So what's the plan for backup qb?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Pete said in his press conference that they looked at someone today, but BJ will go in as the third quarterback for now. Said he's still going to work as a receiver and get a few reps at qb everyday.

Tical21

Reaction score
We need a third arm because if Archer gets hurt in a game, you don't want to throw Russ back in.

I'm fine with Daniels. If the first game is any indication, the odds of him making the roster as a WR or returner are about 0.

nrayorr

Reaction score
I think Archer did pretty well. There were a couple of times that he was smart enough to throw away the ball rather than take a loss. He was slightly greater than 50% in passing. To tell you the truth he did better than Tjack. Don't get me wrong, I have mad respect for Tjack because he has the locker room and what he did in 2011 when he played through that injury. My main concern in the O-line. I'd like to see the same kind of o-line we had in Super Bowl 48. Russ had all day to pass. However, Denver had our number in the running game.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
B.J. Daniels' value increased threefold with TJ's high ankle sprain. He excels on special teams as well as anyone, he is a decent WR, and now he is an emergency option at QB. I think he has a shot to make the 53, at least until Richardson returns or TJ is fully healed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2sktaf5x said:
kidhawk":2sktaf5x said:
JAGHAWK":2sktaf5x said:
peachesenregalia":2sktaf5x said:
Tarvaris will only probably miss the first 4 regular season games or so. Archer will be fine backing up Russ for a month.

I thought T Jack was only supposed to be out for 2 weeks. :?

That is what Pete said, but his history with injuries is usually pretty optimistic, and he said it admittedly not having all the details.

As long as he's back in time for game 1, I don't think it's really an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a camp body signed if for not other reason than for extra reps for the receivers.

Just to clarify - I was speculating after hearing it was an ankle sprain. If Pete says two weeks, then he may only miss game one at worst. I don't see a need to bring in anyone else for that potential eventuality.

Pete also said it was a high ankle sprain and that guys deal with that differently. I've seen guys out 8 weeks with a high ankle sprain, and I saw Luke Willson come back from a high ankle last year in under 2 weeks.

kidhawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1i0yeke3 said:
kidhawk":1i0yeke3 said:
JAGHAWK":1i0yeke3 said:
peachesenregalia":1i0yeke3 said:
Tarvaris will only probably miss the first 4 regular season games or so. Archer will be fine backing up Russ for a month.

I thought T Jack was only supposed to be out for 2 weeks. :?

That is what Pete said, but his history with injuries is usually pretty optimistic, and he said it admittedly not having all the details.

As long as he's back in time for game 1, I don't think it's really an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a camp body signed if for not other reason than for extra reps for the receivers.

Just to clarify - I was speculating after hearing it was an ankle sprain. If Pete says two weeks, then he may only miss game one at worst. I don't see a need to bring in anyone else for that potential eventuality.

It's not totally uncalled for to think pete can be a bit optimistic when it comes to injuries I wouldn't be opposed to us bringing in a camp arm. We definitely don't want to overwork Russell, and Archer can't throw to everybody. WR need work too. Pete did say that Daniels is getting some reps at qb daily while continuing his reps at WR, so I think we're ok for now, but if they brought someone in simply to throw the ball around in practice, I wouldn't be opposed.

Donn2390

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1r0j4o7b said:
Matt Flynn is available...
I was once a fan, but I have no idea how he has remained in football for so long, as terrible as he has proven to be.
In any case, I suggest they get him back as a disaster qb, and he should sign for free, since he stole so much money on his first visit.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1u0p7gjy said:
Wonder what Jake Locker has been up to.. :0190l:
I actually like this idea. Get him off the couch for a few weeks.

Reaction score
"......maker my words"
Matt Barkley (USC golden boy) WILL be available by the end of pre-season.
Soon to be released by Philly, this guy has been TOTALLY mis-used in their system !!!
Could Pete take a shot with him as our 3rd stringer / back-up ????
:stirthepot:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
glowingeyedseahawk":1jgksl5k said:
"......maker my words"
Soon to be released by Philly, this guy has been TOTALLY mis-used in their system !!!

Could we Practice squad him??

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2kormtcy said:
glowingeyedseahawk":2kormtcy said:
"......maker my words"

Could we Practice squad him??

Why ??
I know he's probably not as mobile as people would like, but how long will T-Jack be with us......??
Time is NOW to start looking.......
Barkley had all the tools @ USC and really has been given NO SHOT in Philly.
They are all in for "Tebow Time" - - -
.....their current QB's are Bradford, Tebow, Sanchez, & Barkley..... :229031_confused2:

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Sounds like they might have signed Jake Waters

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/633445638882000897[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/633443658612633600[/tweet]