Hawks release DT Staten & LB Johnson; sign 2

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just saw that on the App. Interesting that they keep bringing in DB's this off season.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, well, I think this is insurance against Thomas not doing as well as we think, and Kam's holdout. Hard to find scrap heap players right now, with all of the rosters expanded for camp.

Not super worried yet. I suspect they will continue to search. DL and LB corps are in pretty good shape, I don't think anybody anticipates any surprises of note there.

Basis4day

Reaction score
kidhawk":12hnhbqy said:
Just saw that on the App. Interesting that they keep bringing in DB's this off season.

The D line and LB units are pretty strong. Seisay got knicked up and they need bodies at that position until final roster and Kam's return. If they're just cutting and swapping DB's i'd be more concerned. Thats how i read it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Basis4day":dp6uk49k said:
kidhawk":dp6uk49k said:

The D line and LB units are pretty strong. Seisay got knicked up and they need bodies at that position until final roster and Kam's return. If they're just cutting and swapping DB's i'd be more concerned. Thats how i read it.

And Blackmon is knicked too. So thats another DB

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Not that I had him down as a lock, but sort of surprised they released Staten. He looked pretty good in the first practice game.

Reaction score
Basis4day":3dx8ghjp said:
kidhawk":3dx8ghjp said:

And Blackmon is knicked too. So thats another DB
kidhawk":3dx8ghjp said:

The D line and LB units are pretty strong. Seisay got knicked up and they need bodies at that position until final roster and Kam's return. If they're just cutting and swapping DB's i'd be more concerned. Thats how ib8fs read it.
hi "'

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":q32ysc7t said:
kidhawk":q32ysc7t said:

Not concerned really, as I expect Kam, Sherm and Thomas to all be back and raring to go for the start of the season (at least that's what I'm thinking as of now). I just find it interesting that we are looking at so many DB's this off season. I'm sure it is mostly to do with injuries, it's just not the position I expected to see a lot of bodies in camp

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":2dx0wrap said:
Basis4day":2dx0wrap said:
kidhawk":2dx0wrap said:

Not concerned really, as I expect Kam, Sherm and Thomas to all be back and raring to go for the start of the season (at least that's what I'm thinking as of now). I just find it interesting that we are looking at so many DB's this off season. I'm sure it is mostly to do with injuries, it's just not the position I expected to see a lot of bodies in camp
Well, one could say that DB injuries and losses were a big part of losing to the Patsies. We were nowhere near as strong in the back end as we were earlier in the season. I kind of expected some moves to improve depth.

Plus, I agree that Kam, Sherm, and Thomas will probably be back and raring to go by Game 1.

Jville

Reaction score
Jeremy Crayton and Keelan Johnson background summary >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/8/17/9166333/seahawks-jeremy-crayton-and-keelan-johnson-release-jimmy-staten?utm_campaign=fieldgulls&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter[/urltargetblank]

sutz

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3cgj56zg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/633325378094759936[/tweet]

That sounds promising.

Jville

Reaction score
One hour latter .......
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/633342352531152896[/tweet]

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":3guyzxm2 said:
One hour latter .......

Good lord! :34853_doh:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Jville":1jbqj4lg said:
One hour latter .......

Dammit.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":lqw1te0e said:
Jville":lqw1te0e said:
One hour latter .......

Dammit.

Pete said Simon is ready to practice, but they will bring him back slowly. Should play in the 3rd preseason game if everything goes well.