Kam to set the tone with crushing hit on Gronk

seabowl

Reaction score
Would love to see a repeat of XLVIII in this game when Kam blew up Demarius Thomas only this time to shut down Gronk. I really hope we use Kam on him rather than KJ Wright who I don't think can stay with Gronk. One good Kam hit will set the tone. Thoughts?

strohmin

Reaction score
I think you are underestimating how strong Gronk really is. Kam is strong, but I dont think one hit is going to stop him.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
And I think you're underestimating KJ's coverage skills, as well as Gronks sloppy route running.

garrylt4

Reaction score
I told the woman I've been seeing (also a West Virginia Seahawks fan) just the other day that we need to set the tone on defense right away. A Kam hit on Gronk and a Brady sack by Bruce Irving (WVU) would do the trick.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1f96eliz said:
Kam'll crush anyone he can, same as always; and I look forward to seeing it happen in a big way.

If it is against Gronk though I think that that hit would be a bigger message and tone setter than against D. Thomas last year. But you are correct, he will be laying a LOT of huge hits this game.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not sure even Kam can put a giant hit on Gronk that wouldn't hurt Kam just as much. Gronk should start going by Groot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
minormillikin":3seu8nsy said:
I'm not sure even Kam can put a giant hit on Gronk that wouldn't hurt Kam just as much. Gronk should start going by Groot.
I hope Kam hits him so hard he flips end over end and fumbles the ball, with Kam also recovering. Think of how much that would pain the Patriots fans. :lol:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
minormillikin":3476hrlw said:

Gronkowski: 265 lbs

Vernon Davis: 250 lbs

I disagree. :thirishdrinkers:

Basis4day

Reaction score
seabowl":1ee0oetu said:
Would love to see a repeat of XLVIII in this game when Kam blew up Demarius Thomas only this time to shut down Gronk. I really hope we use Kam on him rather than KJ Wright who I don't think can stay with Gronk. One good Kam hit will set the tone. Thoughts?

KJ stayed with Jimmy Graham just fine last year.

Covering Gronk isn't the issue. Dealing with his physicality is.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pdlrybe said:
minormillikin":3pdlrybe said:
I hope Kam hits him so hard he flips end over end and fumbles the ball, with Kam also recovering. Think of how much that would pain the Patriots fans. :lol:

Their tears of anguish would be delicious.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I look forward to Kam taking his hardest shot, but gronk does tend to be like a big heavy statue, firmly planted with all that weight. He doesn't catch the ball while moving like some other guys, as much as he catches the ball, waits for a few defenders to bounce off him, and then lumbers ahead.
I'd love to see some clips of him getting smeared.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
minormillikin":2zkryg94 said:
Don't get me wrong, I look forward to Kam taking his hardest shot, but gronk does tend to be like a big heavy statue, firmly planted with all that weight. He doesn't catch the ball while moving like some other guys, as much as he catches the ball, waits for a few defenders to bounce off him, and then lumbers ahead.
Yeah, you make a good point. He seems to have great balance, and awareness of his balance - much like Marshawn.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
minormillikin":23tpz3lf said:

[youtube]_E-QJ4h9q1Q[/youtube]

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":xzhzq7fo said:
minormillikin":xzhzq7fo said:

Gronkowski: 265 lbs

Vernon Davis: 250 lbs

I disagree. :thirishdrinkers:

I love Kam like everyone else, but I think you are underestimating 15 lbs of lean body mass, which is like 1-2 weight classes if this were boxing or wrestling. We're comparing to NFL athletes here who probably carry 5% body fat at most.