Seahawks underestimation or Seahawks sickness?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...bowl-50-predictions-packers-colts-among-picks

You can see in the video that Dave and Elliott both react almost disgusted to another Seahawks SB win. Simply dismissing the Hawks for no apparent reason. They talk about how we're weaker than before even with the Graham addition and the stellar draft class, while the loss of Packers' WR1 Jordy Nelson doesn't seem to matter one bit. Same with the Colts, they still have a horrendous defense but they don't seem to care.

It really reminds me of our Superbowl win against the Broncos. The analysts all said that even though we had a good defense, a good offense would always triumph. Well, we saw how that one turned out didn't we?

Do the analysts simply dislike our team due to our eccentric players. Do they rather have Brady or Rodgers represent the NFL as the perfect sons-in-law than "thugs" like Marshawn or Sherm? Or do they just in general dislike a defensive play style? While I fell in love with our hard hitting style of defense and even prefer it over watching the offense some people might just really like QBs exclusively slinging deep balls. Is it that they don't like a team other than the Patriots having a succesful streak for a few consecutive years? Or maybe they actually think we regressed?

Help me out here guys, because I'm not sure what to make of this.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
They appear disgusted because its such an obvious pick, going with a team that has represented their conference two years in a row in the Superbowl, both times as number one seeds. The roster has kept most of the key talent, added some explosive rookies and injuries have so far been kind.

Lets go Hawks!

OP
OP
Overseasfan

Overseasfan

Reaction score
That is the weird part. In the vid he's raving on about how the Packers are superior to the Hawks and that while you shouldn't count the Hawks out they probably won't win. Bit of a hypocrite.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Did not read of watch it...but the more we have a chip on our shoulder.....the bettah. :mrgreen:

Team Patera

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":34e8l6eo said:
Did not read of watch it...but the more we have a chip on our shoulder.....the bettah. :mrgreen:
Ya...even when we win we lose....I think the experts are tired of the Seahawks awesomeness year after year. :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It does seem like several analysts and the nation in general dislikes our team. Guess that comes with success.

I have to stop reading the comments section on sports articles and Facebook nfl posts. Fans sincerely hate our team and fanbase

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
Followthelegion":2oexfdu1 said:
They appear disgusted because its such an obvious pick, going with a team that has represented their conference two years in a row in the Superbowl, both times as number one seeds. The roster has kept most of the key talent, added some explosive rookies and injuries have so far been kind.

Lets go Hawks!
Exactly, disgusted with picking the low hanging fruit; "don't give me the obvious, give me something I can chew on".

12thbrah

Reaction score
Price of success. Picking the Hawks is the obvious choice and not the most exciting one if you are an NFL analyst. When the Hawks win 2 more Super Bowls the haterade will reach Patriots and Cowboys level.

StoneCold

Reaction score
But if the Packers were the low hanging fruit, these guys would be having a Rodgers love fest. So, even though they pick the Hawks they don't love the Hawks. That's ok cuz I do.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2mypy3wy said:
It does seem like several analysts and the nation in general dislikes our team. Guess that comes with success.

I have to stop reading the comments section on sports articles and Facebook nfl posts. Fans sincerely hate our team and fanbase

Isnt it great?

How many years were we irrelevant? A joke.

I love being hated. It means we are a force that intimidates other franchises and fanbases.

gargantual

Reaction score
We're not one of the old "storied" franchises that have been around for a hundred years so most people outside of the Pacific Northwest still can't accept that we've "arrived". To their eyes, we're still the "Chicken-Hawks" or whatever derogatory, dismissive name they can come up with to discount us. And like Hawkpower eluded we've been considered a joke for a large majority of our history.

Even when you consider how amazing the run we had during Chuck Knox's era in the eighties, I think it also has something to do with the east coast bias since we came into the league as a new franchise the same time as the Buccaneers but they don't elicit the same derision that always comes at the Hawks.

Another factor is probably a holdover from the Holmgren era, and people want to still think of us as a wussie finesse team. Not sure how this can still be the case after WINNING A SUPERBOWL with a completely smothering, historically amazing defense. But the bottom line is that we're still considered somewhat as "johnny come lately's" who many still want to dismiss.

To me it bespeaks of jealousy more than anything else at this point.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Former scouts/players picked us to be in it. Elliot Harrison is a word that I can't use here. Colleen Wolfe is so hot I don't care who she picks.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Harrison has usually ranked the Hawks in his top three for the last three years. Never thought of him as a hater.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":13sb5wrj said:
Former scouts/players picked us to be in it. Elliot Harrison is a word that I can't use here. Colleen Wolfe is so hot I don't care who she picks.

Colleen is indeed a hottie, and yes, she can pick whomever she wants. The deal sealer here is her spare time/hobbies interests, she makes BINDERS. #Keeper.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I didn't watch the video. But in the article, out of 13 prognosticators, 5 predicted a Seahawks appearance in the Super Bowl, with 3 of them pickup us to win it all.

I guess I don't get the hate. Even the Packers were only mentioned six times.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
12thbrah":34lri1ye said:
Price of success. Picking the Hawks is the obvious choice and not the most exciting one if you are an NFL analyst. When the Hawks win 2 more Super Bowls the haterade will reach Patriots and Cowboys level.
I live for that day.

kearly

Reaction score
Dameshek's reaction is hard to figure out given that he actually picked the Seahawks to win the SB. Maybe he changed his vote to Seahawks after hearing his co-host's compelling argument? Dameshek is a cool dude, but he's more of a comedian at heart than a football guy.

Harrison has ALWAYS had a chip on his shoulder against the Seahawks, even the year he (correctly) picked them to win the SB he was jumping at every opportunity to cast aspersions on the team that season. As such, he's gotten a ton of hate from 12s, he's said a few times that he gets more hate from Seahawks fans than any other fanbase. So I think his hatred for Seahawks fans is probably showing itself here.

I personally see the NFC and AFC as being wide open until the Seahawks answer some question marks on offense and in the secondary.

I think Billick had the smartest prediction, I just hope he's wrong about the final moments.

kearly

Reaction score
BlueTalon":2b8w1xv1 said:
I didn't watch the video. But in the article, out of 13 prognosticators, 5 predicted a Seahawks appearance in the Super Bowl, with 3 of them pickup us to win it all.

I guess I don't get the hate. Even the Packers were only mentioned six times.

I don't see it as hate either, bias would be a much better word. The media has always had a tremendous bias towards golden boy QBs. The Packer picks I can forgive, but the Colts are a paper tiger and won't sniff a SB until they fix that defense.

Latest posts