Kris Richards defense

Chawker

Reaction score
I thought with no LOB he did a good job on his first outing. Being pre-season and all. We didn't blitz much and he didn't give teams much to read into. Sure we lost but we were battling in the end.

Speaking of "Blitz" he look like he was in mid season shape, calling that incomplete pass. Kodos my feathered friend.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawker":3o0kvr0z said:
I thought with no LOB he did a good job on his first outing. Being pre-season and all. We didn't blitz much and he didn't give teams much to read into. Sure we lost but we were battling in the end.

Speaking of "Blitz" he look like he was in mid season shape, calling that incomplete pass. Kodos my feathered friend.
Yeah for missing the LOB, playing a vanilla defense, and most of the line and LB's out he did decent.
But it's kind of hard to judge when your trying not to show anything.

Fade

Reaction score
Kris Richard did a fine job. My 1 critique would be more man, less cover 3 when offenses start dinking & dunking.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Fade":tbfhwcje said:
Kris Richard did a fine job. My 1 critique would be more man, less cover 3 when offenses start dinking & dunking.

I agree although I don't think Os' gets away with all those dinks over the middle if Kamtrack and Wagz are in there. Maybe a couple but one stolen soul and the alligator arms come out. Seriously though, the way to stop those quick dinks is pressing and knocking those inside guys off their routes disrupting the timing.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seattle's defense for the past several years has been very simple... and VERY effective principally because of the elite talent in the LOB.

When none of the LOB is playing, the four backups don't have the athleticism or the experience to dominate any offense. They are trying to learn to play in backup roles in the event that Sherm, Kam, Earl or Cary Williams has to sit a play or two. If Kris Richard didn't have Sherm, Kam and Earl on the team, he would scheme much, much more that he plans to in 2015.

Frankly, I'm not surprised at all by the way that Denver moved the ball in the air on our defense.

But I also don't understand how well they ran the ball with such an inexperienced O-line.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2teuxxlb said:
But I also don't understand how well they ran the ball with such an inexperienced O-line.

This.

We can make excuses for no LOB, thus making Osweiler looking like Manning in his prime. But sorry, our 2nd string D-line against 2nd and 3rd string O-lineman should not have been giving up 10 yards a run for most of the game.

Other than Clark, I saw a LOT of undisciplined lineman getting pushed around and getting out of their gaps. Marsh is a good player, but he looked like Irvin did in year #1, jumping out of position focusing on making plays more than doing his job setting the edge. I hope this gets cleaned up.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1gwfis7b said:

Kubiak builds great offensive lines and they are deep at RB. He did it at Houston as HC and at Baltimore as the OC.

Latest posts