Early Game on West Coast, Late Game on East Coast

rideaducati

Reaction score
Screw you NFL. The Seahawks will win anyway. To schedule the Championship games that way is RIDICULOUS.

volshawk

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Silver lining is maybe Rodgers won't have as much time to work out that calf issue.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
If it wasn't predetermined then we'd obviously have the late game but it is predetermined so it is as it always has been and will be.

Largent80

Reaction score
An ass kicking is the same no matter what time of day, for GB, it will begin at 12:05 Sunday.....ahhhhhhhhh.... :179417:

A

Anonymous

volshawk":244bxntz said:
I was thinking the same thing. Silver lining is maybe Rodgers won't have as much time to work out that calf issue.

They've got a team of Grecian Spa technicians rubbing hot oils and potions on that calf as we speak. Unless he pulled it or tweaked it today, chances are he'll gain back more mobility than we would have liked regardless.

253hawk

Reaction score
It flips every year, so unless you want us to not make the CG every odd year, get used to it.

The only way to change it is to move one of the games to Saturday (not happening.)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2prp00dg said:
Pre-determined every year.

Yes but, I would make much more sense to play early on the east coast and late on the west.
I'm not upset about it but, the times could be swapped without a ton of problems.
God forbid the NFL do what's best for the fans.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
There are no numbers on the Hawks' clocks. It just says "kick ass" where all 12 numbers usually are.

This one-act play will illustrate:

Earl: Kam, what time is it?
Kam: (checks watch) Time to kick ass, Earl.

End scene.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Hawks can grate cheese into a pile any time of day or night in 12 country on ramp to SB49!!

jkitsune

Reaction score
rideaducati":1i4263tc said:
Screw you NFL. The Seahawks will win anyway. To schedule the Championship games that way is RIDICULOUS.

I'm not exactly sure what your complaint is. Can you be more specific?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The late start worked to our advantage in the divisional round. Hard to complain too much about this, though the primetime slot would obviously be preferable. My only gripe with predetermined scheduling is when it forces a west coast team to play at 10am in the early rounds. It's too inequitable there.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":cuem8te9 said:
Seanhawk":cuem8te9 said:
Pre-determined every year.

Yes but, I would make much more sense to play early on the east coast and late on the west.
I'm not upset about it but, the times could be swapped without a ton of problems.
God forbid the NFL do what's best for the fans.

Is it best for the fans though? Maybe there's a fan who has to work at night and wouldn't be able to go to or watch the late game? Maybe on the east coast there is a fan who has to work during the day and couldn't go to or watch the early game.

My point is just because it is best for you, doesn't mean it's best for everyone. They are never going to please everyone. Having everything predetermined ahead of time is fair regardless of who's playing and where it is being played.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
253hawk":33zbc0r0 said:
It flips every year, so unless you want us to not make the CG every odd year, get used to it.

The only way to change it is to move one of the games to Saturday (not happening.)
I wish they would, I like having games on Saturday, why not have 1 championship game Saturday in prime time and the other in prime time Sunday, seem like you'd get better ratings.

253hawk

Reaction score
It could have the potential of giving a team one day less than the other to heal/rest/practice/travel. There's no way to avoid that going from the wild card (say on a Sunday) to the divisional round (say the following Saturday) sometimes, but it can be avoided when going from the divisional to the conference games by simply having both on Sunday.

Sunday is football day anyway. The only reason there are even Saturday games is because there's no way to get 4 games in one day without having networks directly competing simultaneously over a time slot, reducing ratings.

Brithawk

Reaction score
As a UK fan I'm grateful, staying up until 5am for the Carolina game was draining