Gut feeling - must win next week

nbk35zw

Reaction score
Dallas will be Green Bay's competition... Not Seattle. This is clearly a rebuilding year. Our offense will struggle all year.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It's a long season. Never have seen the #1 seed wrapped up in week 2 in over 50 years of watching football. Patience grasshopper.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2up8a2rk said:
Dallas will be Green Bay's competition... Not Seattle. This is clearly a rebuilding year. Our offense will struggle all year.
Wow, you can tell this from one game? What were your thoughts when Seattle was 3-3 last year?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":451pjw4b said:
nbk35zw":451pjw4b said:
Wow, you can tell this from one game? What were your thoughts when Seattle was 3-3 last year?

We had the best secondary in the league and a serviceable Oline.

We also had one of the best D Coordinators, the best LB coach and the best DB coach.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
nbk35zw":12t9cndk said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Hahahaha ha hahahaha haha ha

:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":q4hainmm said:
Sports Hernia":q4hainmm said:
nbk35zw":q4hainmm said:

We had the best secondary in the league and a serviceable Oline.

We also had one of the best D Coordinators, the best LB coach and the best DB coach.
I'm guessing you didn't think that way after the Dallas and KC losses when the defenses was getting thrashed Kermit none of my business gif

Rocket

Reaction score
nbk35zw":iqkjj56j said:
:pukeface:

Polk738

Reaction score
I've just decided to accept that these first few weeks are going to be rough, 2 new starters in the secondary, no Kam, new DC, maybe not an all new OL but might as well be with Drew Nowak in there playing center and the fourth hardest schedule in the league. Rodgers will tear this secondary a new one next week if these guys can't get it figured out, and the only upside is that GB's pass rush isn't even close to what the Ram's bring so hopefully we can bring the play action.

nategreat

Reaction score
nbk35zw":15nhfces said:

Someone's been hanging out with Blitzer too long. :34853_doh:

ringless

Reaction score
Rebuilding..... The Seahawks are in rebuilding.

Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Jimmy Graham
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor*
Bruce Irvin
and so on..... How many teams would consider that a team that was rebuilding?

If this team is rebuilding what exactly are they rebuilding?

You have a very, very, very rude awakening coming next time Seattle actually is rebuilding. When you realize that just hitting 6 wins might be laughed. When your offense and Defense only have a couple of impact players on it. Ridiculous that after a single loss to potentially the most dangerous D-line in football who is going up against one of the weakest O-lines in football that thats your sentiment.

I am actually offended because I can guarantee there are 31 other teams in this league that would kill to have that defensive lineup you have. All 31 would trade their defense for yours. Rebuilding.

I also bet at least 25 would love to have a Lynch and Wilson combo over anything they have. Rebuilding

That at least 25 would want your FO/Coaching staff..... Rebuilding

You have gotten use to watching stellar football the last few seasons. A bad game means nothing. Enjoy it while the wins last because one day, sooner or later. You will be rebuilding in the true sense of the word.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Polk738":b4qbuuhb said:
I've just decided to accept that these first few weeks are going to be rough, 2 new starters in the secondary, no Kam, new DC, maybe not an all new OL but might as well be with Drew Nowak in there playing center and the fourth hardest schedule in the league. Rodgers will tear this secondary a new one next week if these guys can't get it figured out, and the only upside is that GB's pass rush isn't even close to what the Ram's bring so hopefully we can bring the play action.

The whole season will be rough, just like it was the last two years when this team went to the Super Bowl. People forget how weird the beginning of the season was last year before they ripped off that big run. The previous season they won a bunch up front then crapped their pants into the playoffs.

In neither season did the defense dominate every game, and they looked like downright crap at times in some of them. The offense moves between amazing and craptastic.

There's a lot of "how did they pull that one off?" when a team is successful. How successful they are this season is unknowable, but I'm not going to let the first game of the season at St. Louis make me think that it's the standard.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
ringless":17keegob said:

Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Jimmy Graham
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor*
Bruce Irvin

You have a very, very, very rude awakening coming next time Seattle actually is rebuilding. When you realize that just hitting 6 wins might be laughed. When your offense and Defense only have a couple of impact players on it. Ridiculous that after a single loss to potentially the most dangerous D-line in football who is going up against one of the weakest O-lines in football that thats your sentiment.

I am actually offended because I can guarantee there are 31 other teams in this league that would kill to have that defensive lineup you have. All 31 would trade their defense for yours. Rebuilding.

I also bet at least 25 would love to have a Lynch and Wilson combo over anything they have. Rebuilding

You have gotten use to watching stellar football the last few seasons. A bad game means nothing. Enjoy it while the wins last because one day, sooner or later. You will be rebuilding in the true sense of the word.

Plenty of us have enjoyed it and kept it in perspective; this is likely the best run that the Seahawks will have in my lifetime. Some people are just really "hormonal" per Pete Carroll.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Whenever a Seahawk fan asks themselves.. "why do other fan bases hate us"... read these posts.

As far as Criz's take about HFA.. I agree. It's must win for the 1 seed probably, but in general.. no. Our schedule gets much easier following the Packers game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
nbk35zw":337ya6x0 said:
Really now? Hey sweetie you do know Jordy Nelson is out for the season and Green Bay is still slow on defense while Dez Bryant just broke his foot and will be out 3-6 weeks minimum while we have no real injuries.....

jake206

Reaction score
Must win for No. 1? Nahh...still too early. Never can tell whose no. 1 seed until near the end of the season. NFL is about parity. So I'm just glad no real injuries for us. NFL is a real grind. Having injuries now, would really be a killer. Can't imagine how it is for team like Dallas. Yes they won, but they lost in a sense, losing Dez.

As Pete says it best: "Its not how you start, its how you finish." I almost think he flubbed this first game, just for the redemptive aspect of it. :mrgreen:

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ringless":3d380rfk said:

Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Jimmy Graham
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor*
Bruce Irvin

THANK YOU!

One game and everyone is freaking out. One game and everyone of our players and coaches are all to blame.

Last year we were 3-3 and made the playoffs and went to play in the SB.