How Great is Russell Wilson?

Kevin28n

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDH4aEs_3I8

How great is he? Seems that people that dont get to see alot of the seahawks games think that Russell is just a "game manager". even though hes always making highlight reels. and alot of these people dont know about these records hes broken and the numbers he put up. People just think cause he doesnt throw 40 times a game that he cant do it.
Theres a difference between not being able to do something, and just not doing it.
Thats just how this system is. He doesnt need to throw 40 times a game for us to win. We got a balanced team.
And its dumb that people are holding that against him. Wilson will not get credibility until he does it without that defense.
But us hawks fans realy dont care about what the nation thinks about Seahawks. Keep hating and we'll keep winning them superbowls ;) WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Kevin28n":3b8bv0vj said:

How great is he? Seems that people that dont get to see alot of the seahawks games think that Russell is just a "game manager". even though hes always making highlight reels. and alot of these people dont know about these records hes broken and the numbers he put up. People just think cause he doesnt throw 40 times a game that he cant do it.
Theres a difference between not being able to do something, and just not doing it.
Thats just how this system is. He doesnt need to throw 40 times a game for us to win. We got a balanced team.
And its dumb that people are holding that against him. Wilson will not get credibility until he does it without that defense.
But us hawks fans realy dont care about what the nation thinks about Seahawks. Keep hating and we'll keep winning them superbowls ;) WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!
Let the national talking heads keep showing their laziness and ignorance. It's that much sweeter when they have to eat crow after the Super Bowl. Steven A Smith seems that to have forgotten that Wilson has never lost to those "elite" QB's he mentioned. If he and others insist on playing the fool, I say, let them! :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
K

Kevin28n

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":d5cc56mq said:
Kevin28n":d5cc56mq said:

Let the national talking heads keep showing their laziness and ignorance. It's that much sweeter when they have to eat crow after the Super Bowl. Steven A Smith seems that to have forgotten that Wilson has never lost to those "elite" QB's he mentioned. If he and others insist on playing the fool, I say, let them! :th2thumbs:

agree with you 100 percent!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
On my ride home from work I turned on ESPN radio just in time to hear George Sedono say that Russell is the least important player on our offense. He went on to say it was laughable to discuss Russ as being comparable to luck in any way.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Wilson has a bad game and his guys drop balls and he finds a way to make perfect reads and throws in the face of intense pressure and pulls off an incredible comeback on the worlds mega stage and he sucks.

Manning has a bad game and his team is utterly embarassed.

One is a shoe in for the Hall of Fame and one is going to have to fight for every inch of respect.

Guess which one is which.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He just got some props from Marty Hearney on the NFL insiders show though. The former NFL GM said he actually upgraded Russell based on the mental leadership he showed over comming his own performance.

One of the other reporters mentioned that he has spoken with some one who worked on the "miked up " footage and said it changed their mind about the kid.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I'd rather have a game manager anyway, as opposed to a human highlight reel like Cam Newton, who has no idea how to manage a game or lead a team.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":7du43z55 said:
I'd rather have a game manager anyway, as opposed to a human highlight reel like Cam Newton, who has no idea how to manage a game or lead a team.

RW highlights makes Cam highlights look pedestrian.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I rip Russell Wilson relentlessly during games.

Always have, (owing to a time long ago when I was ripping Jerome Pathon at a game and he exploded with production ever since until he got to the NFL), because it is a weird superstition I have.

I guess it is only crazy if it doesn't work, but even still - you almost have to just acknowledge he has done everything you could ask him to do at this point, even when he has his bad games.

The production speaks for itself.

Is he better with Marshawn? Of course, who wouldn't be? Then again Troy was better with Emmitt, so what? Marino didn't have anyone else so he always slipped. You HAVE to have the other pieces to consistently get far, not sure why that is held against him.

RW produces in spite of all the reasons he shouldn't. That should count for something.

He has now been involved in two of the biggest post-season comebacks (Atlanta and Green Bay), even in games he lost.

He produces without a true #1 (even though Baldwin is a fantastic receiver in his own right) and with what seems to be an offensive line strung together with low round or no round draft picks.

He gets pressured on 50% of his dropbacks, but still has an incredible completion % for long passes or 3rd down passes.

Is he worth $20M? Well that is what great QBs cost so that is what he will cost. But he has shown that he is a better option at QB for us than almost any QB we could put under center - even if we could pluck anyone off another team to fill that role. Maybe Aaron Rodgers or Brady would get better results, but at that point you are just nitpicking.

Wilson is a great QB. The track record says it. The eye test says it. And even opposing coaches/GMs say it. Whether the press or random fans say it is immaterial.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Too short, not black enough and cries after big games. I've seen enough, thank you.

Seriously though, I'd like to see more videos that concentrate on the great throws he's made. Most NFL highlight reels mainly feature his running. No wonder people who don't watch many of his games see him as nothing more than a Michael Vick clone, or game manager.