This is what Wilson saw on the big INT

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/StatsNBCSports/status/562092941800251392[/tweet]

B8z0jLiIYAMCtkV

mikeak

Reaction score
To me the issue isn't if he should throw or how he threw or any of how great a play it was by the defender.

It is inches and 2nd down. 2 timeouts left and 20sexs in clock. Seattle runs

Bevell calls run in 2nd and 3rd down 5yards out!!!! But not one inch away....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he throws it there, fine. But we never should have been in that situation and he threw it late.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Only 1 timeout left IIRC.

In that situation, that's the playcall for a lot of teams. But I still think it should have been Marshawn.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
This is not a smart play in this situation! The ball can get tipped, bounce off the receiver, any number of other negatives. PC said they wanted to burn a play here against their goal line D, well then get Russell on the move with an option to run it in if it's there, or throw it away if it's not.

Calling this play in this situation is inexcusable and cost us a Lombardi.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Nope, a tipped ball at the line, off of Lockettes hands, lots of things can go wrong there.

They didnt stiff Lynch once today, not once for zero yards, and we passed it.

...... this is going to scar the team, Pete Carrol, Wilson. I hope they can make it back, but yes, its that bad of a play.

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
To me, this is all on Russ and or Lockette. The safety is already making a break on the play before the ball has left Russ's hand. Why we even came to this with many other options is beyond me.

trharder

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1wii5fa1 said:
atleast put Lynch in there to sell the possibility of the run.
Exactly right. At least let the Pats see a fake of what they were trying to stop. You run a play action there
and RW either finds a safer throw or throws it away. Or finds a way in himself. As much as I hate Bevel
right now, there was actually some ingenious play calls in that game. How the hell he came up with that
one is bizzare. That play call was the antithesis of what had been working in the last few games.

Chawks1

Reaction score
That is a high risk pass from the one. Nothing over the middle with all those bodies. If you're going to pass you should do play action, fade route, back shoulder pass, call seething to a RB in the flat or roll the pocket to a crossing TE. All high percentage short yardage plays......last thing you do is go with a slant inside.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That doesnt show 21 running full speed at the spot. 3 yards is not far for a defender to close.

Was a dumb call. Period.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3buooiva said:
atleast put Lynch in there to sell the possibility of the run.

He was in the backfield to Wilson's left.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3brizpuw said:
If he throws it there, fine. But we never should have been in that situation and he threw it late.

He did not throw it late, if it was late it would have been behind the Wr, he threw it correct the defender made a good play, lochette did not fight and it was a stupid play call.

HawkEye

Reaction score
Absolutely Irrelevant. You should call a play that gives you the best chance to get the TD, this was a bonehead call.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
dbsn2420":2kxwyhbi said:
This is not a smart play in this situation! The ball can get tipped, bounce off the receiver, any number of other negatives. PC said they wanted to burn a play here against their goal line D, well then get Russell on the move with an option to run it in if it's there, or throw it away if it's not.

Calling this play in this situation is inexcusable and cost us a Lombardi.
That's what I don't get. Most people are saying "run Lynch". I get that, and I agree, but it's not like Bevell had the option of this one pass play or running Lynch. RO with a passing option would have given Russ the chance to take the highest probability option, even if that meant tossing it to the stands. Crap, did we even use a TE the whole game? Miller had a great TD a couple seasons ago where he sold falling during a block just to sneak into the EZ wide open. We've also seen play action where the RB or FB sneaks out to the flat wide open for a walk in TD. There are so many reasons why that slant call was wrong, not just that it was a pass.

Daytomann

Reaction score
mikeak":26f5ixax said:
To me the issue isn't if he should throw or how he threw or any of how great a play it was by the defender.

It is inches and 2nd down. 2 timeouts left and 20sexs in clock. Seattle runs

Bevell calls run in 2nd and 3rd down 5yards out!!!! But not one inch away....

Yeah it was a great play by the defender blah blah.
The play should never have been called. You feed the beast on 2nd and a few yards. Period.