The latest Injury News

jacobsod

Reaction score
Largent80":395645az said:
http://mynorthwest.com/292/2678628/Seahawks-expect-Unger-Kearse-Wright-to-be-back-for-playoffs

Thanks for the link, that is good news!

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
5 to 6 making it back would be pretty awesome. Sure glad we got this bye, oughtta ruin some opposition's dreams....heheheh

Ozzy

Reaction score
I really hope Hill can make it back for the second game at least. We may be fine the first week but he has changed the D-line since taking over for Mebane. All in all very good news though. Looking forward to Unger being back

FireHawk79

Reaction score
austinslater25":dec1oc3x said:
I really hope Hill can make it back for the second game at least. We may be fine the first week but he has changed the D-line since taking over for Mebane. All in all very good news though. Looking forward to Unger being back

Hill has been great and is playing great I really hope he gets healthy quick

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
FireHawk79":1zz5dhbm said:
austinslater25":1zz5dhbm said:

Hill has been great and is playing great I really hope he gets healthy quick
Me too but it's ultra nice knowing that Dobbs will be back full speed.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Worst case scenario Hill return in NFCCG. I am ok with that; we don't need him for Carolina or Arizona. I just assume that Dallas will beat a Suhless Detroit. Things are looking good. Max Unger will make our offense a lot better!!!

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
The way Lewis was abused vs. Rams I was asking why LJP wasn't in there. Getting a healthy Unger would be real nice.

Hoping Hill gets healthy as well, he has been ballin.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The Lewis/ LJP decision was probably based on the defensive schemes we were predicted to face as well as the success Lewis had when he started against the Cards in our first matchup of the season.

Philly and SF run true 3-4/ 2 gap scheme defenses and their blitzes are pretty predictable and easily identified. That is one of the dings I have heard against Fangio. Against them, I would pick the more physical center over the center who could read the defensive scheme better.

Arizona and St. Louis are pretty unpredictable, mix up their alignments more, and are more blitz prone. Arizona ended Demarco Murray's incredible 100 yard streak by switching to a 4-3 defense and holding him to 79 yards. St. Louis runs a base 4-3 and are one of the better teams at disguising the blitz. Against these teams, I would pick the smarter center who is better at reading the defensive scheme.

I'm not certain who is really physically more gifted, but it seems pretty clear that Lewis is the more cerebral player. He did a great job learning the scheme on short notice when he was brought in for the Oakland preseason game.

Tom Cable had this to say about him

He’s got a really cool brain. He picked things up really quickly in a short period of time. So that always piques my interest when a guy has the ability to do that.

Of course St Louis' defense is stronger in the center and Zona's is stronger on the edge so that might argue for a more physical center against them. While Lewis might cerebrally have been the better choice against the Wethers, LJP might have been physically better. Next year, I would expect to see Lewis assume the primary backup role if we can continue his physical transition into an NFL caliber lineman.

- bsd RPA