so if we play Carolina

Rat

Reaction score
Optimus25":2yk4fiax said:
Seahaaaawks":2yk4fiax said:
I'm more worried about their pass rush against our Oline... I mean we gave up 3 (I think) sacks to the Rams when they didn't have a sack on the season coming into that game. I'm sure Wilson will be scrambling for his life

your post confuses me considering the Rams had 13 sacks in the raiders/redskins shellackings alone...the panthers would kill for the pass rush of the rams, and we're fine. We're almost walking in to the NFCCG.

The Rams had embarrassingly few going into our first game. It came back together, but they seemed to get their confidence back against the Hawks.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Carolina gets crushed.

They had like 7 rookies playing vs the Cards.

I'm sure the Hawks will be focused and the 12's will give them a nice "welcome them to the Clink" :sarcasm_off:

Go Hawks

Jiggy

Reaction score
Cam Newton is really banged up.
2 rookie guards and the right tackle is a practice squad pick up.
Their speedster deep threat WR may be out with a bad shoulder.

Like I told a couple friends of mine, if Carolina comes to Seattle it will be like a sanctioned baby seal clubbing. The Seahawks will put a beating on the Panthers.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Carolina gets crushed.

They had like 7 rookies playing vs the Cards.

I'm sure the Hawks will be focused and the 12's will give them a nice "welcome them to the Clink" :sarcasm_off:

Go Hawks

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Now Carolina will have to travel all the way here, and the game is on Sat so it's a shorter week for them. That helps us too.

Go hawks!!

Reaction score
All I know is that if we do end up playing Carolina, and Newton keeps throwing the ball from his back foot with bad mechanics, it could be a very long game for him against the L.O.B.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would prefer Carolina come here over Detroit, but either will work. When the Hawks offense faces tough defenses they just figure out ways to get it done.

The Panthers are not the kind of offense that can nickel and dime first downs to keep the LOB on the field. That is what the Chargers and Dallas both did albeit against a very different team than the one on we see today. Newton can run, but this defense will be all over him at home. He is beat up pretty bad too, that is not likely to improve in a game vs. Seattle.

The Panthers will be coming into the Ring Of Fire if they come here.

peppersjap

Reaction score
rightbench":w5hcxl0i said:
I know nothing is settled for who we play next week, (although Cam did say postgame "we need to be better when we go to Seattle"), but I think for all of the people saying that they will have no chance against us, they do have 2 of the things that are more likely to give us trouble, being a power running game with a mobile QB, and a favorite target TE which we seem to have trouble covering (see San diego game).

I actually think it will be a great matchup if they do end up coming to town, and I'm also ecstatic that we can quit hearing about the great and mighty Bruce Arians nonsense.
I don't get the TE thing. It is true that Gates had a great game against us but he is definitely one of the best. off hand I can't thing of any other TE's that have torn us up. We have been very good against Olsen in the past and handled the likes of Jimmy Graham last year. We were good against Julian Thomas, the Eagles TE's and always good vs vernon Davis. I think we were also pretty solid against Kelce from KC. I can't remember how well Whitten from Dallas did against us but don't remember him lighting us up. Outside of Antonio Gates I think we have been pretty solid to above average against TE's.

NINEster

Reaction score
peppersjap":1uncscu0 said:
rightbench":1uncscu0 said:
I know nothing is settled for who we play next week, (although Cam did say postgame "we need to be better when we go to Seattle"), but I think for all of the people saying that they will have no chance against us, they do have 2 of the things that are more likely to give us trouble, being a power running game with a mobile QB, and a favorite target TE which we seem to have trouble covering (see San diego game).

I actually think it will be a great matchup if they do end up coming to town, and I'm also ecstatic that we can quit hearing about the great and mighty Bruce Arians nonsense.
I don't get the TE thing. It is true that Gates had a great game against us but he is definitely one of the best. off hand I can't thing of any other TE's that have torn us up. We have been very good against Olsen in the past and handled the likes of Jimmy Graham last year. We were good against Julian Thomas, the Eagles TE's and always good vs vernon Davis. I think we were also pretty solid against Kelce from KC. I can't remember how well Whitten from Dallas did against us but don't remember him lighting us up. Outside of Antonio Gates I think we have been pretty solid to above average against TE's.

Owen Daniels 2013 with Houston, now with Baltimore.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Rat":2gqx5e6h said:
Not "worried", but they have played us closely the last two meetings (albeit both in Carolina), which is enough for me to not write them off.

That game today was too terrible for me to give much respect to them though. It feels like all the points for both teams came from the opposition doing something stupid.

I'll never write them of because we've won the last three games with them by paper-thin margins, and their D is at full strength. They know us very well, as we do them. Despite their piss-poor pass pro, their run blocking seems very solid, which Cam will need if he wants to stay semi-upright with manageable down and distance.

Luke Kuechly is always headache, as is their DL. Russell needs to account for him at all times. Our increased emphasis on getting the ball out quickly could play into Kuechly's hands, as he's so darn smart and quick. I think Bobby playing at home, PST, against a read-option scheme will be equally problematic for Carolina. I think our top priority should be taking care of the ball. ST is my biggest worry in that regard.

kjreid

Reaction score
I would rather play Carolina than Detroit I don't want Suh anywhere near our QB, that cheap shotting SOB!!!

TXHawk

Reaction score
Cam Newton has had three of the worst games of his career against the Seahawks defense over the last three years. Here are his combined passing numbers: 40-74, 54.1%, 437 yards, 1 TD, 1Int, 70.4 rating. The Panthers offense has scored a combined 28 points in those three games, and those were all on his home field and 10 am Pacific time starts.

Prime time in Seattle will be nothing he has experienced before.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The panthers needed several insanely bad turnovers to separate from Arizona. Don't forget this game was 14-13 cards before two quick tds in the 3rd. The were probably the worst two teams in NFL playoff history going at it, and it took him field and going up against a 3rd string QB to win for Carolina. They had a losing record for a reason. I know the 2010 Seahawks shocked the world vs. The saints but nobody thought they were winning the superbowl. You are what your record says, and they are a below average team.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Carolina will not beat Seattle in Seattle... no way... no how.

It could be close if they play the perfect game and we falter somewhat (turnovers)... but we will prevail... of that I am certain.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
HawkerD":m4vb7pxs said:
If we lose at home to a team with losing record then we suck. We clearly don't suck. We have had a problem once (vs. Dallas) against a power runner and that was in the half of the season that I almost completely discount. the same thing goes for our performance against Gates. Of course every NFL team has a chance but that's all I would call it if the Hawks come in ready to play.

I just don't see any match ups where they have the advantage except with Luke K at MLB. I think we'll get pressure with four rushers and as long as we stay in our rushing lanes and continue to set the edge we will be Ok. Cam is the X factor. Can't let him convert 3rd and longs like he did today.

Hawks 27-13
They don't have a losing record. They're now 8-8-1.
Know thine opponent.

Latest posts