE) was affecting the game... I definitely associate that song with the Hasselbeck era...

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2novltbp said:
Not a great fan of the song, but it does remind me of the Seahawks. I'd go for another song as our opener because we'd get to the point where that reminded us of Seahawks football as well, but honestly I'd be happy with hearing Bittersweet Symphony as the opener every time if it ensured I'd actually get to see the start of the game every time. Lookin' at you, CBS.
Surely you understand that the end of a game between a team in Balrimore and a team in Cincinnati is far more interesting to people in the Northwest than some silly team from Seattle. :sarcasm_off: Screw you CBS!