Boomer Esiason Sherman should be fined

stack600

Reaction score
I noticed that too really kissin Commisioner Butt...Maybe he wants the Commish job when Roger Dodger gets canned when he drops the ball again.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Boomer Esiason should be fined for being a depressing windbag. I know he does a lot of work because of his sick child, but I get depressed just thinking about this guy.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If the commish did this, it would blow up horribly in his face. Maybe a Pete Rozell or a Paul Tagliabue could have gotten away with it, but if Roger starts fining his critics? I would think that wouldn't sit well with a whole lot of people.

Seafan

Reaction score
Boomer is a blowhard. Phil Simms and the other guys on Inside the NFL remarked how nice it was without Boomer there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
But but but Boomer did the football commercials program...I think it was him....There was a lot of hot air in it....

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I think I still have my Topps Boomer Esiason rookie card somewhere. I took it to a sports memorabilia collector. He said he'd take it off my hands, and in exchange, he ripped a Brian Bosworth card in two and gave me the lower half.

Even then, I couldn't make the exchange without throwing in a case of beer and a couple of prime cut steaks.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Don't know why Boomer feels the need to defend the Goodell

dradee

Reaction score
Fined for what? Speaking the truth? The NFL commish shouldn't be hanging out with ANY franchise owner by himself , if he doesn't understand that then he is the wrong guy for the job .

davidonmi

Reaction score
fined for saying what he thinks?
It's also an opinion that is shared by a lot of people

marko358

Reaction score
We're getting to the point where every single player must speak in cliches for people to be happy.

Nog

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":32gahog8 said:
I think I still have my Topps Boomer Esiason rookie card somewhere. I took it to a sports memorabilia collector. He said he'd take it off my hands, and in exchange, he ripped a Brian Bosworth card in two and gave me the lower half.

Even then, I couldn't make the exchange without throwing in a case of beer and a couple of prime cut steaks.
Can I make a remark about your signature though? "Bête" has a double meaning in French. This could be misinterpreted by French speakers :lol:

dadof3

Reaction score
I thought Peyton had a big forehead. You could play racquetball on Boomers.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Decent player in his day who had the misfortune of facing Montana when it counted, and he came up short. I wish him nothing but success, but I hope he doesn't aspire to Prisco levels of trying to be relevant. Starting to look that way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Good luck trying to get that fine to stick.

You start trying to fine players for saying even the slightest thing wrong and it's not going to go well for you. An organization like the NFL really needs to take the high road in a lot of these instances, as the fans already side with the players more often than the rich billionaire owners that they can't relate to.

Mick063

Reaction score
Has anyone ever contemplated that Sherman may be right?

Personally, I think the entire situation over the deflated balls have been blown out of proportion. Why would the Patriots think they would need that kind of minor advantage over a team they easily handled earlier in the season? I tend to believe Belichick when he says he has never given much consideration to the game balls before. I believe that the balls were inflated to minimum requirements and the laws of physics finished the job.

Regardless, Sherman is right to wonder aloud if the league would deal with an owner, any owner, as harshly as they would with, for example, a player that doesn't like media day. It is probably correct to say that there is a noticeable hypocrisy when considering the relative hierarchy of forcing a player to speak to the press as opposed to under inflating game balls, even if it was a case of negligence as opposed to a deliberate act.

I see where Richard is coming from here. He doesn't like how his team mate is being treated and he has found an avenue to fire back. I believe his rant was more directed at the commissioner than it was Mr. Kraft. The Patriot owner was simply collateral damage.

gulliver

Reaction score
Boomer's from the old school where you just want to control everyone. You see people speaking their mind in a way you find disagreeable, you immediately start thinking how you can deprive them of their right to free speech. "I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS OPINION, MAKE IT STOP!!" Fingers in ears. It's a control issue. What a baby.