This is Embarrassing

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've got the live feed of the rally in the background and they are doing a bit of trivia with some Seahawks fans. Some questions they had trouble answering....

1) What former Seahawk did the Real Rob Report....he ended up having to tell them that he was a fullback named Michael..... before anyone got the answer

2) Who wears number 54 currently (They guessed Lynch and Maxwell)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
He did get that Zorn was a Lefty.....what more do you want? LOL

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":wk5uh5jt said:

Yea, kind of like getting a True/False question right :lol:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kidhawk":2gjnfzds said:
Seahawkfan80":2gjnfzds said:

But even easier, because if you're asking the question, it's probably not the most common choice.

Heh, I don't mind a bunch of newbs, frontrunners, and Johnny-come-lately folks hopping on the bandwagon. That's how we grow the fan base. That's how we get to be like Dallas and Green Bay and San Francisco. And that's where we want to be because they get all the good prime time games and the coverage. It's better now with the age of the Internet, but nothing sucks more than being remote from the coverage area and not hearing a single thing about your beloved team for weeks on end at a time.

Donn2390

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jylj0ec4 said:
Sigh, the downside of being the reigning champions...Bandwagon fans wanting to be seen.
Doesn't matter if they are bandwagon fans, doesn't matter how much history they know. All that matters is they are cheering for the Hawks...!!

A

Anonymous

Seahawk Sailor":ta78zzcu said:
kidhawk":ta78zzcu said:
Seahawkfan80":ta78zzcu said:

But even easier, because if you're asking the question, it's probably not the most common choice.

Heh, I don't mind a bunch of newbs, frontrunners, and Johnny-come-lately folks hopping on the bandwagon. That's how we grow the fan base. That's how we get to be like Dallas and Green Bay and San Francisco. And that's where we want to be because they get all the good prime time games and the coverage. It's better now with the age of the Internet, but nothing sucks more than being remote from the coverage area and not hearing a single thing about your beloved team for weeks on end at a time.

...be more like Dallas and Green Bay and San Francisco...?

Uhhh... no thanks. I think I'd like our fan base to grow more organically into something that must be awarded or handed down.

"Son, you're a year old now and it's time I began the instruction process. Soon, you be an official Seahawks fan. First, let me begin; in 1974, a bunch of people got together to discuss the possibility..."

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HoustonHawk82":55t3odlx said:

Uhhh... no thanks. I think I'd like our fan base to grow more organically into something that must be awarded or handed down.

"Son, you're a year old now and it's time I began the instruction process. Soon, you be an official Seahawks fan. First, let me begin; in 1974, a bunch of people got together to discuss the possibility..."

I meant in the sense that they have a ton more fans overall and have had for years. Whether it's bandwagoners or organically grown, range fed, gluten free fans, the longer you see success, the more fans you build up over that time. And that translates to more coverage, more nationally televised games, and more merchandise available.

I have had a fan experience many of you here in the great Pacific Northwest have not had: I've had to follow my Seahawks while living around the world in either opposing fan base centers, or living in places where the only NFL was piped over AFRTS television and was what the masses wanted. During that time, I only saw the Seahawks from a national level and never the local one, meaning when they sucked, they were completely invisible. When they were good, you could see the outline of their shape like the Invisible Man when it rained.

I want to be the team you know is going to be on national television at least every other week. I want the broadcast coverage area to grow and swell. This is the best we've seen it in the history of the 'Hawks, and we can still find where the national media disses us on a regular basis or doesn't give warranted coverage. There's no reason why we can't be one of the premier, flagship teams in the NFL. We're on our way there with Pete and Russell and Co., we might as well go all the way.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sailor, I am with you on that. We had radio sometimes where I was at. AFRTS was our radio/tv channel. Only had football on radio in 83-5 there for the game. Most of the time not even on radio....So Yeah....I am with you on that one. Go Hawks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":o02yxzmv said:
Seahawk Sailor":o02yxzmv said:
kidhawk":o02yxzmv said:
Seahawkfan80":o02yxzmv said:

It doesn't get much more organic than winning. That's how all the great fan bases were built.

