Ungers crappy snaps

seabowl

Reaction score
Last game was pretty bad with his snaps and it seemed to mess up Russell quite a bit. I hope they do whatever to correct this before the bowl.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bevell said in yesterday's press conference that they are working on correcting it. Have to think it was related to the time off due to his injury.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Some were really bad, usually his are low if he is off, but Sunday not only were they low but wide left or right as well and that is room for trouble. We were very lucky that Russell was able to corral the majority of them.

I did notice after Russell's first int. Unger went to make a tackle on Clinton-Dix and when he came out of the pile he was flexing his right hand, maybe that played a role in it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HIs snaps have been terrible for at least two years.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I noticed this, too. You expect to see 1 or 2 bad snaps from the center on *any* team, but Unger seems to have 1 bad snap every 3 or 4 times he hikes the ball to Wilson. I wouldn't expect any major improvements 10 days before the big game.

"Max Unger is who we thought he is!"

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2o9yoe94 said:
HIs snaps have been terrible for at least two years.

Truth. Dude, your job is to throw a ball through your legs for millions of dollars. Get your @&#% together!

irocdave

Reaction score
Fox showed a close up replay of one of Ungers bad snaps that went wide right to RW. It looked like every finger on Ungers right hand was bleeding. Anyone else see that?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wilson is always going after Unger's bad snaps. Left, high, low, right, left again, low again.

A

Anonymous

If you look at the picture of Jon Ryan's throw, he's got red on his fingers too. In fact, I see red stuff on some Russell pics. Everybody touching the ball with bare hands for that matter.

Reminds me of Permatex aerosol high-tack gasket spray. I use it to make gaskets stick to engines when I bolt stuff together. Looks like blood on your fingers and sticky as all get out.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15bwonhg said:
Wilson is always going after Unger's bad snaps. Left, high, low, right, left again, low again.

B A B A Start

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1gouctk0 said:
If you look at the picture of Jon Ryan's throw, he's got red on his fingers too. In fact, I see red stuff on some Russell pics. Everybody touching the ball with bare hands for that matter.

Reminds me of Permatex aerosol high-tack gasket spray. I use it to make gaskets stick to engines when I bolt stuff together. Looks like blood on your fingers and sticky as all get out.

Just what we need...our own conspiracy. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's better than Snappy Craps.

:twisted:

Msfann

Reaction score
Ungers crappy snaps could be a cool band name.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
One of the issues for centers is that they get there hands smashed on double team blocks by the facemask of the guard. Even in a zone scheme it happens all the time. I think Unger will adjust and be fine.