Just watched the 2014 Denver game again....

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
...and our offensive line was poor in that game too. Britt got demolished by Von Miller on a big sack. There were issues constantly in the first quarter.

And but for a late defensive meltdown that took the game to overtime, Seattle totally controlled the Broncos and were well on the way to a big win before the late drama.

Thought I'd just mention it for some perspective.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I know it was week one of pre season Peaches but it doesn't really matter. The point I'm making is in a proper game that we dominated our O line started in a similar fashion but grew into the game. So anyone panicking about what they saw last night... Who's to say the same thing wouldn't have happened if they hadn't pulled the starters?

And we also had Bailey at LT for a chunk of that 2014 contest because Okung left the game. They still dominated for the most part.

kearly

Reaction score
We've seen some games Seattle WON where their offensive line couldn't stop anyone. The Rams in 2013, or the Texans in 2013. Seattle is equipped to win ugly. The problem is, those fistfight type games also make up pretty much 100% of the teams losses. I think there is a very real risk that these chaotic / ugly type games could become too common in 2015, and if so, that could shave off a win or two.

mikeak

Reaction score
I only remember one Denver game from the 2014 season and pretty sure Seahawks crushed them in that game....

themunn

Reaction score
I remember we played Denver 3 times in 2014 and lost once

Shame about that game

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I can live with heavy-ish pressure (and will always expect it under the Cable ZBS regime), but I'm not sure this team could survive an entire season of games like the 2013 Rams/Texans games. To me, it's not really about evaluating preseason game 1. I think that game merely confirmed some fears, namely that we don't have much talent on that line. At least in years past, our best case OL wasn't too shabby. How good can we expect Bailey, Britt and some journeymen centers to be this year? Mid-round OL prospects and DL converts don't come into the league as studs, so we're left with the starters we got. Of them, Russell Okung is basically the only pass-blocking talent. So, even at full health, we're not exactly trotting out a legit pro lineup.

But you raise a fair overall point. Seattle has won under these circumstances before. I don't think they need an overhaul. But I do think they're short at least one player, be it an experienced center, an effective guard, or an elite blocking tight end.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DavidSeven":k86ddqin said:
I think that game merely confirmed some fears, namely that we don't have much talent on that line.
And that's where the "preseason game 1" factors come in. We could have dispelled some fears if the unit had looked good but it is simply premature to confirm fears based on what we saw friday.

We left Britt alone against Von Miller on purpose. We don't have a starting five yet let alone a starting five that has developed chemistry together. We didn't game plan for their pass rush or attempt to counter it with our offensive play calling. etc. etc. etc.

Exittium

Reaction score
Horseface elway and his team went all out. The Hawks used it more as a tool to evaluate.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Exittium":2f1f3frn said:
Horseface elway and his team went all out. The Hawks used it more as a tool to evaluate.

I wouldn't say that, Denver sat a lot of starters. Pete himself said the Broncos did nothing special.. played a very basic game.

Von Miller is going to make the best OT's in football look silly. That's why he is seen as one of the best pass rushers in football. The rest of the struggles I chalk up to simple inexperience.

The unfortunate thing is our first two opponents get to the QB very, very well. In the case of the Rams.. they have the best defensive line in football. Luckily this was game 1 of the preseason though. Still have 3 games to clean up a lot of mistakes.

Chawker

Reaction score
Exittium":31vysi8i said:

Yup! it sure screwed us up with our process, something I'm sure we won't forget anytime soon.