I keep hearing from folks that Seattle is a small market and we get disrespected a lot because of this.

Seattle has twice the media market of GB, and is a much larger market than Pittsburgh is as well. We're not small market. People are going to flock to winners, especially winners with big personalities and lots of publicity.

How do you think NE's market grew ? How many Patriot fans outside of NE do you think there really were before Brady and Bellichick started winning titles ?

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I Know for a fact that here in Vancouver bc , right know everyone is a hawk fan , the canucks ( our NHL team) has not done anything since 2011 and the Hawks since Russell Wilson has become QB has become very popular here were the fan base is growing here every year. Know I have been a fan since 1983 with Dave Krieg , Curt Warner, Jim Zorn, Byron Walker, etc. I am a big Canucks fan but Love the Seahawks

Season ticket holder since 1983

Boycie

Reaction score
kidhawk":3iqzbhy5 said:
I've got the live feed of the rally in the background and they are doing a bit of trivia with some Seahawks fans. Some questions they had trouble answering....

1) What former Seahawk did the Real Rob Report....he ended up having to tell them that he was a fullback named Michael..... before anyone got the answer

Sounds like some Manchester United fans made the trek to Seattle to jump on the bandwagon. :sarcasm_off:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":2fmwpmb3 said:
I Know for a fact that here in Vancouver bc , right know everyone is a hawk fan , the canucks ( our NHL team) has not done anything since 2011 and the Hawks since Russell Wilson has become QB has become very popular here were the fan base is growing here every year. Know I have been a fan since 1983 with Dave Krieg , Curt Warner, Jim Zorn, Byron Walker, etc. I am a big Canucks fan but Love the Seahawks

Season ticket holder since 1983

Uh...sorry but no...

PackersRules on the packerforum.com

I'm prolly one of the few Packers fan in Vancouver, B.C. Literally almost everyone here is a Seahawks fan. All my friends and co-workers too. When we talk about football this is usually how it transpires. 'GB SUCKS, WILL GET BLOWN OUT, SEATTLE IS ALREADY GONNA WIN THE SUPERBOWL, PATS HAS NO CHANCE, ETC. Meanwhile I'm like, 'NOPE, GB BY DOMINATION, GB BY UPSET, etc just to rattle them up.... They usually just call me stupid with words like "WE OWN YOUR WEAK *** TEAM or SEAHAWKS ARE TODAY'S DYNASTY (rolls eyes, yeah okay, cause apparently winning 1 superbowl makes you a dynasty), GB's DEFENSE SUCKS, etc."

LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

PROVE ME WRONG GREENBAY!!!!!!! Please Please Please.

I decided to post the whole posting for us to see. Probably one of few and far between tho. Go Hawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3tkj9iz3 said:
LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":h0dfr98b said:
Seahawkfan80":h0dfr98b said:

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.

Me too. It is just a matter of when. :(

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15eip1w8 said:
Seahawkfan80":15eip1w8 said:

Yes I do agree but there are a lot fans here that have been fans since the beginning in 1976 , we do know how the Seahawks have suffered for years and years, we have lived through it too. but it does not hurt have more and more fans get aboard , like other people have been saying here the hawks are becoming more and more popular everywhere and how can that be a bad thing.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":2madi0ap said:

Honestly, don't see why you would expect your average Seahawks fan to know about the Real Rob Report. .. There are probably a good amount of long time season ticket holders who don't (or didn't) know about that.

It's possible to be an extremely passionate sports fan - while never using your computer. Ironic that even needs to be pointed out.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":1h927qi9 said:
kidhawk":1h927qi9 said:

Honestly, don't see why you would expect your average Seahawks fan to know about the Real Rob Report. .. There are probably a good amount of long time season ticket holders who don't (or didn't) know about that.

It's possible to be an extremely passionate sports fan - while never using your computer. Ironic that even needs to be pointed out.

Not like it's been mentioned on any of his NFL spots over the past two years or any of his radio interviews or anything like that. There are plenty of avenues to have heard of it and him without the internet. Then add to that the fact they didn't know Wagz is number 54....a pro bowl player....well, it's sad