Seahawks ARE (no longer) in on Dockett

Ozzy

Reaction score
Looks like the Niners are the front runners. I think he would be a great fit in Seattle so I hope they make a push for him. If its close you would think he would want to come here.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":15a518tn said:
34 years old and a torn ACL.......

Dockett is one of the most fierce, competitive and driven players in NFL history. I don't see receovering from this injury being a problem for us.

He's a perfect fit for what we need. One of the best interior pass rushers and disrupters in the league. One of those guys on the edge of dirty that you hate playing against, but love having on your team . . .

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks have not brought him in for a visit, correct?

I think the real interest is between the 49ers and Cardinals.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkFan72":hxzlo8s1 said:
Seahawks have not brought him in for a visit, correct?

I think the real interest is between the 49ers and Cardinals.

One of the interesting thing about the Seahawks is that they often have visits under the radar. Often the media doesn't even know about them until after a signing takes place.

Maybe that's because of the private planes? Or our location in South Alaska?

Largent80

Reaction score
McGruff":2e7h96ry said:
Largent80":2e7h96ry said:

He's a perfect fit for what we need.

I agree that his play is what we need. What we don't need is yet another player coming off a major injury after surgery. We already have too many of those to count. Yes, surgeries and rehabs are not like yesteryear, however, it has been proven that it takes the majority of players a full year after the operation to hopefully get back to their previous level.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seattle has more cap space than any other team in the west. I am sure the biggest part of an interview with Dockett is a medical, the rest is a known quantity.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":1atd16di said:
McGruff":1atd16di said:
Largent80":1atd16di said:

He's a perfect fit for what we need.

I agree that his play is what we need. What we don't need is yet another player coming off a major injury after surgery. We already have too many of those to count. Yes, surgeries and rehabs are not like yesteryear, however, it has been proven that it takes the majority of players a full year after the operation to hopefully get back to their previous level.

Actually, it used to be a whole year. ZThese days with advancements in surgical techniques, rehab therapies, and (questionable) drugs and medications, return to full participation is more like 6-9 months. Dockett's injury was a TC injury, and he had his surgery at the end of August. He'd be back in time for TC.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I could see our interest, though I'm guessing we've offered a hefty bit less than other teams are willing to pay, as is our prerogative given the attraction we pose for vets (particularly on the D-line).

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
HawkFan72":slwhyogl said:
He wants to stay in the NFC West. He knows where the real action is.
I'm not so sure he does if he chooses SF

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
For the RIGHT PRICE and if he is HEALTHY Dockett would be worth looking at later on in free agency or after the draft if the Hawks aren't able to address D-line depth. But much like the other topic about Jared Allen, I think I would pass. If this were 4-5 years ago I would be all in, but most of these guys with 1-2 years left in the tank are 50/50 with what you are getting. But who knows, in a rotation with some younger guys he could have a monster year, knee injuries and age are hard to predict.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Durability isn't a concern for me. He could rotate with Williams and Hill. Typically, the Seahawks want to go young, but a rotation of Williams and Dockett would be tough to pass up. Neither would get too beat up, and Williams for sure wants decreased reps.

The problem is that I can see Dockett wanting to start and not split reps. He's too competitive to want to sit on the bench. If he returned to his pre injury form, that would make our 3 tech a devastating and deep position.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I hate Dockett but he would be an elite rotational pass-rush DT.

And hes not a comp eligible FA.

But it I doubt we get him if the Cards offered 1 for a performanced based 4. Because that's about the same I would give him.

I think he goes to SF on a multi year deal.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Interesting....kind of like a cheap alternative to Suh personality and all. Well at least he would be OUR douchebag. 8)

kearly

Reaction score
The Rams would be perfect for him. Jeff Fisher loves dirty players and cheap shot artists.

I wouldn't complain if we got him either. In fact, I think I've gained a twisted kind of respect for the guy now. This guy does not mess around.

chris98251

Reaction score
The difference between interest and want is big, any GM worth his salt has interest in any FA out there that could potentially help. Wanting is a bit different.