Do you agree with this statement?

LTH

Reaction score
The Seahawks will beat the patriots because;

THEY DEFY LOGIC WITH THE WILL TO WIN

is this crap or is there something to this? I personally believe this!

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I think we have an abundance of what they call 'intangibles,' so I guess I agree with it.

I also think we stack up pretty well against the Patsies, so the 'facts' are on our side, too, IMHO.

:)

StoneCold

Reaction score
No. Logic says we will beat the Patriots. Logic said we would beat GB. That fact that it took 63 minutes to be proven does not weaken the logic.

According to DVOA Seattle is superior in both Offense and Defense. They will win because they are better.

SC

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I'm hearing that the Hawks O doesnt stack up to NE's O... which may or may not be true on paper... but what gets me is that the Hawks have had sooo many O line injury's IMO its completely amazing they are in the position they are... most teams that suffer that many o line injury's wouldnt have made the playoffs... just my opinion and I dont understand why the national media doesnt see that...

LTH68

StoneCold

Reaction score
We have a mobile quarterback and Beastmode. They make up for OL deficiencies. That said the OL has played better than is perceived.

SC

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No.

Definitely agree with the mental toughness and will to win of this team, but logic says the Hawks are a VERY talented team that should be in the SB. So not sure what logic you're talking about defying.

If the Jags or Raiders were in the SB? That'd be defying logic.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
What I mean about logic is the Greenbay game... who would have thought the hawks were going to win that game even after they recovered the on side kick... Logic suggest IMO that they were going to lose but they found a way to win...

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I was going to write a Damn thesis but it kinda boils down to this: Do NOT give this TEAM an inch. Not a one. With the players we have, led by Pete mfin Carroll, and the mental Giant @ the helm, Russ, yeah you better play lights out hard nosed BALL against us til 00:00.
HAWKS remind me of a mix of all my favorite football movies. RTT, Wildcats, Rudy all wrapped up in one.

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
LTH":3a6b2et5 said:
I'm hearing that the Hawks O doesnt stack up to NE's O... which may or may not be true on paper... but what gets me is that the Hawks have had sooo many O line injury's IMO its completely amazing they are in the position they are... most teams that suffer that many o line injury's wouldnt have made the playoffs... just my opinion and I dont understand why the national media doesnt see that...

LTH68

NE's offense is really good and gets the credit it should. Our offense is really good but fails to get the credit it should. To me that is due to the style we play (+ the defense gets the lions share of the praise so someone has to find fault somewhere) - which in my mind is exactly why we are so good. We just wear teams down with a grind it out style that isn't pretty, but its more than effective. Ask Clay "I was gassed" Matthews how effective our offense is over the course of the entire game.

4th Quarter is where that really shows up and our scoring differential then is completely ridiculous.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":32w544ng said:
What I mean about logic is the Greenbay game... who would have thought the hawks were going to win that game even after they recovered the on side kick... Logic suggest IMO that they were going to lose but they found a way to win...

I hear ya, I just don't buy into all the magical destiny mumbo jumbo like the Hawks are charmed or some higher power is at work.

It's like the old saying "amazing how lucky you get when you work hard." That's the Hawks, they won because the talent is there, they put in all the hard work and preparation............ all they had to do was start playing like it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We don't win because of intangibles. We win because good defense keeps the game in hand until Russell Wilson can start running around in the fourth quarter. That is literally the synopsis of every comeback win we've ever achieved.

Mick063

Reaction score
I would say that the Russell Wilson era of Seahawk football has demonstrated the most 4th quarter fortitude I have ever seen in the NFL.

They never, ever give up.

Off the top of my head:

Coming back against the Redskins in the playoffs. Coming back at Houston. Coming back against Tampa Bay. Twice in the same game against Chicago. Green Bay Hail Mary. Green Bay NFCCG. San Francisco NFCCG (the "free" play using the hard count). Winning the coin flip in OT against Denver and not allowing Manning to even take the field. I know I am missing a half dozen more.

I have not seen the statistics, but I'm thinking that Wilson is at or near the top of the league in game winning plays/drives in the span of his career.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
LTH":1lhckk8j said:
The Seahawks will beat the patriots because;

THEY DEFY LOGIC WITH THE WILL TO WIN

is this crap or is there something to this? I personally believe this!

LTH

YEP! where is the like button LOL

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Mick063":waw87pns said:
I would say that the Russell Wilson era of Seahawk football has demonstrated the most 4th quarter fortitude I have ever seen in the NFL.

They never, ever give up.

Off the top of my head:

Coming back against the Redskins in the playoffs. Coming back at Houston. Coming back against Tampa Bay. Twice in the same game against Chicago. Green Bay Hail Mary. Green Bay NFCCG. San Francisco NFCCG (the "free" play using the hard count). Winning the coin flip in OT against Denver and not allowing Manning to even take the field. I know I am missing a half dozen more.

I have not seen the statistics, but I'm thinking that Wilson is at or near the top of the league in game winning plays/drives in the span of his career.

Heh, you left out the coming back against the patriots 24-23. :stirthepot:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Nope, don't agree. O vs. D in playoff situations is usually always won by the D.

This team doesn't just rely upon their exceptional will to win, or intangibles; but is more talented and better coached than most other teams in the league. The intangibles are there however.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Disagree. Logic dictates that Seattle is the better team. That's why they will win.

Consider this: Super Bowl XLVIII we hold the greatest offense in NFL history to 306 yds in 65 plays. Broncos commit 4 turnovers. Seattle wins 43-8.

2015 NFCCG we hold the #1 offense in the NFL to 306 yds in 65 plays. SEAHAWKS commit 5 turnovers. Seahawks win 28-22 in OT.

We are just as dominant in both games, we just flipped the turnovers to our side of the ball, that's all.

We are going to crush the Patriots because we are BY FAR the superior team.