Gut feeling - must win next week

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I don't think us winning or losing this week has anything to do with it.

If we want the #1 seed, regardless of what we did this week, beating GB goes a long way in securing that. Having that tie-breaker over them is crucial. It might not matter, but its big to have

peppersjap

Reaction score
nbk35zw":qsv4numq said:
Dallas will be Green Bay's competition... Not Seattle. This is clearly a rebuilding year. Our offense will struggle all year.
Yes because Dallas looked so good! They squeezed out a win because Coughlin is an idiot and threw a pass on 3rd down when they could have ran another 40 seconds off the clock and given the Cowboys next to no time to get down the field. They beat a very bad team. As for Green Bay, does anyone think they looked good today. The Bears actually made it a game. Since you said we will struggle all year I assume you are a fan, how about being a loyal one. You must be one of the people who likes to say "I'm a 12". I hate that term!

peppersjap

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":jawblw7q said:
Sports Hernia":jawblw7q said:
nbk35zw":jawblw7q said:
Dallas will be Green Bay's competition... Not Seattle. This is clearly a rebuilding year. Our offense will struggle all year.
Wow, you can tell this from one game? What were your thoughts when Seattle was 3-3 last year?

We had the best secondary in the league and a serviceable Oline.

We also had one of the best D Coordinators, the best LB coach and the best DB coach.
We have had two changes from that offensive line last year and Unger was available for very little of it and if you are considering Carpenter a top notch lineman apparently you did not watch the Seahawks during his rookie contract. There is a reason he was let go.

peppersjap

Reaction score
ringless":1l5p80zh said:
Rebuilding..... The Seahawks are in rebuilding.

Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Russell Wilson
Marshawn Lynch
Jimmy Graham
Richard Sherman
Kam Chancellor*
Bruce Irvin
and so on..... How many teams would consider that a team that was rebuilding?

If this team is rebuilding what exactly are they rebuilding?

You have a very, very, very rude awakening coming next time Seattle actually is rebuilding. When you realize that just hitting 6 wins might be laughed. When your offense and Defense only have a couple of impact players on it. Ridiculous that after a single loss to potentially the most dangerous D-line in football who is going up against one of the weakest O-lines in football that thats your sentiment.

I am actually offended because I can guarantee there are 31 other teams in this league that would kill to have that defensive lineup you have. All 31 would trade their defense for yours. Rebuilding.

I also bet at least 25 would love to have a Lynch and Wilson combo over anything they have. Rebuilding

That at least 25 would want your FO/Coaching staff..... Rebuilding

You have gotten use to watching stellar football the last few seasons. A bad game means nothing. Enjoy it while the wins last because one day, sooner or later. You will be rebuilding in the true sense of the word.
The Cardinal fan has the best reply to this thread. Most of these people didn't even realize there was a game on Sunday during the Mora years.

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":30v2g1ip said:
nbk35zw":30v2g1ip said:
Really now? Hey sweetie you do know Jordy Nelson is out for the season and Green Bay is still slow on defense while Dez Bryant just broke his foot and will be out 3-6 weeks minimum while we have no real injuries.....
Here's how I see this going down. Aaron Rodgers walks up to the line of scrimmage.... Looks around and surveys the defense. Watches how the defense responds when the WR or TE goes in motion. Unlike at the Clink, where it's so loud you can't even hear yourself scream, it's eerily quiet at Lambeau when the Packers have the ball. So Rodgers sees what he likes and switches from a run to a pass. He works the hard count and two or three defenders flinch (more than once). Pass rushers are kept off balance at home by Rodger's hard counts. The now veteran offensive line is discipline and doesn't jump. Rodgers goes back to pass and has all day to throw (just like the NFCCG). Only this time he has legs so he can pull it up and run for a quick 20 too. Throw everybody back in coverage and you are going to get hammered by Eddie Lacy.

All those field goals the Packers settled for a few months ago become long touchdowns at Lambeau. Rodger's is gonna tear that azz up, even without Nelson... And BTW, that stadium gets really loud when the Hawks have the ball.....

ptisme

Reaction score
peppersjap":fdkxbgbi said:
nbk35zw":fdkxbgbi said:
Yes because Dallas looked so good! They squeezed out a win because Coughlin is an idiot and threw a pass on 3rd down when they could have ran another 40 seconds off the clock and given the Cowboys next to no time to get down the field. They beat a very bad team. As for Green Bay, does anyone think they looked good today. The Bears actually made it a game. Since you said we will struggle all year I assume you are a fan, how about being a loyal one. You must be one of the people who likes to say "I'm a 12". I hate that term!
Bears game was ugly.. But it was a divisional game and the Bears are MUCH better than last year with Fangio coaching the defense and Fox the HC... Bears are no longer a pushover... I also think GB was looking past them to Seattle...

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":w8gnttcp said:
I don't think us winning or losing this week has anything to do with it.

