So what's the plan for backup qb?

northseahawk

Reaction score
Don't we need a 3rd qb for preseason? What if Archer gets injured then who goes in?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Right now the assumption is that Daniels is the emergency qb, but I'm sure Pete and John or making some sort of decision on the matter, even if it means just bringing in a camp body.

AgentDib

Reaction score
His experience as a QB is probably the strongest reason for Daniels to surprise fans and make the roster. If he can contribute in a small way at WR and on special teams while also being an emergency QB option then he could spend the season on the inactive list as insurance against Russ or TJack having a minor injury.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Watching practice and they were showing the qb's taking snaps and right now it's only Wilson and Archer, so they obviously haven't made any unannounced signings so far

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3caj1c88 said:
Tarvaris will only probably miss the first 4 regular season games or so. Archer will be fine backing up Russ for a month.

I thought T Jack was only supposed to be out for 2 weeks. :?

kidhawk

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2yqbn18y said:
peachesenregalia":2yqbn18y said:
Tarvaris will only probably miss the first 4 regular season games or so. Archer will be fine backing up Russ for a month.

I thought T Jack was only supposed to be out for 2 weeks. :?

That is what Pete said, but his history with injuries is usually pretty optimistic, and he said it admittedly not having all the details.

As long as he's back in time for game 1, I don't think it's really an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a camp body signed if for not other reason than for extra reps for the receivers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":hvgjgc9g said:
Matt Flynn is available...

Flynn isn't going to come to a place where he's a band aid until T-Jack gets healthy. If he signs with a team, it's for an opportunity to be THE backup for an entire season.

sutz

Reaction score
I hope they bring in a camp arm. With our WR corps in a bit of flux (potentially) it will take some reps to sort out. I should think they'd be worried about tired arms for Wilson and Archer.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I don't know why people joke about Flynn. He beat out Tjack in training camp the one year they went toe to toe. They'd never bring him back because he didn't buy in. Tjack does. It's not about talent.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Daniels is taking some QB snaps according to beat writers on twitter.

sutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":1zy0ll8h said:
Kind of a bad thing, since he needs work at his other jobs. :229031_shrug:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":21m3ddw9 said:

They must have been doing that off to the side or at the very least, not on camera. There was a qb drill on camera today (Seahawks.com) and it was only Wilson and Archer participating.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Flynn can't throw more than 10 passes a day or his arm falls off. Let's get Vick!

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/633348604766261248[/tweet]

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":tp8xst5m said:
DavidSeven":tp8xst5m said:

Flynn isn't going to come to a place where he's a band aid until T-Jack gets healthy. If he signs with a team, it's for an opportunity to be THE backup for an entire season.

I wasn't being serious, though getting a guy who is familiar with your playbook and can at least manage an offense probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. This is relative to the bottom of the barrel that we'd be faced with for QB prospects.

Would be glad to see BJ get those reps though.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I say give Archer a chance at back up. He didn't play too bad during the first preseason game and supposedly at training camp he's been fairly decent.

El Caliente

Reaction score
DavidSeven":xu35l7g1 said:
Has one player ever made as long a career off of one game as Flynn has off of that one game as a Packer where he lit up the Lions like a Christmas tree?