"That Bailey kid is good, man"--NFL personnel guru

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":2frz68f7 said:
Kennedyin92":2frz68f7 said:
hawknation2015":2frz68f7 said:
This is all posturing, but whatever. Kam, having agreed to this deal and coming off a serious knee injury, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Going forward, his holdout is doing nothing but damage: to his own loss of game checks, to his agent's loss of that 3% and credibility to future clients, and to the team's own loss of a great player in a year where they are otherwise primed for Super Bowl contention.

Bailey is a solid tackler, who has never impressed me in coverage. Truthfully, he is a fringe NFL player.

So, what you're saying is that you have better player assessment skills than people who actually work in the NFL?

God I hate this line. Sure, most talent scouts are pretty damn good at their job. But lets not pretend there arent a ton of horrible NFL players that scouts and gms thought were going to be stars.

Aaron Curry comes to mind...

:13:

It's okay for people to have opinions. Besides, Personnel guys make bad reads just like the rest of us do.

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":3u0bzl9t said:
Part of me believes this is more negotiating tactics by the FO. While Bailey looked serviceable, I just dont see the reason for all the constant praising of him. It screams, "LOOK KAM, WE HAVE AN AMAZING PLAYER READY TO TAKE YOUR POSITION!! LOOK KAAAMMM!!"

Scottemojo":3u0bzl9t said:
LOL at unnamed sources.

This pretty much sums it up.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
It could be a source from the giants, hoping to spur a trade. It could be someone on the Falcons or Jags, doing the Hawks a solid. It could be a team hoping the holdout continues a few weeks. Or the reporter's source could be his own ass.

Cartire

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2yks6yp3 said:
It could be a source from the giants, hoping to spur a trade. It could be someone on the Falcons or Jags, doing the Hawks a solid. It could be a team hoping the holdout continues a few weeks. Or the reporter's source could be his own ass.

Its the worst part of sports journalism. While unnamed sources are usually a great thing in investagative journalism, it still required facts in the end to sell a story. And those sources to be proven right.

Sports sources can be wrong more times then right, and its a story, because being proven right doesnt matter here. Its who can say it first. Especially when we know teams use this as a device regardless.

northseahawk

Reaction score
The seahawks won't forgo the $30k fine per day??? HAHAHA.. Thats what i am talking about. Don't give into these selfish players.. Make an example out of one of these players who could hardly spell their names when it comes to education and now they aren't satisfied with being paid millions and top 2 at their position. Enough with this ego amongst the players on this team.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
I've said it before, but these fines should be collected by the organization on the day they are incurred. You don't show up, expect to pay the fine as soon as practice wraps. Take the subjectivity out of it. The organization shouldn't be made to look the bad guy as the players know the consequences of a hold out. The players are party to the CBA, and this is how it works.

nanomoz

Reaction score
northseahawk":f33q0iqj said:
The seahawks won't forgo the $30k fine per day??? HAHAHA.. Thats what i am talking about. Don't give into these selfish players.. Make an example out of one of these players who could hardly spell their names when it comes to education and now they aren't satisfied with being paid millions and top 2 at their position. Enough with this ego amongst the players on this team.

Wow. This is mildly offensive, and seems way off base in this case. I'm pretty sure Kam isn't a moron, just strong-willed.

kearly

Reaction score
Kam is banking on the team getting desperate after a rough start to the season. I would bet that if the team starts 4-0, he'll accept that his gamble failed and cut his losses.

I also think that in Kam's mind, he believes that the FO will forgive his fines, even if they say they won't.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
nanomoz":33u2kdsy said:
northseahawk":33u2kdsy said:

Wow. This is mildly offensive, and seems way off base in this case. I'm pretty sure Kam isn't a moron, just strong-willed.

Kam isnt a moron.

But his actions right now?

Sometimes smart people........

Hawkpower

Reaction score
kearly":2r5h22pl said:
Kam is banking on the team getting desperate after a rough start to the season. I would bet that if the team starts 4-0, he'll accept that his gamble failed and cut his losses.

I also think that in Kam's mind, he believes that the FO will forgive his fines, even if they say they won't.

Wonder if Kam is secretly hoping the hawks lose? That the D plays poorly?

What a strange position to be in....

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I think Kam's only play at this point is to miss games and hope the Seahawks defense does so poorly that they give in. It's definitely an odd position to be in, but it is literally the only leverage he has left. It feels inevitable that he misses real games to see how that goes.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3u05p6y4 said:
I think Kam's only play at this point is to miss games and hope the Seahawks defense does so poorly that they give in. It's definitely an odd position to be in, but it is literally the only leverage he has left. It feels inevitable that he misses real games to see how that goes.
Yep and what a pos and poor teammate he is for that.