If we want the #1 seed, regardless of what we did this week, beating GB goes a long way in securing that. Having that tie-breaker over them is crucial. It might not matter, but its big to have
It's imperative for home field to win that game for either team...

iigakusei

Reaction score
ptisme":42yv8tbk said:
MizzouHawkGal":42yv8tbk said:
nbk35zw":42yv8tbk said:
Really now? Hey sweetie you do know Jordy Nelson is out for the season and Green Bay is still slow on defense while Dez Bryant just broke his foot and will be out 3-6 weeks minimum while we have no real injuries.....
Here's how I see this going down. Aaron Rodgers walks up to the line of scrimmage.... Looks around and surveys the defense. Watches how the defense responds when the WR or TE goes in motion. Unlike at the Clink, where it's so loud you can't even hear yourself scream, it's eerily quiet at Lambeau when the Packers have the ball. So Rodgers sees what he likes and switches from a run to a pass. He works the hard count and two or three defenders flinch (more than once). Pass rushers are kept off balance at home by Rodger's hard counts. The now veteran offensive line is discipline and doesn't jump. Rodgers goes back to pass and has all day to throw (just like the NFCCG). Only this time he has legs so he can pull it up and run for a quick 20 too. Throw everybody back in coverage and you are going to get hammered by Eddie Lacy.

All those field goals the Packers settled for a few months ago become long touchdowns at Lambeau. Rodger's is gonna tear that azz up, even without Nelson... And BTW, that stadium gets really loud when the Hawks have the ball.....
What happened to the Green Bay run defense against Chicago? Surprised to see the stats for Forte but didn't watch any of the game. I just hope we don't turn the ball over 5 times again - we might actually have a chance for the W unlike last time :)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't think it is reasonable to expect we will win next week.

If we win, I guess that offsets some of this week but I don't see any scenario where we win unless we make some incredible changes in one week or one of the Wilson/Lynch combo has one of his best games.

We will be going up against a better offense than ours with what looks to be a pretty average defense now, one that is weak in the secondary in a contest where the opponent strength is the passing game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3m3c02zm said:
nbk35zw":3m3c02zm said:
Wow, you can tell this from one game? What were your thoughts when Seattle was 3-3 last year?

"At least our defense is still elite."

ptisme

Reaction score
iigakusei":2q6oprxj said:
ptisme":2q6oprxj said:
MizzouHawkGal":2q6oprxj said:
nbk35zw":2q6oprxj said:

What happened to the Green Bay run defense against Chicago? Surprised to see the stats for Forte but didn't watch any of the game. I just hope we don't turn the ball over 5 times again - we might actually have a chance for the W unlike last time :)
Green Bay was without it's best run defenders (DT Guillon, ILB Sam Barrington and Safety Morgan Burnett). With that said it was troubling. I think it was a combination of:
1. The Bears are a MUCH better coached team with John Fox.
2. The Packers had not been able to scout the Bears new looks previously.
3. The Packers as a team looked like they were looking past the Bears. It also looked like Capers kept the defense very vanilla so as not to show much to Seattle.
4. The Packers are an average run defense that got exposed yesterday... Capers is our Darrel Bevel... They should hopefully have some of the defensive guys back next week including Barrington, Burnett and Datone Jones. Won't have Guillon back till week four and that hurts...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I tend to agree that losing next week makes it highly unlikely that the Hawks will get the 1 seed in the NFC. That tiebreaker between the hawks and Pack will likely be crucial. They just aren't going to be the 1 seed every year. I just hope they can win the division this year.

JimmyG

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2il8hqtb said:
Last year we were 3-3 and made the playoffs and went to play in the SB.
The only thing about last year is that our schedule down the stretch was pretty easy. From week 12, on our final six opponents included the Cardinals (x2), the Rams and the Eagles -- all of whom were missing their starting quarterback. Instead of Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford, and Nick Foles, we faced Drew Stanton, Mark Sanchez, Ryan Lindley, and Shaun Hill; I'm not saying the former group are world-beaters, but the latter group is absolutely laughable. I know we had some injury issues of our own, but those are pretty catastrophic losses that our opponents suffered. I'm not sure I would bank on history repeating itself this year, so I don't think we can afford falling into a hole like that again. Our division (when healthy) is just so damn tough.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
must win in week two? lol..............as Inigo Montoya would say.........

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
peppersjap":2gndb3gi said:
nbk35zw":2gndb3gi said:

A couple of things here.

I think you throw all this good, bad, whatever stuff out the window for all teams in week 1 because they were all division games.

I really don't understand why so many people over look the fact that you don't look at records, teams on paper, or any of that other stuff when you are talking about division games.

Some people were crazy surprised yesterday that the Rams won. Why? They're a division opponent who tends to give the Hawks trouble. This isn't surprising.

Same thing for the Cowboys with the Giants and the Packers with the Bears. Yes the Packers are far better than the Bears but most of the time that isn't going to show on the field, cause it's division.

Yes the Cowboys are a much better team than the Giants but again it's division. And yes I do believe the Hawks are the better team than the Rams, without question, but division games are just weird like that.

All that said I would be really surprised if anyone is honestly going to throw in the towel, or anyone thinks this is really a rebuilding year for the defending NFC Champions.

I'll even say that I'd still say the Hawks are the favorite in their division, and the NFC in general, even if they lose to Greenbay on Sunday.

Would it be much harder? Of course. But that's the NFL and 1 game never tells the story of the season.

nash72

Reaction score
ringless":1rxbddz8 said:
I am actually offended because I can guarantee there are 31 other teams in this league that would kill to have that defensive lineup you have. All 31 would trade their defense for yours. Rebuilding.

Not the Bills. They have the best D in the league hands down. Just saying.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Bills have the best D in football, after one game? It looks like a real good D, but way too soon to assume they are hands down the best in football.

nash72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2nf1wg2p said:
The Bills have the best D in football, after one game? It looks like a real good D, but way too soon to assume they are hands down the best in football.

They were pretty awesome last year too. I think they are better then Seattles D at this point.

Latest posts