so if we play Carolina

rightbench

Reaction score
I know nothing is settled for who we play next week, (although Cam did say postgame "we need to be better when we go to Seattle"), but I think for all of the people saying that they will have no chance against us, they do have 2 of the things that are more likely to give us trouble, being a power running game with a mobile QB, and a favorite target TE which we seem to have trouble covering (see San diego game).

I actually think it will be a great matchup if they do end up coming to town, and I'm also ecstatic that we can quit hearing about the great and mighty Bruce Arians nonsense.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Not worried about newton. Wags and Bruce will shut him down. If its Carolina I would expect they'd score less than 10 on us.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
I'm more worried about their pass rush against our Oline... I mean we gave up 3 (I think) sacks to the Rams when they didn't have a sack on the season coming into that game. I'm sure Wilson will be scrambling for his life

BAJAHAWK

Reaction score
Arizona gave them that game. My high school team could of beat a team that only gains 78 total yards and had 4 chances to score inside the 20! Seriously Arizona should have blown them out

Rat

Reaction score
Not "worried", but they have played us closely the last two meetings (albeit both in Carolina), which is enough for me to not write them off.

That game today was too terrible for me to give much respect to them though. It feels like all the points for both teams came from the opposition doing something stupid.

irocdave

Reaction score
Not worried one bit about the Panthers. Cam will make a couple of plays but will wilt just like he is prone to do. He is more about the moment then the outcome.

HawkerD

Reaction score
If we lose at home to a team with losing record then we suck. We clearly don't suck. We have had a problem once (vs. Dallas) against a power runner and that was in the half of the season that I almost completely discount. the same thing goes for our performance against Gates. Of course every NFL team has a chance but that's all I would call it if the Hawks come in ready to play.

I just don't see any match ups where they have the advantage except with Luke K at MLB. I think we'll get pressure with four rushers and as long as we stay in our rushing lanes and continue to set the edge we will be Ok. Cam is the X factor. Can't let him convert 3rd and longs like he did today.

Hawks 27-13

irocdave

Reaction score
Remember what happened the last time the Panthers played in Seattle in the playoffs? Smoked.

Mick063

Reaction score
Carolina, is by far, the worst team remaining in the playoffs.

Don't let those 10:00 am starts, 2,500 miles away, deceive you about the last three close games in a row that Seattle won there. Remember the 2005 NFC championship game? It will more closely approximate that.

Newton will look very much like Kaepernick's worst days at the Clink, perhaps worse. Newton isn't nearly as fast and just as easily rattled. Remember Kaep's first game in the Clink and know that Newton has never experienced this unique, relentless noise assault before. He will self destruct this game into a boat race.

I rarely see Newton slide to avoid contact. Seattle has bam bam Cam. See where I'm going with this? Sore jaw + noise = rattled quarterback.

They have two rookie guards and a waiver claim starting on their offensive line. What were Jonathon Stewart's numbers against the Cards again? 24 for 153 and 1 TD? He won't get a third of that.

What do you think their "deer in the headlight's" punt returner is going to do with Lockette and Lane bearing down on him?

Lynch and Wilson will score with a consistently short field to work with.

irocdave

Reaction score
I would be more concerned with Detroit. Panthers will get crushed AGAIN in Seattle. Panthers looked like crap, tried to give that game away numerous times. The Cards just didn't have enough with all the lost players. The Panthers tried to give that game away several times to the Cards and the Cards could not make them pay for the mistakes. The Hawks will make them pay for subpar play. 40 - 10.....Hawks.

Northhawk

Reaction score
If it is Carolina, a few things that could give us fits:
- their D-line was breaking thru Arizona's line at will
- their run game was serviceable against a good D
- their O-line looked strong giving Cam lots of time.

Our D is going give Cam fits but their D is going to be on Russ lots.

I think it would/will be close for 2 quarters then we start to pull away.

SupersonicSeahawkz

Reaction score
We have played and beat them in Carolina 3 years in a row. Only thing that will change is the venue.

marko358

Reaction score
Didn't watch the game. How healthy is Carolina? Any Panthers go down during the game?

Optimus25

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":jpk7rdj8 said:
I'm more worried about their pass rush against our Oline... I mean we gave up 3 (I think) sacks to the Rams when they didn't have a sack on the season coming into that game. I'm sure Wilson will be scrambling for his life

your post confuses me considering the Rams had 13 sacks in the raiders/redskins shellackings alone...the panthers would kill for the pass rush of the rams, and we're fine. We're almost walking in to the NFCCG.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Their defense wil be tough. There won't be a lot of sideline to sideline room in the linebacker depth the way their top 2 guys play. Their pass rush will be good, but LIndley made them look even better today. There were a few occasions where he didn't take some opening and had no sense to where the pressure was coming from. Different story with RW.

Newton's accuracy was not that good today. If he's no better next week, the Hawks D will shut down that passing game.