Cliff Avril: Everybody wants to play for Seahawks

hawknation2015

Reaction score
"Everybody wants to be in Seattle. Nobody wants to leave Seattle," Avril said. "Everybody wants to be there because we have something good going.

"But at the same time, I understand why guys feel like they may have outplayed a contract. In our league, the team's the only one's that's not liable for the rest of the contract really. When they want to get rid of you, they get rid of you.

"As a player, whenever you feel like you should be trying to cash in, why not go for it? But I don't think that affects anything chemistry-wise in our locker room or anything like that."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-seahawks

ibwiznH1fCvpBA.gif

PitifulMassiveBustard.gif

cliff-avril-dominating-jonathan-martin.gif

IMczkg6GypSy70
UntimelyPoshFirefly.gif

BreesINT

Overseasfan

Reaction score
People want to stay with a team that has a high chance of winning if possible. No unexpected statements here.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Didn't he and Bennett say that their friends talk about wanting to be here?

kearly

Reaction score
Not that I've ever been in an NFL locker room, but I think Avril is probably 100% correct about team chemistry. Those guys all know it's a business. I wouldn't hate a co-worker for having the guts to ask for a raise.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
kearly":3373mv5a said:
Not that I've ever been in an NFL locker room, but I think Avril is probably 100% correct about team chemistry. Those guys all know it's a business. I wouldn't hate a co-worker for having the guts to ask for a raise.

I wouldn't hate one either. I would be disappointed, for sure, but I wouldn't tell him my feelings about it.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
the team's the only one's that's not liable for the rest of the contract really. When they want to get rid of you, they get rid of you.
~Cliff Avril

I have no sympathy for this argument. Its the same for any nearly any other employee....we work at the pleasure of management and can be let go at any time for any legit business reason.

Latest posts