"That Bailey kid is good, man"--NFL personnel guru

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":hszwyxib said:
Well, one guy tripped and the other got beat. I wasn't posting gifs last year to rag on kam.

If Kam had been healthy on that play, instead of playing on a bum knee, he would have easily broken on the ball and smacked Gates, jarring the ball loose.

Bailey fell down because he lost position and was trying to recover. It is a continual theme of his playing career, dating back to when he was at SC.

sc85sis

Reaction score
northseahawk":dpiqhqx0 said:
One got beat by a HOFer the other got beat by an unknowner
One is playing in his first NFL game, used poor technique and also had his cleat catch in the turf.

The other is an all pro who was playing at less than full physical health.

Both got burned.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1zt7sn48 said:
The dude fell down. It happens. I don't think he'll make a habit out of it.
He was already beat though. That guru quote smacks of "Don't throw me in the brier patch brear bear".

Rocket

Reaction score
Ole...

hawknation2015":2bwofvet said:
OldConsiderateCygnet.gif

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bailey allowed a perfect passer rating to his area: four receptions on four attempts, 14.3 yards per reception, 17 yards after the catch with a missed tackle, and of course the 37-yard TD. 158.3 QB rating against.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, if a certain person actually cared about someone other than himself, he would have been in there yesterday.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3o565zp9 said:
Bailey allowed a perfect passer rating to his area: four receptions on four attempts, 14.3 yards per reception, 17 yards after the catch with a missed tackle, and of course the 37-yard TD. 158.3 QB rating against.
Tough first game. Hopefully he learns quickly and can play like the seasoned vet the Hawks need him to be. Adversity can bring out the best in a player. He's on the right team and around the right group of guys to bring that out.

Let's go Dion... you got this, man.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sherry fell down in the playoff game vs ATL...does that mean he can't cover?

You mean to tell me if a guy trips, not got beat, but trips, he'll never be anything?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3dgc0klr said:

You mean to tell me if a guy trips, not got beat, but trips, he'll never be anything?

As others pointed out, he was already beaten and out of position by the time he fell down. That's one of four receptions he allowed, all of which resulted in yards after the catch.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3uvobkm5 said:
Hawkfan77":3uvobkm5 said:

As others pointed out, he was already beaten and out of position by the time he fell down. That's one of four receptions he allowed, all of which resulted in yards after the catch.

Just working on his kick step.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
I feel bad for him. He clearly wanted to be the guy. I'm not going to assume at this point that he isn't capable, but he sure looked defeated after that play. The best thing he can do is learn from error and fix it. Nobody is perfect. He isn't to blame for the loss. Many things went wrong. Sh*t happens. We'll see if he can come back from this.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Man that ball was a wobbly duck too. Like I said it looks like he was already beaten of the line and fell attempting to catch up. Had he been in good position that is likely a game saving pick.

Latest posts