Info on Kasen Williams please

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The tackling technique that Kevin Smith and Kasen Williams have displayed is better than Lockette, who does not always wrap up and tends to just run head first into the returner, hoping that his momentum will flatten him.

Lockette also has a missed tackle on special teams this preseason, while neither Kevin Smith nor Kasen Williams have missed a tackle. And Lockette had that dumb penalty yesterday.

rcaido

Reaction score
nategreat":wjeoy5m3 said:
rcaido":wjeoy5m3 said:
Does backup WR really matter, we hardly throw the ball anyway to our starters. I think gunner is important, Lockette has proven himself. As for WR he hasn't been bad for us, he catches balls when he's open unlike Kearse.

I was impress with Williams & Smith, i hope both make it.

Ricardo is that you? rcaido....ricado....ricardo... hmmmmmm

Got me

olyfan63

Reaction score
jake206":fert8t0o said:
I think we'll try to sneak him on Practice squad.

I don't think Kasen Williams would clear waivers to make it to Practice Squad. Other teams have seen his tape and someone picks him up. I think he has to be on the 53 to keep him. We'll find out soon...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":atfrpdfs said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dannyoneil/status/640247939697238016[/tweet]

If Kevin Smith makes it, then I think that's a good choice. Smith is more explosive, has a better catching radius, and is even better on special teams.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully they find a way to keep Kasen. Maybe he gets signed to PS. He has tremendous potential and I think he's going to have a better NFL career than he did in college.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1m09n3so said:
Hopefully they find a way to keep Kasen. Maybe he gets signed to PS. He has tremendous potential and I think's going to have a better NFL career than he did in college.

I could see a WR-needy team like the Browns taking a look at him. But hopefully he makes it to the PS. I thought he looked really good when he was on the field.

Exittium

Reaction score
The Browns... They've had a great habbit of snagging a lot of people we cut

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Matthews is the only WR on the team who would have a bigger catching radius than Kasen, but regardless, Smith is still a good player and definitely worthy of considering keeping on the team.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
vin.couve12":csadvfsc said:
Matthews is the only WR on the team who would have a bigger catching radius than Kasen, but regardless, Smith is still a good player and definitely worthy of considering keeping on the team.

I disagree, because Kevin Smith has a unique ability to go up and stretch his long arms to catch the ball at its highest point. He also has a higher vertical than Kasen. When I have time, I may post some videos.

Rob12

Reaction score
Kasen's gone. Probably already flying over Eastern Washington right now, en route to Cleveland.

Fade

Reaction score
Baldwin
Lockett
Matthews
Kearse
K. Smith
K. Williams

are the 6 best receivers on the team. When factoring in club control and Seattle's Salary Cap going forward I would take Kasen Williams 4 years of club control over Ricardo Lockette's 1 year, but alas the Seahawks really love Ricardo so they inexplicably are going to waive Kasen.

P.S. I hate the Huskies so there is no homer slant towards Kasen. I just see a big physical receiver that looks like he has finally recovered from his injuries in college, and the Hawks have a potential steal on their hands, and they're going to flush it down the toilet for Ricardo Lockette. :pukeface:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Fade":3jnnlewn said:
Baldwin
Lockett
Matthews
Kearse
K. Smith
K. Williams

are the 6 best receivers on the team. When factoring in club control and Seattle's Salary Cap going forward I would take Kasen Williams 4 years of club control over Ricardo Lockette's 1 year, but alas the Seahawks really love Ricardo so they inexplicably are going to waive Kasen.

P.S. I hate the Huskies so there is no homer slant towards Kasen. I just see a big physical receiver that looks like he has finally recovered from his injuries in college, and the Hawks have a potential steel on their hands, and they're going to flush it down the toilet for Ricardo Lockette. :pukeface:

Have you seen this? Hope he squeaks by and makes the practice squad.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1rrfg90b said:
Fade":1rrfg90b said:
Baldwin
Lockett
Matthews
Kearse
K. Smith
K. Williams

P.S. I hate the Huskies so there is no homer slant towards Kasen. I just see a big physical receiver that looks like he has finally recovered from his injuries in college, and the Hawks have a potential steal on their hands, and they're going to flush it down the toilet for Ricardo Lockette. :pukeface:

Have you seen this? Hope he squeaks by and makes the practice squad.

Yep, and of course I'm hoping no one claims him, but you know teams around the league fawn over SEA prospects. I don't think it's worth dangling a prospect that can be a potential #2 WR in the NFL for a 29 yr old career special teamer that is a FA at the end of the year.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Williams is also a very good blocker, which makes him a good fit for our offense, especially since two of our top 3 receivers are pretty small.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut Lockette even if they are also cutting Williams. BJ Daniels would get the 6th spot.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kasen Williams will be on the PS. Again, hometown fans overvaluing him. There are numerous WR's out there that are similar to Kasen.

And this is coming from someone who likes him.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2pcwi45e said:
Kasen Williams will be on the PS. Again, hometown fans overvaluing him. There are numerous WR's out there that are similar to Kasen.

And this is coming from someone who likes him.

Darn, I didn't remember him (don't follow UW football that closely) much from college, just really, really impressed with a couple plays he made in the preseason. It was only because of his play for the 'Hawks that it brought back memories of how dominant he was in an Apple Cup game. "Oh yeah, that's the same dude that owned the Cougar DBs' in the Apple Cup for the winning Husky TD!"

So I don't think I'm *personally* overvaluing him as a hometown kid; just going by the NFL-level plays he made in preseason. I also don't really know his injury history and extent, so I could be overvaluing his recovery from that. I'd heard about his injuries, but the plays he made, made me think, "Isn't that the dude that's supposed to be all washed up cuz of his horrific knee injuries? What the hell is he doing making plays and looking like a legit NFL receiver?" And then he made NFL-level plays again, and again, and the obvious conclusion was, "I guess he must be recovered enough from whatever injuries, to play at an NFL level!"

So we'll see what happens, with clearing waivers, and roster and Practice Squad, etc. I just find myself rooting for him to be a Seahawk.

Latest posts