I once got temp-banned by Radish...

jkitsune

Reaction score
For making a new thread about the Steve Hutchinson fiasco in the gruesome aftermath of XL.

I debated whose fault the last play of the wild-card loss vs the Rams was - Hass or Engram (by the way, wasn't Itula Mili so clutch on that drive?)

I was stoked for Jim Mora, Jr.

I thought Tim Ruskell was getting a bad rap, and not enough credit for our Super Bowl berth.

I argued that Deon Butler would be a great wideout for us.

I got flamed in the smack shack for posting too much by someone who hated that .Net had become the 'jsea and jkit' show. I still have no damn clue what he meant.

I cheered a Super Bowl win here.

I've had some good times on this board with you all over the last 11+ years.

Just thought you guys should know.

Go Hawks.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I once thought Josh Portis was the QBOTF, even declared him a better QB than Wilson shortly after he was drafted

I yelled "YEAH' when Curry was drafted

I'd get a reminder not to cuss every 2 weeks from Radish... Miss that guy

Rob12

Reaction score
This is a great place. I enjoyed it for probably eight years or so before I even registered an account.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I miss having Les randomly sending me PMs and funny and/or cute emails just to say hi and brighten my day, When it got tense around here earlier this season, I so wanted to hear from him.

I hope he has a great view for the game today.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I once a had a blow up in the game day forum with Les.. which he apologized for and admitted was his fault..without ever admitting was his fault or actually apologizing. It was classic. Sigh.

This board has had some ups and downs for me but is always special.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Radish once PM'd me, ranted at me calling me a dipshit. I was clueless. Asked him what I'd said. He went back, looked at my post and then replied he was sorry, for the life of him he hadn't the faintest idea. Probalby PM'd the wrong person. I figured it was just I'm a dipshit in general. I considered applying for .net dipshit after that.

Miss you Les.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2as9h35i said:
Radish once PM'd me, ranted at me calling me a dipshit. I was clueless. Asked him what I'd said. He went back, looked at my post and then replied he was sorry, for the life of him he hadn't the faintest idea. Probalby PM'd the wrong person. I figured it was just I'm a dipshit in general. I considered applying for .net dipshit after that.

Miss you Les.

Is .NET dipshit a job title? What does the job entail? What is the pay? What is the application process? I need to know these things in case I come upon a similar job situation that I want. :twisted: :shock:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I thought Carson Palmer would be a good investment for us.

Thought Jim Mora deserved more time. Wasn't as knowledgeable of a fan back then.

I also totally thought Deon Butler was gonna be killer for us. That was more or less just my Penn State fan talking.

Radish was great. Wish he was still around.

grizbob

Reaction score
Yeah, this place has gone to hell since Les' passing. ;) Missing me some Les. :les:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Les and I PM'd fairly often about old guy TV, otherwise known as stuff on CBS, which we both watched (NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI <the original one set in Vegas>, etc.). We had some lively discussion about all-time bet QBs one time, a subject on which we disagreed on several names.

Still happy and proud to say I wanted Ruskell gone well before most of the people here (and got a LOT of flack for it).
Admit I was very 'wait & see' about the Pete hiring.

Also didn't like the Curry pick. Wanted Crabtree instead. He's not been as good as I thought he'd be, but still would've been way better than Curry (so would have been my late Grandmother).

HawkGA

Reaction score
I used to post much more regularly, usually in the PWR forum for as far as football was concerned I was mostly just a consumer of information and didn't have much new to add. I was even a mod for a brief period of time. I drifted away from the forum and didn't post much. One day, Les emailed to check on me. Before I had seen the email, I happened to log in and go on a tirade against Absolut for something, earning myself a ban. Then I got Les's email and felt like a schmuck.

Other football related thoughts:
I never liked Holmgren.
I've never liked re-tread coaches and figured Carroll would flame out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm sure I was just about to be banned by Les a few times early on. Sometimes I have very little filter, or have a less then stellar "post awareness" of how things come across, as a lot of times things I post seem harsher then they are meant.

A lot of times I'd be mad at first but after a few PM's he'd have me calmed down and laughing. He was a good soul and a gem of a man. My PM box is lonely since he left us. :(

Still miss the guy.......
We need the Hawks to win one for the Radish today and February 1st. :th2thumbs:

Largent80

Reaction score
I think I have been banned by almost all the old mods. None are mods anymore however. To be banned by Les was hard to do, that guy was all about talking it out..... :les:

I'm gonna check my P.M.'s and actually have saved all the ones from him.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
I once went to Cheney to watch scrimmage and could not wait to come back and tell the board all about my super secret new DE I scouted that was going to make the team and be a star for us: Otis Leverette!

I've sat back and watched a lot of great discussion on this board. And a lot of inane crap! But it always feels like home.

Miss you Les! :thirishdrinkers:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
When I first started, I had a tendency to curse in every other thread. Radish was very understanding and laughed it up with me

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I was the biggest Brian Russell fanboy once upon a time ago. I made a thread flaming all the B-Russ haters that got moved to the shack. Also, the first game of Mora's year, a loss to the Rams, I made a thread saying I was glad Tatupu got injured and was taken out of the game, because we were better off with Heater. And I remember Kinggrumpy and I got into some pretty heated banter over it. Good times. When I first started posting, Les PM'd me to maker feel right at home. I'll never forget that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I really, really wanted Crabtree in the draft. Hard to admit that one, but it's true.

I miss the Radish's titillating emails. I miss the old guy humor ones too. Sometimes he got the two mixed up and I didn't know whether to groan or oogle the pictures anyway.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I responded to the trade of Josh Wilson by calling Pete Carroll a "chest-thumping baboon".

Les agreed with me.