"Make Marshawn Lynch MVP of the Super Bowl..."

pehawk

Reaction score
That's what ADB said to Prime. That's this teams focus and goal.

NE might be screwed...that's one hell of a stated goal and rallying cry. This time Seattle does the Bettis'in.

byau

Reaction score
pehawk":31uyo2ar said:
That's what ADB said to Prime. That's this teams focus and goal.

NE might be screwed...that's one hell of a stated goal and rallying cry. This time Seattle does the Bettis'in.

When I saw that, it gave me chills

Something a mentor said to us once. My wife and I thinking about a non-conventional dance routine in an upcoming competition, and we weren't sure if we should go through with it or not. Our mentor told us:

"Be you. Just know if you make that choice, you are starting 10 yards back behind everyone else. So you have to be even better so you can make up that distance and force the judges to give you first"

Those are some awesome words:

"Force the judges to give you first."

The whole team will be looking to help Marshawn look so good against the Patriots run D. That is pretty awesome and if they do it successfully:

1) Hawks win the SB
2) They'll be forced to give him the MVP

Also hate to say it, but if it happens, it would be a good day for Marshawn to retire.

Who knows, maybe the idea of Marshawn retiring anyway is where the rallying cry is coming from.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm torn between thinking he might retire and thinking he'll want to come back for a chance at a third ring and the HOF.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Let's just hope bevell heard it too so they can play their game for four qrts instead of playing from behind like they have so many times.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
After all this media BS, it would be legendary if we won with him as MVP and then he retired. Seriously, it would be talked about FOREVER. Just think about how much Barry Sanders is talked about retiring in his prime and he never won a Super Bowl let alone 2, and obviously never a Super Bowl MVP.

Selfishly I don't want him to, and I want him back next year. But I would understand if he decided to hang it up after a Super Bowl MVP.

tooshort

Reaction score
Marshawn's reply to every question ever asked of him by the media from then on, "Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP","Superbowl MVP",

Seafan

Reaction score
Marshawn won't leave $8.5 million on the table. He will lead the Hawks to Super Bowl 50.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sc85sis":178v3uhp said:
I'm torn between thinking he might retire and thinking he'll want to come back for a chance at a third ring and the HOF.

I'm not torn at all. I selfishly am not ready to stop watching Marshawn Lynch. Split more reps with Turbin. Give the man some more money. Whatever it takes, get him to go one more year. Then try to get him back again.

What should scare Pats fans is that Lynch is willing and able to take the team on his back, literally, and carry them to a win. The team seems to be rallying around Lynch already, seeing the persecution by the media.

There were times our offense didn't even look like it wanted to be on the field during the NFCCG. If they can get fired up like the defense usually does.....hooo boy. Pats are gonna get rolled in the run game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Oh I'm not torn in what I'd like, just in what I think Shawn will actually do. I'm greedy. I want him to stay.

Omahawk

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":vi1poej5 said:
After all this media BS, it would be legendary if we won with him as MVP and then he retired. Seriously, it would be talked about FOREVER. Just think about how much Barry Sanders is talked about retiring in his prime and he never won a Super Bowl let alone 2, and obviously never a Super Bowl MVP.

Selfishly I don't want him to, and I want him back next year. But I would understand if he decided to hang it up after a Super Bowl MVP.

That's a very good comparison. Barry Sanders is in the HOF. He retired on his own terms, which I can respect, but he was the best running back in the league at the time. If Beast wanted to retire after this game, so be it. I'd respect that decision and I'd expect that he too would be inducted into the HOF.

byau

Reaction score
You know, if Marshawn thinks this is his possibly his last game, you gotta know he's coming out swinging.

Double that action boss

12evanf

Reaction score
My initial thought was, what if this is Marshawn's last game and the team knows it AND is playing this game for him. The Pats should be scared.

Then I remembered something, wasn't Marshawn telling teammates before XVIII that if they won he would retire?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2uth5shf said:
Marshawn will be back next year. None of that speculation about him retiring after last season came from Marshawn.

In a way, yes it did. He told teammates himself LAST YEAR that he was going to retire if they won the Super Bowl. I think most of the talk this year about him walking away if they win it is based on him saying he would do that very thing last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1zcr8jfd said:
hawknation2015":1zcr8jfd said:
Marshawn will be back next year. None of that speculation about him retiring after last season came from Marshawn.

In a way, yes it did. He told teammates himself LAST YEAR that he was going to retire if they won the Super Bowl. I think most of the talk this year about him walking away if they win it is based on him saying he would do that very thing last year.

But we weren't privy to those conversations and Marshawn never made any public statement to that effect. He may have been joking . . . he may have been using it as motivation for his teammates . . . or even as a bargaining chip for more money.

I don't think he walks away from $8.5 million, and even more in endorsements, when he is playing some of the best football of his career and is in great shape. Also, the team he returns to next season is talented enough to make yet another Super Bowl run, which would cement his legacy and make him even more money in endorsements.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3lwoxuiu said:
Seanhawk":3lwoxuiu said:
hawknation2015":3lwoxuiu said:

But we weren't privy to those conversations and Marshawn never made any public statement to that effect. He may have been joking . . . he may have been using it as motivation for his teammates . . . or even as a bargaining chip for more money.

I don't think he walks away from $8.5 million, and even more in endorsements, when he is playing some of the best football of his career and is in great shape. Also, the team he returns to next season is talented enough to make yet another Super Bowl run, which would cement his legacy and make him even more money in endorsements.

My point was, if he hadn't told teammates that last year, it probably isn't even suggested as an option this year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Bellicheat has eyes and ears all over the place. What ever out game plan is he will know it and have his defense prepped for it. We will need to beat them with our execution.

Largent80

Reaction score
I loved that D.B interview.

I am a gigantic Lynch fanboy, so I hope this happens, I guess if we do get the ring, the possibility of #24 hanging them up is there. He has a lot of reasons to continue however and the desire to play may outweigh retirement.

7yBmFRt