Some All-22 Action and articles from NFL Breakdowns

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I found this site while looking for some all-22, no bias here so take it for what it is and discuss. Got three games, the playoffs with Carolina, The NFCCG, and the Superbowl. In the end it's not all Wilson's fault but he could of played better and even Wilson knows it himself. Remember he's not even a compete QB yet, he's played professionally for 3 years, for me I don't care if he ever gets the labeled elite as a passer or whatever, just win baby. Help the TEAM bring multiple trophies here who cares about stats, everyone wants to play the what if games if we had this QB or that. It's like wishing if I had a million dollars I would do this and that, but you can make a million dollars if you have the right idea/products/drive to get there.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/russell-wilson ... onal-2014/

http://nflbreakdowns.com/wilson-vs-pack ... mpionship/

http://nflbreakdowns.com/russell-wilson ... uper-bowl/

and the Interception play at different angles. http://nflbreakdowns.com/malcolm-butler ... superbowl/

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3857t91z said:
I found this site while looking for some all-22, no bias here so take it for what it is and discuss. Got three games, the playoffs with Carolina, The NFCCG, and the Superbowl. In the end it's not all Wilson's fault but he could of played better and even Wilson knows it himself. Remember he's not even a compete QB yet, he's played professionally for 3 years, for me I don't care if he ever gets the labeled elite as a passer or whatever, just win baby. Help the TEAM bring multiple trophies here who cares about stats, everyone wants to play the what if games if we had this QB or that. It's like wishing if I had a million dollars I would do this and that, but you can make a million dollars if you have the right idea/products/drive to get there.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/russell-wilson ... onal-2014/

http://nflbreakdowns.com/wilson-vs-pack ... mpionship/

http://nflbreakdowns.com/russell-wilson ... uper-bowl/

and the Interception play at different angles. http://nflbreakdowns.com/malcolm-butler ... superbowl/

Nice no one hear has every argued Wilson has not , does not or will not make mistakes, IF you look at the all22 for every QB in the league, to include Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Luck etc they all will have some mistake they have made. Its just some here want to make it sound like only Wilson makes them or they are all his fault etc. Simply untrue Wilson makes no more or less mistakes than any top flight., elite, franchise QB makes. The only difference is He has less talent around him in the passing game than most of those other top flight QBs.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
There's some things I disagree with on with the all-22 articles, one stated that there was an open receiver on a scramble play. If your scrambling around it doesn't mean that Wilson sees them as he's running and trying to make a play with his head turn no doubt. Especially if your improvising you would not know where your guys will run to on every given play. You only have a split second to make some decisions sometimes and this is why Wilson is dangerous, he buys enough time for his WR to get open.

The All-22 makes us be all omnipotent meaning we can see everything that the QB might not be able to see when the play is developing. Pete has said that our offense is smash mouth and let everyone knows what's coming and dare them to stop us, and it shows. Remember there are other good teams too that study tape. As much as we give props to our guys for studying tape maybe we should give credit to other teams that are able to stop our offense.

The thing I've notice is that Wilson's passes doesn't do very well in the rain, and that might have to do with him trying to overcompensate the rain with a faster throw which might either be an under-throw or an overthrow at times. When he does throw it the ball has a way of bouncing out of his receivers hands and into the hands of a waiting defender. How many times have that happened this year, plenty of time and it's usually during a rainy game. I think this is the one he really needs to work on with his receivers, but if you got tall guys that can get it and have strong hands then it will negate that.

The thing too is if you look at the NFCCG, most of the mistakes came when throwing to Kearse. Wilson trusted Kearse to make every play even if sometimes his throws were not perfect, but you trust your WR on a man to man, and the play-calling. It was mostly cover 1 plays with Kearse that got negated, and will say that some of it was on Wilson, some of it was on the Kearse, and some of it was on Play calling, if it didn't work how come we kept using the same person for the same coverage, if it was Matthews instead of Kearse I can see Matthews making most of those catches.

Another thing to add is that Kearse haven't been the dominating blocker he use to be, it was early in the season when many of us was noticing the lack of blocking that Kearse was able to do and even I wondered why his drop off was showing on a contract year. For whatever reason Kearse's blocking hasn't been the same and I can say that for some of our TE's as well, but Kearse was a really good blocker in 2013. I'm hoping he brings back that fiery attitude for this year and have something to prove once again.

Wilson will improve and he will. We all want the same thing for this team for it to be competitive for years to come, but for that to happen everyone has to keep improving. Look for Wilson to come out swinging.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great points incredibles. With All-22 you're 20 feet tall and can see stuff that no QB can see.

Things happen in split seconds and that "he missed an open receiver here" statement gets repeated over and over without considering the situation of where the offensive linemen are, where the receivers are and the direction they are heading, where the QB is and what direction is he looking and who is chasing him down or about to blow him up?

Unless you have Google Glass or something similar, you have no idea what the QB sees, what play was called, which receivers are active and which are decoys or blockers.

Having said all that, I appreciate the work that others do by watching the All-22 and taking the time to write it up. AND, it's possible they are correct in their assumption that the QB should have been looking for "that" receiver who happened to be open.

Thanks for finding these and posting them, and anyone who has the time, take that time to comment below and let the author know that their hard work is appreciated.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The nice thing is that we're seeing what Wilson studies for game tape. It's obvious and he's the kind of guy that will work on it, as Incredibles said.

I don't just watch Wilson on these, and here's a few of my thoughts:

I always thought Matthews was a big guy, but had marginal speed for the NFL. Kind of a poor man's BMW. On several of his plays that I watched, he blows right by his guy, and almost immediately gets behind him. He also looked really comfortable catching the ball with someone all over him. I have a lot of optimism that if Wilson and Matthews work together this off season, we'll see improvement. Matthews can be that big bodied guy we need.

Willson drove me crazy at times, but you can see the potential. Keeping in mind that he got limited reps behind Vance McDonald in college, I think we'll see Willson's game get more polished. We're going to see a production improvement from him as he'll get favorable matchups with the attention being on Jimmy. The Carolina game, specifically, he caught balls in traffic, broke tackles and racked up some YAC.

I think WIlson has trouble seeing Baldwin. There's times he's open and Wilson doesn't even look his way. Also, in almost every playoff game, Wilson seemed to lock onto receivers. Maybe it gets easier with Baldwin in the slot, I'm not sure. It just seems odd as Baldwin used to be the big catch guy that Wilson went to, now it seems for some strange reason he tries to force it to Kearse.

Watching this film, it becomes obvious to me (again) that Kearse's ceiling is above average for the NFL.

Watching GB shut down 4 and 5 receivers at once, it has me excited to see what Graham is going to bring to the table, and how he will change our offense and the looks Wilson gets. We obviously didn't have that one guy that defenses had to account for, and it showed a lot.