"That Bailey kid is good, man"--NFL personnel guru

morgulon1

Reaction score
Phoenix":3ilo1xf5 said:
morgulon1":3ilo1xf5 said:
Sometimes I like to lay in my bath tub and fill it with only an inch or two of water, then I pretend I am a beached whale...

LOL wut? :shock:

(but I DO get the analogy) it just made me laugh

Thank you sir. ;)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
These are the plays by Dion Bailey that were mentioned in another discussion. It has been the glaring hole in his game that has been evident since he was playing SLB in the Pac-12.

OrnerySmugAbyssiniancat.gif

chris98251

Reaction score
Not knowing the exact assignments on those plays it looks like Bailey was covering the flat, the first example it looks like he bit on a fake, the rest it looks like the over the top coverage was too deep.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
chris98251":2pjsj8y5 said:
Not knowing the exact assignments on those plays it looks like Bailey was covering the flat, the first example it looks like he bit on a fake, the rest it looks like the over the top coverage was too deep.

Generally, deficient positioning in space.

mikeak

Reaction score
kearly":5nzkwzpt said:
Kam is banking on the team getting desperate after a rough start to the season. I would bet that if the team starts 4-0, he'll accept that his gamble failed and cut his losses.

I also think that in Kam's mind, he believes that the FO will forgive his fines, even if they say they won't.

I think you are right which doesn't help in the opinion of the fans

So what he is saying is he believes the team will do poorly without him and he is fine with that to make more money for himself.

Pretty sure Pete doesn't like the attitude either.

If he had one year left or was franchised or whatever else I would be ok with it. Having played one year in a four year deal and making a statement that he doesn't care about the team that pays him.... Yeah not acceptable

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":2fhc0ow5 said:
Kam is banking on the team getting desperate after a rough start to the season. I would bet that if the team starts 4-0, he'll accept that his gamble failed and cut his losses.

I also think that in Kam's mind, he believes that the FO will forgive his fines, even if they say they won't.
I'm not sure about the first but I'm totally sure on the second.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Cartire":3p8k1b3u said:
Part of me believes this is more negotiating tactics by the FO. While Bailey looked serviceable, I just dont see the reason for all the constant praising of him. It screams, "LOOK KAM, WE HAVE AN AMAZING PLAYER READY TO TAKE YOUR POSITION!! LOOK KAAAMMM!!"

While I don't disagree with you at all, I think a lot of people are taking this out of context.

Kam's rookie year, he couldn't beat out an old Milloy and some draft analysts were saying it was a wasted draft pick. People are comparing Kam NOW to Dion Bailey now, and it's unfair. Kam NOW is obviously better than Kam THEN. So, looking at Bailey NOW compared to Kam THEN, it's not an unfavorable comparison. Actually, there are a ton of parallells: both looked great againt the run, flew around and made big hits, and were a bit slow and out of position in coverage.

As for the rest of what the exec said, it was spot on: there's no one that is going to pay a king's ransom for a SS already making 7M a year that is currently holding out for more money. And he wouldn't go to a team like the Giants that really need him, and could bite the Hawks in the ass later on. La Canfora talked to some execs; I'm not going to call his anonymous source BS.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
"That Bailey kid is good, man."

Did anyone else read that in the voice of Frank Caliendo's impersonation of Jon Gruden?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Love to know why this particular personnel guru didn't have him picked as an early draft pick and why he went undrafted if this guy really thinks he's that good?

Bailey to me presently is reasonably solid in run support but can take poor angles to the tackle, but he hits hard. He's a bit slow in recognition in pass protection and learning and also occasionally takes poor angles to the tackle. The more he plays the better he looks but he is not that fast and that is a limiting feature. He may turn out to be a very capable replacement for Kam after he plays a bit more.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how you are comparing this:
ThisAcceptableAracari

To This . . .
PowerlessSelfreliantEmeraldtreeskink

Bailey is not half the player that Kam is, even when Kam is playing on a bum knee.

Shead also had a poor game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Well, one guy tripped and the other got beat. I wasn't posting gifs last year to rag on kam.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
The dude fell down. It happens. I don't think he'll make a habit out of it.