"That Bailey kid is good, man"--NFL personnel guru

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Other execs have also been impressed by the play of Dion Bailey ("John has no reason to budge -- that Bailey kid is good, man," one personnel guru told me) and the Seahawks dded great depth by picking up Kelcie McCray from the Chiefs in trade Saturday. Don't get me wrong, the Seahawks know Chancellor's worth to their team, but they are fortifying themselves should this be the rare case of a holdout that actually spreads into the season. Seahawks brass has told other front offices that they won't forgo the $30,000 a day in fines Chancellor incurred -- I tend to believe they would quickly if he showed back up -- and they seem pretty entrenched on seeing how many paychecks, if any, Chancellor is willing to sacrifice.

The Seahawks have been singing Bailey's praises all throughout preseason, but it's easy to take that with a grain of salt. This was the first I've seen about what anyone else in the league thinks about Dion Bailey's play. Glad to see other teams are also giving him rave reviews.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/ja ... -to-canada

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Even the Kam supporters have to admit it would be gratifying to see the holdout blowup in his face. :beach:

Cartire

Reaction score
Part of me believes this is more negotiating tactics by the FO. While Bailey looked serviceable, I just dont see the reason for all the constant praising of him. It screams, "LOOK KAM, WE HAVE AN AMAZING PLAYER READY TO TAKE YOUR POSITION!! LOOK KAAAMMM!!"

QuahHawk

Reaction score
SS is a position that having an average player at does not kill your D. In Kam's early years he was not the player he is now, he made plenty of mistakes and we still had a great defense.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
This is all posturing, but whatever. Kam, having agreed to this deal and coming off a serious knee injury, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Going forward, his holdout is doing nothing but damage: to his own loss of game checks, to his agent's loss of that 3% and credibility to future clients, and to the team's own loss of a great player in a year where they are otherwise primed for Super Bowl contention.

Bailey is a solid tackler, who has never impressed me in coverage. Truthfully, he is a fringe NFL player.

massari

Reaction score
Kam will be back. Not even sure why it's such a hot topic. He's not going to sit out and sacrifice millions of dollars.

Cartire

Reaction score
massari":2y4bm4p4 said:
Kam will be back. Not even sure why it's such a hot topic. He's not going to sit out and sacrifice millions of dollars.

IDK man. While I think almost 99% of the populace agrees that its beyond stupid for him to hold out during the season, Kam strikes me as extremely stubborn. This whole thing is nothing but stubbornness, when you know he has to understand the ramifications of his decision. He has zero leverage and yet continues the charade.

I keep falling back to it, but Kam just really might have lost a step, and he knows it, and this is his hail mary. But like most Hail Marys, it will fail.

Sorry, we've gone a little off-topic, (even though i think the article has everything to do with Kam)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
massari":2afcf7zg said:
The game is in less than a week. Why are people still in denial about Kam? He's not part of the game plan and is not in game shape.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Cartire":exzf4xet said:
massari":exzf4xet said:

IDK man. While I think almost 99% of the populace agrees that its beyond stupid for him to hold out during the season, Kam strikes me as extremely stubborn. This whole thing is nothing but stubbornness, when you know he has to understand the ramifications of his decision. He has zero leverage and yet continues the charade.

I keep falling back to it, but Kam just really might have lost a step, and he knows it, and this is his hail mary. But like most Hail Marys, it will fail.

Sorry, we've gone a little off-topic, (even though i think the article has everything to do with Kam)

I think the problem is that Kam has already said flat out that he will not be back without a change in his contract. Now if he were to come back, he'd be illustrating his word means nothing. So maybe he's had thoughts about coming back but realizes he's dug himself a deep hole with his words.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
hawknation2015 said:
This is all posturing, but whatever. Kam, having agreed to this deal and coming off a serious knee injury, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Going forward, his holdout is doing nothing but damage: to his own loss of game checks, to his agent's loss of that 3% and credibility to future clients, and to the team's own loss of a great player in a year where they are otherwise primed for Super Bowl contention.

Bailey is a solid tackler, who has never impressed me in coverage. Truthfully, he is a fringe NFL player.[/quo

So, what you're saying is that you have better player assessment skills than people who actually work in the NFL?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kam's ONLY shot at any semblance of leverage is if Nick Foles throws 4 touchdowns over Dion Bailey's head on Sunday.

If Bailey comes out and plays fine and the D doesn't miss a beat.. well.. to Kam..

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Cartire

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":2qa9yquz said:
hawknation2015":2qa9yquz said:

Bailey is a solid tackler, who has never impressed me in coverage. Truthfully, he is a fringe NFL player.

So, what you're saying is that you have better player assessment skills than people who actually work in the NFL?

God I hate this line. Sure, most talent scouts are pretty damn good at their job. But lets not pretend there arent a ton of horrible NFL players that scouts and gms thought were going to be stars.

Aaron Curry comes to mind...

Mick063

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see anything special about Bailey.

I was kind of hoping that Shead gets the start and I don't believe Shead is anything special either. More or less the second coming of "Big play Babs". A versatile player that can play many roles and occasionally come up witth a big play, but not this intimidating presence that changes the opponent's game plan.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cartire":3w3zm5nm said:
Kennedyin92":3w3zm5nm said:
hawknation2015":3w3zm5nm said:

God I hate this line. Sure, most talent scouts are pretty damn good at their job. But lets not pretend there arent a ton of horrible NFL players that scouts and gms thought were going to be stars.

Aaron Curry comes to mind...

Well sure they miss from time to time.

But they should still know more than Bob in Renton, sitting on his moms futon, watching tape in the basement.

Its their job, their profession.

Doctors are wrong from time to time, but if push comes to shove, I am trusting one before I trust some guy who watches medical videos on YouTube

:D

Fade

Reaction score
I like him in the run game. Let's see how he does in coverage next to Earl instead of Terrell.