This Isn't Our Team - Hold Out Hope

BigHawksSupporter

Reaction score
We aren't a team that plays horribly, relies on miracle plays to win, and then starts fights and points fingers when we fall short. I've been a fan since the mid 1970s, I've been through the 2-win seasons, but I've never felt this bad. We make it to the championship on the skin of our teeth with a miracle choke by GB, we somehow get set up for a game-winning goal line stand with a one-in-a-million catch, and yes we fell short, but this is how we react?

Support your team and support that we weren't good enough last night. Maybe we win 3 out of 10 games, but not lost night. These fair weather fans calling for everyone's heads. Just hope the virus doesn't spread to our locker room. We'll be back boys, nothing to be ashamed of. God bless the Hawks, and God bless those who act with class and keep their heads and this great franchise raised high.

Sonicsdave

Reaction score
Well said. Crappy end to a great season. Pete made a big mistake calling a pass. If Lockette fights harder for the ball, if Wilson throws it one foot shorter we'd all be celebrating right now instead of acting like losers.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Totally agree with the OP. Unfortunately, some folks have to have a scapegoat to blame.

I love being a 'Hawks fan. I love the team, their attitude, and their heart.

Go 'Hawks!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
BigHawksSupporter":voliu6kl said:
We aren't a team that plays horribly, relies on miracle plays to win, and then starts fights and points fingers when we fall short. I've been a fan since the mid 1970s, I've been through the 2-win seasons, but I've never felt this bad. We make it to the championship on the skin of our teeth with a miracle choke by GB, we somehow get set up for a game-winning goal line stand with a one-in-a-million catch, and yes we fell short, but this is how we react?

Support your team and support that we weren't good enough last night. Maybe we win 6 out of 10 games, but not lost night. These fair weather fans calling for everyone's heads. Just hope the virus doesn't spread to our locker room. We'll be back boys, nothing to be ashamed of. God bless the Hawks, and God bless those who act with class and keep their heads and this great franchise raised high.
That's well said. This team was overconfident and had inner turmoil from the start. They overcame adversity but failed to capture Lombardi because of talent level, injuries and misfortune. We have a blueprint and foundation to build a dynasty if we keep the core of this team together.