Poll: If you were Sherman do you play?

You're Richard Sherman, Baby being born on Sunday, what do you do?

• Play in the Super Bowl

Votes: 165 87.8%
  • Witness your child's birth

Votes: 23 12.2%

• Total voters

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I really don't think there is a right answer here, but would be interesting to see how others felt.

If you're Richard Sherman, and your gf goes into labor with your FIRST child an hour before kick off of the SB. Do you play?

On one hand it's the Super Bowl the pinnacle of football, it's what you've been working for all season/life. You also have thousands of fans counting on you and 52 other guys on the team counting on you.

On the other hand, your child is only going to be born once. Going to have to live with the guilt that you missed your child's birth willingly for the rest of your life.

What do you choose?

Hawks46

Reaction score
There's definitely a correct answer here. You play.

You just induce labor on Wednesday

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
A few years ago, I would have answered real quick "Play the game". Now that I have a 2 year old (turning 3) and have experienced everything she is and looking forward to everything she will be. That question is really hard to answer. I would hate to have to look at my daughter and feel guilty that I missed her birth.

evergreen

Reaction score
Get a C section for Chrisssakes. What women does that to a man?! A baby or the Super Bowl? There's not much he can really do in the whole childbirth. Better to be there for the kid when it matters. And be there for the team when it matters. I hope Lane and Simon are ready...

Edit: by pmedic.
No F-BOMBS guys, not even disguised ones.

bindercarrie

Reaction score
First time moms statistically have long labors. I'd be much more worried about Sherm missing the game if she went into labor Saturday afternoon/night.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I witnessed my first daughter's birth - grossest thing I've ever seen! I respectfully declined to be there for my second daughter's birth, because no man really needs to watch his wife poop out a baby...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You can induce early, or take that drug, I forget the name of it, to delay labor. It's the freaking Super Bowl.

I know being present for the birth of your kid is special and all, but come on. You can plan around one four-hour window quite easily. This isn't the year 1873.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
I'm only thinking of all the soldiers and sailors, that don't get that choice, and who don't wait a few hours to see their new baby, but several months. Waiting till after the game in comparison, is a millions times easier to handle.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
This is fun but pretty moot. He's playing in the Super Bowl. End of discussion.

Oh, and thanks for the "witness" votes Patriot Fans...

Bamzi58

Reaction score
Being a mom of two children, my feeling is, play in the SB.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Labor takes awhile if it's #1. He could do both easy.

They can also induce with pitocin tomorrow. No c-section though. Good hospitals don't want those because they end up messing with the baby's immune system.

Either way millions of dollars + SB ring >>>> child's birth.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It's the superbowl.

come on.

If you were that baby and you grew up and realized your dad missed out on playing int he superbowl just to watch you pooped out like a mommy turd? You'd be mad. u mad.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ot8yueez said:
It's the superbowl.

come on.

If you were that baby and you grew up and realized your dad missed out on playing int he superbowl just to watch you pooped out like a mommy turd? You'd be mad. u mad.
Damn right, I'd never want my dad to have one less ring just to have seen me pop out.

Vancanhawksfan

Reaction score
I don't know man.

Of course you'd feel guilty if you missed your child's birth but I suppose you could live with it.

What I don't think I could live with is if something happened to the child during birth, or heaven forbid, your spouse and you weren't there.

M2MG

Reaction score
I missed my first child being born while I was stationed in Germany. I was stationed in Baumholder and was in the field in Grafenwoehr for something really silly. It really sucked at the time but I don't think that it has had any lasting effect on our relationship (she will be 18 next month). That being said, I really wish I could tell her that I was busy playing in the Super Bowl while she was born.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1vr1v38a said:
I witnessed my first daughter's birth - grossest thing I've ever seen! I respectfully declined to be there for my second daughter's birth, because no man really needs to watch his wife poop out a baby...

Don't let your wife see this, for the love of zeus.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":vbzlyzi2 said:

I agree with ya Patrick. There's a reason why women are stronger than men. Tru dat.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It's the super bowl, which IMO is way more important than "witnessing" a birth.

If his gf delivers, the baby will still be there when the game is over. He (hopefully) has many years ahead of him to actually BOND with the baby.