Info on Kasen Williams please

Renohawk

Reaction score
So, being in Reno, I haven't seen any preseason games and I keep reading about Kasen Williams possibly making the team. Being a UW guy, i've watched this kid for years and the last few have been very disappointing after his injury. What is all the hype i'm reading on him about? Thanks in advance.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He shows the ability to make catches it traffic when bodied up on. Unlike Lockette who can't catch a ball of a defender us within 2 yards.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I'll put it this way, if they keep Lockette over Williams or Smith I am going to be pissed.

Lockette just doesn't cut it for me. I'm tired of him making the team based solely on his special teams prowess as a gunner. We are wasting a WR spot because he makes a few great plays on special teams every season.

Time to move on. I like both Williams and Smith a lot.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ydj6eh5u said:
I'll put it this way, if they keep Lockette over Williams or Smith I am going to be pissed.

Lockette just doesn't cut it for me. I'm tired of him making the team based solely on his special teams prowess as a gunner. We are wasting a WR spot because he makes a few great plays on special teams every season.

Lockette looked like crap against the 3rd and 4th team.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ehigzecn said:

I agree with everything said here.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Totally agree. I saw multiple times last night where Lockette is a second defender on the ball, instead of challenging to make the catch. Now, maybe the ball was not thrown in the exact perfect spot to make the catch, but I didn't see a lot of WR prowess...rather batting the ball down.

Kasen Williams made a tremendous catch on a TD grab. Along with Lockette's bonehead penalty last night that probably cost him a job, I'd say there's enough supporting evidence to say Williams has a solid shot at making the 53.

capncrunch

Reaction score
It seemed to me Lockette was getting reps last night to give him a chance to keep his job vs the young guys. I think he'll be cut.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think the same thing as both Williams and Smith have higher upsides and are cheaper and under potential team control longer.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Up until I checked the depth chart just now, I thought everybody on the board who was talking about Lockett was talking about Lockette--I just had an acid flashback.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Lockette isn't going to be cut...he is too valuable as a gunner.

I am hoping Kasen at least makes the practice squad (my kids go to/went to Skyline).

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
andyh64000":1zq3h84i said:

I am hoping Kasen at least makes the practice squad (my kids go to/went to Skyline).

We can develop another gunner. It's a waste of a roster spot at this point because Lockette the receiver is MEH.

Anthony!

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2tia973f said:

Agreed I like Williams, big, fast, a baller. Like Smith too but if I had to choose I would go Williams.

My Wr would be

Baldwin 5-11
Lockett 6-0
Williams 6-2
Kearse? 6-2
Matthews 6-5
Smith or BJ(only because of versatility) 6-0 or 5-11 depending

Richardson PUP 6-0

chris98251

Reaction score
As far as a Gunner goes, we have Pinkins and some other really fast guys as well, that position can be filled more easily since yes it's speed but mentality also.

rcaido

Reaction score
Does backup WR really matter, we hardly throw the ball anyway to our starters. I think gunner is important, Lockette has proven himself. As for WR he hasn't been bad for us, he catches balls when he's open unlike Kearse.

I was impress with Williams & Smith, i hope both make it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We should cut Lockette simply because Russ said he'd throw it to him again at the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl. Remove all temptation

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1infngvr said:
andyh64000":1infngvr said:

We can develop another gunner. It's a waste of a roster spot at this point because Lockette the receiver is MEH.

Jeremy Lane is as good if not better than Lockette. He should be back in six weeks and I am sure we have players on the roster that can play the role until then.

I would keep Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Mathews, Smith, & Williams and I would also consider keeping BJ Daniels over Tjack. Our oline might struggle against good D-lines that we are going to be facing this season. if we do ever need our backup QB to play a meaningful game then Daniels has the mobility to run around & make something happen.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Kasen has looked great. Physical receiver, solid route running, strong hands to make the tough catch.

I would still rate Kevin Smith ahead of him, as he is a faster, more fluid receiver with an insane catching radius. Smith has also looked a little more active on special teams to my eye.

Seafan

Reaction score
Anthony!":yctv6cb1 said:
FlyingGreg":yctv6cb1 said:

Agreed I like Williams, big, fast, a baller. Like Smith too but if I had to choose I would go Williams.

My Wr would be

Baldwin 5-11
Lockett 6-0
Williams 6-2
Kearse? 6-2
Matthews 6-5
Smith or BJ(only because of versatility) 6-0 or 5-11 depending

Richardson PUP 6-0

Baldwin 5-10
Lockett 5-10
Williams 6-1
Kearse 6-1
Matthews 6-5

FIFY

nategreat

Reaction score
rcaido":2gpio09j said:
Does backup WR really matter, we hardly throw the ball anyway to our starters. I think gunner is important, Lockette has proven himself. As for WR he hasn't been bad for us, he catches balls when he's open unlike Kearse.

I was impress with Williams & Smith, i hope both make it.

Ricardo is that you? rcaido....ricado....ricardo... hmmmmmm