Us fans care more about winning then some of these guys.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Sometimes I like to lay in my bath tub and fill it with only an inch or two of water, then I pretend I am a beached whale. I am
a little upset with Kam at this point. My gut feeling is that like someone else on here shared, he has, was , or IS hurt worse than what is actually known and he wants to squeeze every last dollar out of this team while he has value. I don't agree with it from MY fandom point of view but I can see it from his if that is in fact the case. Who knows? I thought he was being paid pretty well for a SS. IIRC he wasn't the all world safety that we've come to know and love right out of Virginia Tech.

In the event that Kam doesn't play for us again?We will have a GREAT defense without Kam Chancellor. We will win a lot of games moving foward. Teams evolve. This isn't unprecedented.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
morgulon1":86ev90xw said:
Sometimes I like to lay in my bath tub and fill it with only an inch or two of water, then I pretend I am a beached whale. I am
a little upset with Kam at this point. My gut feeling is that like someone else on here shared, he has, was , or IS hurt worse than what is actually known and he wants to squeeze every last dollar out of this team while he has value. I don't agree with it from MY fandom point of view but I can see it from his if that is in fact the case. Who knows? I thought he was being paid pretty well for a SS. IIRC he wasn't the all world safety that we've come to know and love right out of Virginia Tech.

In the event that Kam doesn't play for us again?We will have a GREAT defense without Kam Chancellor. We will win a lot of games moving foward. Teams evolve. This isn't unprecedented.
Godspeed Kam Chancellor! Godspeed!

Phoenix

Reaction score
morgulon1":12sskduc said:
Sometimes I like to lay in my bath tub and fill it with only an inch or two of water, then I pretend I am a beached whale...

LOL wut? :shock:

(but I DO get the analogy) it just made me laugh

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":o8kpgz2f said:
This is all posturing, but whatever. Kam, having agreed to this deal and coming off a serious knee injury, doesn't have a leg to stand on. Going forward, his holdout is doing nothing but damage: to his own loss of game checks, to his agent's loss of that 3% and credibility to future clients, and to the team's own loss of a great player in a year where they are otherwise primed for Super Bowl contention.

Bailey is a solid tackler, who has never impressed me in coverage. Truthfully, he is a fringe NFL player.

I don't believe that it's "Posturing", as much as the Seahawks are being forced to try and field the best players that they can find.
You have to take Bailey's learning curve into account, and what having someone like Earl Thomas in there taking up the slack for Dion's weaknesses.
Earl Thomas' presence on the field is what helped Kam maximize and realize his potential, and that might just be good enough to help DB over some hurdles.
I doubt like hell Dion Bailey will ever come within reach of Kam Chancellor's prowess, or dominance, but I don't think he would have to either.

Rob12

Reaction score
Bailey passes the eye test and will only get better. It's a significant drop off from Kam... We all know that. But of the essential CORE players, Kam is the one that we can likely do without. And please read me correctly here. He's essential to the dominance of the LOB, but with an improved front 7, I really feel like we can weather Kam's absence with Bailey, more so than we could with Bobby if Coyle had to step in.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3p8e4u5d said:
hawknation2015":3p8e4u5d said:

I don't believe that it's "Posturing", as much as the Seahawks are being forced to try and field the best players that they can find.
You have to take Bailey's learning curve into account, and what having someone like Earl Thomas in there taking up the slack for Dion's weaknesses.
Earl Thomas' presence on the field is what helped Kam maximize and realize his potential, and that might just be good enough to help DB over some hurdles.
I doubt like hell Dion Bailey will ever come within reach of Kam Chancellor's prowess, or dominance, but I don't think he would have to either.

I don't trust anonymous sources, as their are too many potential conflicts of interest, but agree that starting Bailey at SS is the only real option after releasing Martin/Lambert.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The Outfield":2zvtf4eg said:
I think the problem is that Kam has already said flat out that he will not be back without a change in his contract. Now if he were to come back, he'd be illustrating his word means nothing. So maybe he's had thoughts about coming back but realizes he's dug himself a deep hole with his words.

Well....he wouldn't be the first man who has been "hung by the tongue"!

morgulon1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":372sgkjo said:
morgulon1":372sgkjo said:

Godspeed Kam Chancellor! Godspeed!

GODSPEED ! Kam Chancellor GODSPEED !!