I once got temp-banned by Radish...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Lol lots of people really wanted Crabtree that year.

I can't remember all my "doh's" on players but I'll try a few:

I liked Curry, but not that high of a pick.

I thought Ruskell was good...the first few years of his tenure.

I also thought Butler would be good.

I REALLY wanted Mark Sanchez. I wanted him to sit for a year behind Hass and then tear it up. I'm sure there's a ton more that I whiffed on.

I thought Mora was going to be great for us because he was so enthusiastic about coaching up here where his home was, and that it would infect the players. Funny, but the dude from So Cal is the one that got our players amped up.

I miss Les. After my first few "check your PM's", I would post really borderline stuff just to test him and see if I could sneak one by or he'd get me. Then we'd chat back and forth via PM. I felt like you weren't a veteran poster if you didn't get the "check your PM's" hammer at least once, a sort of rite of passage.

If there's any justice, he can see this game some how and we win it. And the Super Bowl.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I was mad when we traded away Josh Wilson.
I was mad when we dumped TJ Houshmandzadeh.
I wanted us to draft Crabtree, but was happy with Curry. Thought he would be defensive rookie of the year.
I have a soft spot for Derrick Mayes. I really liked that guy for some reason.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I also celebrated the Aaron Curry pick.. After all the enormous success picks of recent that were questionmarks at the time, i am way more casual in my monitoring of the draft (not sitting up in the middle of the night waiting for hawks pick anymore) since we now have the QB of our dreams, and I obviously have no clue if a pick is good or bad until years later

CANHawk

Reaction score
I really wanted us to keep Ricky Foley. He was the pre season sack leader after all...

I was pissed when we cut Lendale White.

I thought it was stupid to keep Chop Chop over... I can't even remember (though I think that has more to do with how great lasik is than anything).

I lost $50k betting on bud light to win bud bowl 7.

I told everyone I could believe it wasn't butter.

I went and got water when the DJ said the roof was on fire.

I believed Throwdown when he said he didn't hook up with the chick from McDonald's.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Radish seemed a bit offended by a post I made in the shack about how tired I was of waiting for slow people in public (walking, using the self-checkout stand, etc.). He PM'ed me and told me about his health issues and how he had trouble getting around anymore.

I felt a bit bad because my post wasn't directed toward disabled people, but toward the 99% of perfectly able-bodied people who, for some reason, just choose to walk and move so damn slow all the time.

captSE

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2qdi0bzr said:
When I first started, I had a tendency to curse in every other thread. Radish was very understanding and laughed it up with me

I once got chewed out for laughing at one of your jokes Glove, remember that? Pretty soon Les was very close to telling me a few himself after he got his point across to me. Great guy.

DohBoy

Reaction score
I still have last year's "Puppy Bowl" (and "Kitty Bowl") on my DVR.

To be fair though, I also have the SB, SB-post game and Monday morning's Mike & Mike in the Morning, SVP & Russillo and PTI. I can never return my DVR to DirecTV...I am contractually screwed.